Why is no one talking about cards anymore? A year and a half ago, they were all the rage: everyone from Logan Paul...

Why is no one talking about cards anymore? A year and a half ago, they were all the rage: everyone from Logan Paul, to Katy Perry, to Justin Bieber, to Mark Cuban, was talking about them. Fast forward to now, despite the efforts of numerous celebrities, as well as huge businesses like Ebay, TCGPlayer, and Topps, no one can seem to re-create the magic of late 2020. It's strange, too; wouldn't you think everyone would be talking about cards as a safe hedge now with the way stocks and crypto are going?

Attached: 0_image.jpg (1200x900, 173.55K)

>Pokemon cards
Everything is a bubble. If you haven't sold the Logan Paul pump you missed it, now they're going to crab and dumb, until maybe 30th anniversary.

Pokémon cards are the precursor psyop to make you chase crypto and “catch ‘em all”

Hence why you’re asking

Keep talkin that shit. I'm flourishing in my lane

Attached: espeon_appreciator.png (1138x312, 150.94K)

This. The hype is over, nobody is buying any kind of fucking card right now, especially in the face of total global economic and societal collapse.

Face it, retard. You missed your only opportunity to offload your useless pieces of cardboard shit and now you will either baghold them until you die or maybe if you're really lucky some retarded event like this will happen again in some sportsball nigger event and you'll be able to sell then. Good luck, faggot.

everyone's catching pokemon ENS domains now

logan might own some of the 500 holo charizards, but theres only one charizard.eth

that holographic first edition venusaur i bought when i was 12 for $20 with my allowance is my retirement plan

Attached: 1648931987951.gif (498x337, 57.36K)

Unfathomably and long-sightedly based

It's halfway reasonable. How many other examples of Clown World 2020 have you personally seen?
Why is pokemon outperforming stocks any different than the upside down shit we've been witnessing for ~3 years

BUT MUH BLUE CHIPS! I PARTIALLY OWN THE COMPANY! REVENUE!!!

What’s the iq of the average logan paul viewer? It can’t be more than 60.

Pic related will answer your questions.

Attached: m21179eldergargaroth.jpg (672x936, 159.07K)

I sold ~20 graded cards last week on eBay. Calm down doomer.

well the thing is, i want a holographic charizard. i never play the card game, it has no use or function to me. i'm not paying 10k for one but if i was logan paul rich i might. just to frame it and put it on my wall to flex on other millenials. there is no bigger status symbol amongst the millenial generation then a first edition holographic charizard.

Attached: no_market_reeeee.png (858x2256, 752.27K)

2021 was the era of free tendies and line goes up. stocks, crypto, collectables: it didn't matter.
now the world is ending, inflation is high and wages are stagnant. guess what, collectables are down just like crypto and stocks are. gee, i wonder why.

The true toy investment is lego

>most popular toy in the world
>pretty much lasts forever
>all millennials had it as a kid and now have money and want to re-buy or re-experience it
>has gotten a large adult fanbase and even has 18+ model product lines that are more detailed and complex
>all bricks from even the 1960s work with ones today
>licensing to the most popular IPS including Star Wars and Harry Potter
>almost always appreciates in value, year over year due to constantly circulating set inventories and items retiring from production

Attached: sw0053.png (246x380, 127.5K)

Collectibles are tangible. Tangible assets perform well in recessions.

How do I buy their discarded molds?

World isn't ending. Calm down doomer.

It doesn’t matter where the card hype is. The fact that it’s not hyped right now is an opportunity to load up for the next card bullrun in 3-10 years. All of the people who are in the best position for the last cardboard run were people who have been holding since 1998 and beyond. In cards, time in the market is key because as time goes on, product becomes less and less available.

Pic related is a small part of my tiny stash of sealed cards that I plan on keeping for at least 3 to 5 years. The top right is a case of evolving skies Pokémon center elite trainer boxes that I got for 250 last December. The cheapest one on eBay right now is 550. There are still opportunities in cards but if you’re the type to go away when the hype is gone you’ll never be in position to take advantage.

5 drop 6/6 that pierces, blocks fliers, and doesn’t tap. It also creates dudes, generates card advantage, and adds life. Lmao they want mono green to be good so badly.

Attached: 1D5284F8-B96D-43E2-905E-BEA86DF6AB7F.jpg (1024x1280, 326.69K)

When do my beanie babies go up again?

Here's the problem: no one actually wanted to buy pieces of cardboard for thousands, let alone millions, of dollars. It was the idea that you could buy them and sell them to someone else for more. Classic greater fool theory, just like monkey jpgs and shitty meme stocks of dying companies.

Fact is, greater fool theory will never disappear.
The same culture that appriciates pokemon cards is the same culture that has excess disposable income

will millennial girls fuck me if I have a holographic cardboard?

probably not, they only fuck chad. but any millenial man who sees it will say "nice" and nod respectfully in your direction.

>Fact is, greater fool theory will never disappear.

I reckon it's how 90%+ of the stock market functions. Especially right now with how much panic each dip has. It's like everyone expects to get rugpulled and have the house of cards collapse at any moment.

Beanie Babies were too early. If Beanie Baby hype started in 2009 or later, they'd still be flying. See: Funko Pops.

Did you just compare trading cards and BAYC to fucking GME? Hfsp

The greater fools get bored and move on to new things. Pokemon is done, now you should be buying Beyblades, some of which are going to be up to $10k at some point in the next few years (you have my permission to screenshot this).

I disagree, and I've already wagered 25k on my bet.

No. You should be buying old One Piece merch. Between the Netflix show and the TCG coming out, One Piece is about to explode in popularity among normies.