Unironic 2022 DeFi Summer incoming

Bros call me schizo but I think I just accidentally stumbled upon insane alpha and I feel like this is hidden in plain sight. I haven't seen a single person on crypto twitter talking about this yet but this is going to be huge

1. A few days ago Coinbase announced web3/DeFi integration on their new app blog.coinbase.com/access-web3-with-the-coinbase-app-2b804c0aee8a

2. Coinbase has nearly 100,000,000 registered users, most of which are normies and boomers that have barely heard of DeFi and have no idea how insane the APYs can get or haven't even explored the more niche areas of the space. Zoomers will rejoice and boomers will have heart attacks when they see that you can use DeFi and get x10-x20 the APY on stablecoins than you can with a traditional high yield savings account. Keep in mind 99% of normies in crypto have no idea about yield farming, etc. yet

3. By Coinbase's own admission, DeFi is going to be featured prominently in their new app, so I started looking into likely candidates

4. Coinbase is partnered with only a handful of DeFi protocols, each fulfilling their own niche. You can find the list yourself on coinbase.com/ventures . Obviously the big names like Uniswap and Synthetix are going to be front and center but everyone already knows about those, but if you dig a little deeper beyond just swapping/staking/farming here's where it gets really interesting.

5. On the third row right beneath Etherscan and BlockFi is Saffron Finance. Yes, the same Saffron that made a bunch of Any Forums neets rich as fuck during the initial bull run in 2021. The same Saffron that was the first insured return/fixed interest DeFi project and the first mover to solve risk tranching for investors in DeFi. As someone with a finance background I cannot overstate how gamechanging this is for institutional investors and the fact that this is all done with smart contracts is insane. The biggest risk for institutions dumping money in crypto has always been volatility.

1/2

Attached: Saffron Finance ALPHA.png (1423x1182, 180.1K)

Saffron's prospects look good after the LUNA fiasco

>twitter
Go back bot

I own Chainlink

if you actually followed the project you would know they removed its only use case about 6 months

they removed all insured tranches on eth. there was tens of millions in TVL when they had the tranches. now it's under 1mil TVL and it has nothing to do with insured tranches, but simply liquidity mining(aka no use case)

i'm holding because im already down 99% but you have to be an absolute psycho to put money into this garbage project

shill me more on this saffron shit and why its dead now

because the owner of the project removed saffrons only usecase, so it died

imagine if link was no longer used to run link oracles 6 months ago, how much would link be worth right now?

>tl;dr so far

Saffron is doing shit that Uniswap + Synthetix don't do and Saffron is about to release a new version of its protocol later this year. They're the biggest protocol that does jr/sr risk tranching (think insurance, retail degens go in the jr tranche for high yield but more risk and institutions go in the sr for lower yield but more security, Saffron courts both of these groups simultaneously because the jr tranche helps insure the sr tranche in an event of a bug/catastrophic loss). This solves the biggest hangup that these funds have with getting into crypto

So I did some further digging into the protocol and here's where it gets really fucking juicy:

>Saffron went into the shadows towards the end of 2021 and started quietly focusing on building their v2 while being very tight lipped for some reason

>Saffron was mentioned by name by the WEF last year in their paper in collaboration with Wharton as a "risk management innovation"

>Saffron quietly joined the United States Chamber of Digital Commerce a few months ago

I lied, there's a part 3

hopium OP
defi is doomed

Attached: EoM6cDgXIAAqMFs.jpg (828x759, 76.68K)

there's another project on that page that i've been following for a year, and that i can't buy because it's all seed round private VC bullshit. I hate 2022 crypto so fucking much.

>Earlier this month out of the blue they suddenly started announcing a shit ton of partnerships with Avalanche, Synthetixs, ELK, KCC, etc. in rapid succession

Something is fucking brewing now.

Saffron is the only protocol that is partnered with Coinbase that does DeFi insurance via risk tranching, which makes it incredibly valuable to hedge funds, institutions, and every day degens and it's about to be pushed front and center to a hundred million Coinbase users. I feel like something massive is happening under the hood here and this token is going to explode when its integrated into the Coinbase app and suddenly millions of boomers are going to ape in because it eliminates the biggest hurdle that they have when it comes to getting into crypto: volatility.

great write up OP. I'd just tell you to tread very cautiously because all macroeconomic indicators are pointing towards a recession. Speculative assets are at the bottom of the priority list for people in hard times.

>Saffron went into the shadows towards the end of 2021 and started quietly focusing on building their v2 while being very tight lipped for some reason

yes they "went into the shadows" aka they shut down their platform's only use case and replaced it with pointless liquidity mining while saying V2 was being launched on polygon(the 2nd most active chain at the time)

but what really happened was they went radio silent for 6 months, then launched V2(which has ZERO of the utility v1 had), on kucoin chain(an absolute ghost chain) really putting the nail in the coffin with this move.

>DeFi insurance via risk tranching,

they dont do any of that anymore, there's only liquidity mining(aka zero use case)

Yah but if everyone says a recession is coming that means it’ll come later.

for everyones sake, i hope youre right.

Holy shit. Saffron? Haven't heard of this since the earliest days when yield farming was still a new and interesting thing. Really hope the market can just skip to the bottom because I want to loot and scoot some alts but we're crabbing around $30k btc for too long.

The spice must flow.

Find out when they unlock and pick up after the inevitable dump.

This market is narrative driven. If fed comes out and say they’re going to start easing (and they will), we’ll enter another bullrun instantly.
What about chainlink?

interesting that OP just completely ignores all the fud i pointed out(which is all easily verifiable fact)

and just stops posting once his copypasta is over. guess just a bot?

Probably because your fud makes no sense. Their original farms were 99% used for earning SFI emissions during liquidity mining as far as I remember and abandoned quickly. Same with any liquidity mining pools from the early days like Sushi, Alpha, Synthetix, etc. Most of these original DeFi farms have similar TVL to what Saffron has now. It doesn't matter because they all established connections with bigger players like exchanges and investors who can help push new versions into public consciousness during a new cycle. That's how all of these NFT platforms took off at the beginning of last year. Maybe OP's post isn't totally accurate but it's fair to say there could be a hype moment when millions of new users have access to this via some normie app.

Chainlink is based but its apples and oranges imo, link is going to survive the test of time because everyone and their mother uses their oracle solution

Tbh I disagree with a lot of your fud, like another poster said all of these defi farms' tvl are down massively in this bear market but only a few of them managed to snag partnerships and connections with big players while the market was hot last year. During that time Saffron managed to get partnered with coinbase and a bunch of other prestigious investors, which is probably how they got into the chamber of digital commerce. I think there are a lot of people really invested in seeing this protocol succeed and the coinbase defi app could be the catalyst

Question is when does the market bottom out and will DeFi make a comeback. Unless you're into NFTs and memes and L1s there aren't any other promising categories of crypto to buy into for exposure to massive upside when BTC melts face to $50k again.

My bet is that the next bull will mirror the last one in a way, with CCIP playing the role that price feeds played last time.
Chainlink first, then DeFi powered by CCIP, then the rest. AAVE pro and Bancor v3 leading the pack. That's my call.