Why would anyone choose to be a lawyer? It's like the ultimate wagie bureaucratic hell

Why would anyone choose to be a lawyer? It's like the ultimate wagie bureaucratic hell.

Attached: 75nx2d3q54t01.jpg (641x530, 41.22K)

It used to be a ticket to the upper middle class. Now it is just another indoctrination camp full of foreigners and women.

why would anyone choose to be a cop given what they've just witnessed occuring with the unwashed revolution and blm? fuck that lol

>It used to be a ticket to the upper middle class
This, plus movies and TV shows have convinced people that being a lawyer is like the coolest thing ever

if you get lucky you can make big bucks. but most people end up doing one of three things

1) if you went to a top tier law school, wageslaving 80 hours a week for turbokikes at a big law firm in a severely overpriced city for $200k entry level. probably develop a drug/alcohol addiction.
2) if you went to a non-top tier school and you get lucky, doing some gay corporate legal counsel shit for $100k/year entry level with tolerable hours and relatively low amounts of stress.
3) if you went to a non-top tier school and you don't get lucky, doing DUI cases or divorce settlements at some boomer shitlaw firm that pays you $60k a year for 60 hours a week. or hanging your own shingle and doing the same shit for $500 bucks a pop flat fee market rate. probably develop a drug/alcohol addiction.

if you play it right you can catch a hollywood superstar

Attached: Camilla.jpg (390x391, 18.9K)

99% of retards here (ie. you) don't understand anything about law field.
there are two basic types lawyers: litigation vs transactional.
most litigation - either defense or plaintiff - are wagies. most transactional are waigies.
HOWEVER transactional types typically take a piece of the deals the decide to get into (ie. in lieu of hourly I will take a 3% fee). getting in on the right deals can produce a lifetime of income that far exceeds what hourly retards can make. most super-successful transactional attorneys basically become boutique firms that only specialize on specific deals and have a very controlled client base

You will always be a wagie as long as you have a boss.

how is "transactional law" different than any other professional services firm partners making the big bucks, everyone else paid salary and an insignificant bonus while agonizing over a timesheet billed in 6 minute increments.

So the winning strategy here is to go to an average law school and do legal counselling for large corporations?

because successful transactional law attorneys with competence in specific fields (ie. oil + gas, patent, etc) usually take a percentage instead of hourly billings. your average cpa cant do that.

not a lawyer but it seems that way. or be a STEMlord and go to law school and compete for one of the coveted patent law jobs. i took the accounting pill. just as boring/gay as law and pays reasonably well, but without the 3 extra years of schooling and debt.

Number 3 reminds me of my neighbor who killed himself

Unironically this. I have a law degree and got a job in IT consultancy now after leaving the sinking ship. I earn more than 70% of my lawyer friends who got like a mid tier degree and work like double the time per month than I do. With top degree you earn shit loads of money but you sell your soul and your life.

I'm aware, but having to memorize and deal with all the legal BS is what I'm talking about.

You forgot kind of the best option, which is military law. Where you have the best chances of building good connections if you came from nothing. Plus school repayments and people will help you get a job post military.

I'm not a big military shill but jag lawyers kind of get a golden pathway if they can rough it out

My friend who went to University of Chicago Law School Dad was a military lawyer. Sounds like you are right.

Relatively short training and the ability to exercise violence on poor people sounds like a good deal to me

i read that JAG is more competitive than getting into an ivy law school, not sure how true it is.

This guy explained it. It’s mostly the same in Canada. For the mediocre it’s a path to reliable employment for not that much money, for the exceptional you’ll work yourself to death in Big Law or building a private practice for a few years and then you delegate a lot of your work. Law firms don’t actually scale all that well (because of high training and compliance costs, chiefly, and because so much of the labor involves tasks that can’t legally be automated), but they are one of the more reliable avenues for those who want to be self-employed. If you’re a real shark you could try scaling a firm on your own, but you’ll be nearing retirement age by that point. Anecdotally all the lawyers I know are workaholics - they work compulsively, even after they have the money to retire.
>t. Grew up in a family of lawyers.

It's really competitive to move up and they only accept like 4-7% of applicants. I don't see it broken down but I'd assume you'd have a higher chance if you already had your degree.

I wouldn't ever trust a military doctor or surgeon because they're failures. But service members that get personal lawyers instead of jag are retards

It's an accredited job

I'm a stemtard who wanted to get into patent law but couldn't so i settled for IT consulting. I am so jealous of those damn lawyers. Why did you leave law bastard?

Everyone who uses kek in vein to push retarded ideas will curses themselves.
Op is a communist faggot.l, and all his threads are fake and gay.

>HOWEVER transactional types typically take a piece of the deals the decide to get into (ie. in lieu of hourly I will take a 3% fee).
Not accurate at all.
>most super-successful transactional attorneys basically become boutique firms that only specialize on specific deals and have a very controlled client base
Accurate.
>because successful transactional law attorneys with competence in specific fields (ie. oil + gas, patent, etc) usually take a percentage instead of hourly billings. your average cpa cant do that.
My father works in commercial real estate law and I have literally never heard of a lawyer operating on points. I know a lot of American lawyers get into real estate on the side but I always just assumed that was because the closing costs were lower since they can do 90% of it themselves.

I finished law school in April and start articling in August. If I could go back I would probably learn a trade honestly, but there are a few things that have kept me from killing myself in the hard times
Potential to actually help people, even if I only can do that through Pro Bono. If I'm lucky, my practice area will scratch that itch.
Family is all very proud of me, and there is a nice social status that comes with being a lawyer.
And I actually find the law pretty interesting and hope I will enjoy the work, at least the exciting parts, ie litigating

I wonder how many cases there are where JAGs represent service members that wouldn't get vaxxxed