Career Thread

What career do you have, Any Forums? How much do you make? Do you enjoy it, or not? Give us neets trying make a change some advice. Cheers!

Attached: Astronaut-EVA_edit.jpg (2296x3020, 2.12M)

blue collar for a city

57k salary. Will make 70k this year with overtime.

Full pension (lul), paid vacation, benefits

Only work 3 out of 9 hours a day. 3 day weekends

Not the worst

in commercial banking
100k + 20k bonus 10 years in

made 500k in crypto and everyday i wonder if i should take a sabbatical. i think everoune around me is an idiot while they think the same about me. its a shit show. corporate america is cancer and an abstract type of indentured servitude

also i regularly research and think about working for a company i like or can be excited about like a crypto company or something but the fact of the matter is even in the "coolest" or "best" company i know in my heart its all the same shit. same tranny HR, same shitty middle mgmt, same full of people who dont want to be there and want to cause mental cancer on those around them, etc.

I work for my parents. 22 an hour and my dad teaches me how to trade commodities.

This year I graduated materials science eng in Poorland, no job prospects in my area KEK so I got an internship as an NDT inspector but it sucks so I'm moving to CAD department in the same company.
Now I'm at loss, if I won't like the job then I don't have any idea what else could I possibly like. And even if I will like it (which I doubt since so many anons are complaining about mech eng) the pay in my country is fucking laughable.
Does someone have any recommendations maybe?
>inb4 learn to code
I tried to do it as a teenager but I don't think I have brains for it

Attached: 273739007_501004161372346_4759397514215366453_n.jpg (640x640, 37.24K)

>data mining thread
I am a physics PhD. Make ~$120K working a full time job and teaching university part time. Steady pay increases each year. I’m also the guy that posts pic related all the time.
>do you enjoy it?
Yeah I love physics

Attached: FF87189E-8A5C-4A8A-BF12-C6BFEB3848AF.png (1020x1015, 2.12M)

It really isn't datamining, I need some ideas on what to do with myself so I can feel some self respect and my parents stop loathing me

AWS shit full time with consulting on the side. ~375K-400K depending on how much vacation time I give myself.

What skills do you have?

People love me. I don't say that in an arrogant way, but I am quite charming and most people like me. Other than that, nothing. I don't know if winning people over counts as a skill, but perhaps I should simply start scamming people.

Do you have strong morals? If so don’t scam people. It sounds like you care more about respect than the money, too. You could try being a counselor (huge demand for that right now), with some charity/volunteer work on the side. Counselors don’t need big boy psych degrees, and if people like you you’re sure to keep customers. My old man told me my job should do three things:
>Contribute to humanity
>Make a livable wage
>Be enjoyable
Just find something that does those and you’ll be set. You do anything for fun? Play music or anything? Go to the park and put out a guitar case with $2 in it and relax.

Yes I do have strong morals, had a spiritual breakthrough earlier this year. I agree with those three aspects of the perfect job, and don't think I could live with myself scamming people. Maybe I should do counseling. Its a funny mental image of people coming to me for counsel when I don't even know what to do with my life, though. Fake it till you make it, I guess

this is why white people are ahead of the game but also losing ground in the global battle.

imagine an asian parent saying some shit like this. as an asian guy, i think this actually is closer to the answer. i live in a corporate bubble and when i watch like nigger HS basketball coaches and shit and their impact on their community it really makes me think no cap.

My career path got shafted by covid so not any more

Ever had those friends that were great at giving relationship advice but horrible when they were *in* relationships?
Or seen some people on this board give advice that turned out to be good that they didn’t follow?
Just because you can’t see your own problems dispassionately doesn’t mean you can’t view the problems of others with an objective lens.
Not really sure what you’re saying bud.

Nurse anesthetist

180k before overtime and I moonlight for extra cash when I feel like it.

Yes and no. It’s challenging and thrilling to some extent. The downside is that it saps your humanity and the stress can be immense. At times I have about 30seconds to make the correct decision before someone dies of has permanent brain damage.

That's true. I'll look into it. But I have a hard time seeing someone coming to a 22 year old counselor. Seems like more of a thing you do in your thirties and up

You might be good as a medical device rep. You have to kiss surgeon’s asses and travel, but you get to actually learn how to do the surgery so you can guide the surgeon. My friend does it and he got to perform lumbar fusions on cadavers

>not being a 22 year old drug counselor for troubled young female teenagers who need direction in their life and that direction being pointed towards your cock

shiggitydiggitydoo

I started in procurement, moved into middle management, and now I day trade. I couldn't take the office bullshit any more. There are a lot of toxic boomers in manufacturing. Perhaps I am just an asshole, too.

Attached: 1652552110998.png (1331x871, 699.88K)

I don’t envy you. My fiancé is a nurse and it’s driving her nuts. It is way harder than people make it out to be, especially if you’re wise to COVID shenanigans that hospitals pull (she is). Anesthesiology is probably even more stressful than what she does tbqh.

There are other options. Just have to do something that suits your hobbies so it doesn’t feel like work. I got into physics because I was really into astronomy as a kid.

That sounds pretty badass. Tldr on how he got into it?

NEET zoomer here. Been floating around, listlessly attending community college and recently decided to pivot into trade work. Put in my application today for the union covering stationary engineers water plant operators, waste water operators, and biomedical technicians.

Think this was a good move? I don’t really see myself completing a degree being so far behind, and this way I don’t have to worry about debt and waiting another 4 years to start my career. This is something I pursued alone so I haven’t really had much input.

>career
None. I just do whatever seems profitable at the time.
>How much do you make
~60k last year according to my very accurate tax return. I've made about 40k so far this year, would be a lot more if my bags would stop dumping.
>do you enjoy it?
Yes

I'm thinking maybe I'll actually try to get a serious job after the recession. Maybe learn to code during it.

Be an OR nurse and make friends with device reps. Have a 4 year degree