Let's change how the IC title and MiTB work

The IC title and MiTB need to be reworked. Here's some suggestions
>The IC title is now won through the KOTR tournament.
>16 entrants with 8 from Smackdown and 8 from RAW
>Entrants are pre-selected and then spend the month or 2 leading up to the event in round robin matches with each other.
>They are then seeded by their record from those matches.
> Except first place guys get to choose their starting opponent in the first round
>KOTR is a one night tournament PPV where you have single elimination matches.
>Each round after the first round the higher ranked fighter gets to choose the match stipulation.
This should help raise the value of the IC title into literally the work rate title and add a bunch of ground for storylines. Guys could tank to avoid certain people. Heels could insult faces by choosing them as the starting opponents.
>Change MiTB rules. Now when you win the briefcase you have 30 days to use as it is currently used, meaning you can cash in on someone at anytime.
>After that, you must defend the briefcase every week to keep it. Literal open challenge with no limit as to who can challenge.
Now instead of the briefcase remaining stale if you don't do the instant hot potato with the title it becomes something that provides storylines.
Also
>Create a match where the 4 guys who were eliminated in the Royal Rumble last (not counting the winner) have a match at WM for the #1 contender status of their brand.

Attached: _Intercontinental_Title_Belts_1920x1080_updated--7d94c38bf0d90f5cb2f3bad36490dd70.png (1200x675, 721.65K)

Is there not a brand split? Wouldn't work

Tournaments don't draw in the US and never have.

>Is there not a brand split? Wouldn't work
There is a brand split but the IC title is not a title that is supposed to be on both shows. Each brand is going to get a title again even after Roman unifies the current ones. But let's say that doesnt happen. Then the IC title could be the main title of the other show. Having a tournament built around the title would balance out it not being the main title.

The tournaments don't draw because we never have good tournaments. The tournament idea itself allows for plenty of storylines and angles to come out of it. Two friends facing each other in it. Bragging rights over who thinks they really are the best in ring. Does the KOTR have to be a tactician? What happens when someone comes in and just mauls people? Plus whoever gets the title can point to it as proof they can earn a shot at the main title. It's a way of brining back a mid card that actually moves people up.

Attached: tenille-030320.jpg (600x734, 88.77K)

WWE doesn't give a shit about the belts, the prestige, or how their champions look. They're props. That's all. The company is being sold within five years, they don't give a shit.

I CARE YOU ASSHOLE. ME I FUCKING CARE

Attached: 1647564746169b.png (1200x675, 684.48K)

So just make the IC title the Heritage Cup in NXT UK?

True, I stopped caring when they started fucking saying they were props.

Make your own company with your own rules and just steal their belt ideas.

The last time i felt when the IC felt important is when Miz had it

The MITB simply needs to be removed

No it's a good idea and gimmick. it just needs to stop being cashed in the same way constantly. It's become too obvious. Put some intrigue back in it.

NEVER!

I like the cut of your jib.

Attached: 5c96cc13e440d318bfcd521a2a49f6ad130f1172r1-1080-1080v2_uhq.jpg (1080x1080, 188.23K)

No one knows wtf the heritage cup is

>>The IC title is now won through the KOTR tournament.
stopped reading here

Why? The KOTR is a great idea to make someone a clear up and comer or #2. The problem is dressing them with a fucking crown and specter which is gay. Instead just make the IC belt and the KOTR title be the reward. Building up a guy to chase the title now has a more organic system. Even people who come in 2nd place in the tournament can claim they are ready for the main event in kayfabe

Based

The IC should ideally be the belt for guys who aren't quite at the main event, but will elevate them to such heights. Ironically, this was how the belt was back in the olden days before the Money In The Bank briefcase and the big gold post brand split, we may need to unify the WWE and Universal titles in order for this to happen, though.
As for Money in the Bank, I have a few ideas to jot down:
>get rid of the Money in the Bank PPV
>bring the match back to Wrestlemania
>8 participants - 3 from Raw, 3 from Smackdown, and 2 wildcards
>the participants from Raw and Smackdown will be decided via qualifying matches on TV
>the wildcards can either be from NXT, someone returning from injury, a returning legend, or a surprise debut
Doing this, I think I have an idea on how to make people care about King of the Ring
>like MitB, don't make it a PPV
>have matches on TV with the finals taking place on a B PPV before Summerslam
>tournament will be split into a Raw block and a Smackdown block with wildcards like I suggested for the MitB thrown in here and there
>bring back the stipulation that the winner gets a world title opportunity at Summerslam, either that or they get to choose when and where they can challenge
>if the latter, it doesn't work like MitB where they can cash in at a moment's notice, they must announce it beforehand
And another they can do to keep these fresh is to alternate these between the men and women every year
>one year will be the Men's King of the Ring and the Women's Money in the Bank
>next year will be the Men's Money in the Bank and the Queen's Crown (or whatever they called that Women's KotR from the past year)
Thoughts?

Attached: 1606763203472.jpg (563x1000, 80.89K)

KOTR should be a world title shot. The crown scepter as a trophy is fine but cringe when they force the winner into a gimmick. Wish 9/11 was on WWE headquarters.

>just make it aew
And go under a mil? Great idea sissy

>AEW out of nowhere

>You should win a grueling tournament to get a title shot when you can just win the RR, MITB or just get booked in a title match randomly on RAW
Also, tournaments don't draw in the US so it would be an even worse idea.

thats fucking stupid
>the IC title should be won and defended internationally - simple as
US on every domestic show
IC on every foreign show

This. The briefcase concept is outdated and only really worked when wrestling was still allowed to be violent and shocking. You'll never have another moment like Edge cashing in on Cena again. It's all too predictable. It doesn't even elevate anymore. Look at Sheamus in 2015. He cashed in on Reigns, looked like a fucking goober all month, got called "tater tots" and then lost the title almost immediately. That's your average MITB. Either that or a babyface cashing in RVD style and losing.

The problem I have is giving the KOTR the same reward as MiTB. I don't think MiTB should go away it just needs to be tweaked so they don't cash in the same way constantly. To me KOTR is about raising the perception of the IC title and the person holding it. So we have more natural progression of a rising star the way we used to. There used to be a path to becoming a main event guy and it involved the IC title. To raise it back up I don't think the reward should be "you get to fight for another strap that is better". It demeans the title. Personally I loved Savage's whole take on it when he had the IC title and basically would cut promos saying it was the legit best title simply because he had it and had fought guys that worth a damn for it. That's what needs to come back. Having a strong IC title would have let a work rate guy like Ziggler, who maybe couldn't hold a world title because of promos, 1) still help in putting over and making future champions/contenders look good and 2) allow him time to maybe find his footing in what he isn't good at by being involved in upper mid card shit constantly. It's also a cool title to have IMO. A guy like DBry could have been sold as the KOTR defeating multiple opponents in a single night. Exactly what they did in WM.