Sting says this match isn't about WCW, that would be ridiculous at this point

>Sting says this match isn't about WCW, that would be ridiculous at this point
>match becomes WCW vs WWE
>JBL tells "WE WON THE WAR" as soon as HHH wins
>HHH asks for a handshake after using DX and a sledgehammer to win
>Sting shakes it
>HHH cuts a promo later in the show gloating
why did sting agree to this

Attached: 24746-16080975776781-800.jpg (653x366, 59.81K)

This is the single biggest display of Haitch's sheer ego in a single night

>why did sting agree to this
WWE was looking like the last word on NA wrestling, and he'd just seen his old tag partner, Warrior, hold off a grudge against the WWE for years, then return, then suddenly die pretty much the same week. He didn't wanna be forgotten without ever being in the WWE.

If AEW started around then, he probably wouldn't have done it. I don't know for surek, but the Warrior thing had an effect on Sting. He admitted it.

>I'm under contract and at the end of my career, might as well collect my pay check

I was there live it was all great until paul won, such a meaningless victory, vince owns wcw why does he feel the need to do this gay shit every time

Triple H main evented the following Wrestlemania as the champ. Said event is, to this day, the highest grossing wrestling event in history. His ego is deserved.

>Hall dead
>Shawn bald
>Paul on life support
>Sting still diving off balconies and having kino matches
Sting lost that night but he won the war

When Dana White was asked how he felt about PRIDE guys beating UFC guys after the purchase, he answered that they are UFC guys now. Vince has never had that level of sense.

Its not the same when you can pick and choose who wins

Based Triple H had to put down the decrepit NWO like they dogs they were. DX won the Monday Night Wars for the WWF and this match was a thank you to Triple H, HBK, and the rest of the boys. If you can’t accept this, then you’re just a sad old WCW mark.

Sting is not at all a mark for himself so working with a complete mark like Hunter was probably funny.

This was the first (and last) WM I watched for a long time, so you're kinda right, at least on my count. Last WM I watched before that was 19, and haven't watched since the one in the OP.

Wrestlemania is the draw.
As evident by this year's card, it literally doesn't matter who the fuck is on it, it will still wind up drawing just because it's WrestleMania.

Vince knows the wrong company won the Monday Night Wars and is compelled to bury anything WCW related to satisfy his own fragile seething ego

no, dana put the ufc womens belt on ronda without her having to beat anyone.

vds headcanon, he just has a grudge over them.

Dana and Ronda became friends before she got in the UFC, and every WEC/Strikeforce Champ for a division they didn't already have automatically became UFC Champion.

>Sting is not at all a mark for himself
Reminder that Sting didn't sign with WWE because he was "scared how he would be used" after seeing what they did to other ex-WCW guys. Then proceeded to sign anyway when the check got big enough and he thought he'd get a Taker match at WM.

Attached: images-1.jpg (225x225, 6.62K)

Most likely this wasn't what was initially pitched to him.

We beat WCW, we can do whatever we want. I look foreword to Roman squashing MJF in 3 years and that being the final death of AEW.

Always follow your gut

Can you blame Sting though?
Arguably only Booker T was treated okay out of all the ex WCW guys

>Arguably only Booker T was treated okay out of all the ex WCW guys
Because ironically Booker is not a mark himself. Booker did an angle with HHH where he was basically told he couldn't be champ because he was a nigger and didn't cry about it or throw shade. Booker also doesn't need to through himself through tables at his age or at 62 because he just wanted to get paid and live life.

TNA went to shit and they threw a fuckton of money at him. He probably thought it would be his last big payday in his wrestling career.

>Arguably only Booker T was treated okay out of all the ex WCW guys
According to Buff Bagwell, it's because Booker's black. Sting tried to trick Vince, by wearing black. But HHH clued him up.

who from wcw actually deserved a better push than what they gave them really? they were all old and broken down.

Booker brings it up every now and then it clearly still bothers him

DDP absolutely deserved better
He should have got a feud with Rock over who the real peoples champ is

booker was better than bagwell, less sloppy than steiner, who else supposedly got buried from WCW? DDP was old, the rest were all midcarders and treated as midcarders

DDP and Mike Awesome

>Booker brings it up every now and then it clearly still bothers him
I'm sure it does. There's a difference between getting buried because you were in WCW and then looking for a paycheck with the fed that buried your company and being buried for that AND being a literal nigger. But he did it. Booker did an interview where he talked about other guys sitting out collecting their checks when WCW was brought out, instead of signing new contracts.He said he didnt do that because it was short term thinking. They were getting paid then but their name was becoming shit, instead of signing eating crow and proving it all over again to another locker room. Saying Sting isn't a mark for himself is bullshit. He stayed away from the fed because he knew he would have to lose to guys like HHH and couldnt stomach it. Then he thought he could call his shot by losing to Taker, who unironically didn't deem him worthy of a match he had given to guys like Giant Gonzalez.

>Put the biggest Wrestling Event in the biggest stadium in biggest stadium in the county

Keep thinking you had anything to do with that whatsoever Paul. And it will be the 3rd highest grossing event after the next wrestlemania.

Not WCW but RVD should have gotten the rocket strapped to him

because this is Sting biggest moment

>sign with WWE
>get booked poorly
>lose momentum, legacy and future opportunities
>BUT HEY WWE PAY YOU SO ITS OKAY
Stink know’s his worth.

Mike Awesome was good but he was a midcarder in WCW as well so it's not like he was just underutilized because he was from WCW.

true he did get pushed eventually though but he ruined it.

their name became shit if they sat out for 2 years?

when he did he fucked it

>lose a fake fight
>BUT HEY WWE PAY YOU SO ITS OKAY
yes

Scott Steiner. That guy was a complete package and is far more talented than HHH ever was. Now granted, Steiner would've never fit in with the PG area and unlike Cena, I doubt he would ever tone himself down. Arguably Rob Van Dam but WWE actually did try to push him as an ECW guy since that's what he's most known for. RVD just always ruins his own push with his drug problems.

the whole thing was Vince pissing on the grave of WCW years after it died

steiner was late 30s and broken down, I heard stuff about them wanting to push him in the 90s but he wanted to tag with his bro, DDP was in his 40s.

did you see how sloppy Steiner was when he came to WWE?

4 years after when they should’ve. It was too late to push him by then anyways

He was a midcarder in WCW and a jobber in WWF, he was absolutely underutilized

true but he still fucked it, he couldve fucked it back then too so Im not gonna cry over it. booker and kane are the guys im pissed at paul burying the most.

>Stink know’s his worth.
If he knew his worth he would have not ever signed with them. That's standing by principle. Let's not act like Sting did not beat the drum constantly talking about facing Taker over and over again. He wanted to call his shot. Imagine WCW winning the war and someone like HHH going to them later on and thinking he could go over someone like Sting or call his shot and say he would want to lose to DDP or some shit? Would that make sense to you? Don't use the "HHH and Sting aren't the same blah blah". Pick whoever you want from a WWE that lost the Monday Wars and tell me they would sound sane asking to either not lose to a WCW guy or go over a specific one of their choosing. You'd call them a mark.