If you can afford it...

If you can afford it, why would you buy a townhome and throw money away via HOA when you could've afforded a single family home instead? Just genuinely curious why anyone would buy a townhouse.

Attached: 3ED5C0F6-EAE8-4DCE-AFD3-EF7096936B98.jpg (620x400, 19.67K)

What is a townhome?

Its the shitty little houses that are connected to each other in a row. See attached

Attached: download.jpg (273x184, 9.99K)

Don't they have those all over England?

Dont know.

But in the states they are ridculously hard to sell on the secondary market. Most people would prefer a single family home, even if it has a HOA as well.

That's true, but people will still buy because the demand outweighs supply.

Depends on the area I suppose.

Personally, whenever I see a community being built locally, there is usually a 20:1 or 30:1 single family to townhouse ratio. But, that may be personal bias based on my own experience.

HOA fees aren't calculated into a mortgage for financing reasons, so you can get a better mortgage rate/deal depending on the market and area.

Seems unappealing just because I'd want more privacy and space if I was gonna fork out the cash to buy something.

Most are rented

housing is 100% about location
this used to be common knowledge

>"Hey Dave, I just bought a $500k mansion on a loan at 50% interest and 3 $90k cars while making $30k/yr salary and my wife stays at home. What do I do?"
T. Average Dave Ramsey caller

demand outweighing supply is a temporary thing, isn't it

A cheaper piece of property, usually close to alot of amenities, and somewhat customizable. So that would make sense.

Can you imagine the amount of patience this guy must have to explain basic shit to dumb people every day for years?

I hate when people that buy townhouses say that they bought a house. Townhouses are a huge cope. When people say they bought a townhouse, what that really means is that they got a mortgage for a duplex apartment kek. A townhouse is NOT A HOUSE!!!

>"Hi Dave, I invested a dollar into Luna and now i have 2 dollars what do you think i should do?"
>"Get that money out of there right now sunk costs fallacy REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Fuck Dave Ramsey

Because townhouses are half the price and in many parts of the country a single family home is unaffordable.

If it's a corner unit though it's the closest alternative to a house

Attached: 33A13269-D928-4211-BDF2-14F0D31897B4.png (1106x1012, 475.39K)

I can't afford either fuck this city

Attached: 1645099814454.jpg (500x500, 99.48K)

Depends on your situation. I'm considering it because I can get one in a decent part of town for a reasonable price, and I don't have a family so I don't really need the space of a single family. Renting is an option, but that usually goes up every year so you will have to move eventually and good places have rent so high sometimes you may as well pay a mortgage. HOA fees suck, but if you find a place with a good HOA that does stuff like pay all your utilities its pretty much the same as if you didn't have an HOA but paid for all your utilities.