CONSUMERISM IS BAD BECAUSE.. UH.. ITS JUST BAD OK?

>CONSUMERISM IS BAD BECAUSE.. UH.. ITS JUST BAD OK?

Attached: 1032931289298.jpg (680x768, 47.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BpgUQYARIsw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have fun wasting all your money

yes, it's harmful for the soul and goes against the way the Lord intended for us to live.

can you explain why you feel it's a good thing? "it's needed to prop up our shitty consumer-driven economy" and "it's needed to prop up the value of USD now that the gold standard is gone" might be practical answers, but that does not mean that consumerism is "good".

Because it has reduced our society and culture to mindless niggercattle while wasting precious fossil fuels to create mountains of plastic trash that cannot be recycled and will take thousands of years to fully degrade, and in the meantime fill everyones' lungs with microscopic shards?

Consumerism means consumers are the focus.

Capitalism means capital is the focus.

Which is better?

Ok, I’m a Comfyist I guess

The real redpill is that the majority of the population were always nigger cattle

decent bear market bait

>consumers are the focus
this is only true on paper. in reality, the consumers play the role of both the consumer and the product, and are worse off as a result.

That's consumerism. Being able to get more shit for less work is pro-consumer.

You're describing productionism. That's where total production of goods and services are the focus. That's not what consumerism is.

The Constitution is also only true on paper. All ideas are only true on paper. It's up to citizens to demand good products and good prices, as well as to demand that their elected officials enact policy that favors all consumers (even if they individually are slightly worse of than had they taken as much for themselves as possible).

I think the greatest tragedy of our era is when people allowed Marxist academics to redefine consumerism to mean something entirely different. People used to believe more in this idea and refused to get ripped off.

good for the economy, bad for teaching values.

> What Is Consumerism? Consumerism is the idea that increasing the consumption of goods and services purchased in the market is always a desirable goal and that a person's wellbeing and happiness depend fundamentally on obtaining consumer goods and material possessions.

Consumerism is literally the reason we are drowning in garbage and pollution.

>That's consumerism. Being able to get more shit for less work is pro-consumer.
The former statement is incorrect, the latter is technically true.
pro-consumer =/= consumerist

We've just run out of space in general. We need another exploration era like when people discovered the new world to give people something to do.

Marxist redefinition. Total hogwash. You've been duped.

Consumer protections make things more difficult for capitalist producers. These policies are introduced not because they are profitable, but because they are good for the consumer. They restrict what captial can do, and therefore explicitly not captialist. They are consumerist measures.

They are one in the same. You are operating on the Marxist definition that was pushed in the 60s designed to undermine the West. It's like saying that regulations that are pro-capital somehow aren't capitalist.

You're describing productionism btw. Consumerism would include things like making sure the paint and gasoline doesn't have lead in it. Fewer goods are produced and consumed this way, but the consumer receives a greater benefit.

I'll let you define it though. What ism would you use to describe policies that benefit consumers within a market economy?

Bee tee dubski

Attached: Screenshot_20220518-103421.png (720x1560, 157.65K)

>CONSUMERISM IS BAD
What does this even mean? People need shit. Should we all live like cavemen? Maybe people just shouldn't pollute and be so wasteful

But surely capitalist, or otherwise, polices can also benefit the consumer? That was all i meant. Useless pedantics, ignore me.

Consuming is hedonistic and is a dysgenic value. The primary focus of a society shouldn’t be about materialism it should focus on the eugenic principal of creation. A society is only as good as the people who contribute to it. A nation of creators vs consumers. Consumers steal value from creators, it’s why Jews prefer a consumer society.

>Have money
> Option 1: Put it to work, make more money with it, break out of the wageslave system eventually
> Option 2: Buy useless trinkets my favorite marketer/instagram/tiktoker shills me so I can accumulate deprecating trinkets that i'll throw away after 1 or 2 years

Consumerism is how businessmen get you to trade your money for useless shit so they can fill theyre own pockets

it is bad
youtube.com/watch?v=BpgUQYARIsw

If capital got to decide then we would still have lead in the paint and gas as well as asbestos in every home. When capital gets to decide you get loot boxes and the inability to just purchase the content you want at a fixed price.

Consumerism explicitly means doing things that would make capital less money because it would be good for the consumer.

and coomerism?

Attached: 831.jpg (680x566, 40.01K)