“I’ve been saying this from the get-go,” Bischoff said...

>“I’ve been saying this from the get-go,” Bischoff said. “I’ve been saying from day one whether it’s about WWE or AEW, it’s a commitment to story and AEW is proving my point. The fact that they have plateaued is proving my point. You can add whoever you want to your roster and it won’t matter beyond a week or two unless the audience is engaged in a compelling story that makes them look forward to next week. Not because they’re just wrestling fans and they want to see a four-star Tokyo Dome [match], no, that’s not going to grow the audience.

>“That’s going to satisfy the audience you already have. If you can have that phenomenal athletic match, great, and it’s the pay off to the story, that’s excellent, that’s perfect. But if you’re not building stories that people focus on, talk about, relate to, and make [the fans] want to come back every week and see where it’s going next, if you’re not doing that, I don’t give a damn.”

>Numerous times, Eric Bischoff has criticized AEW for a lack of storytelling, even stating back in October that CM Punk has “sh** the bed” since coming to the company to garner more viewers for Tony Khan’s show. Bischoff made a bold statement about what WWE does that AEW doesn’t.

>“You could take WWE’s existing roster, bring it over to AEW and nothing is going to happen,” Bischoff said. “It’s story, and first of all, you have to have a basic understanding of how to tell a story and I don’t see it. I see it in WWE and I don’t see it in AEW.”

wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/03/eric-bischoff-gives-his-take-on-why-aew-viewership-hasnt-increased/

Attached: Eric.jpg (1020x1280, 367.74K)

jesus he is still salty AEW didnt offer him a job?

>please pay me to come back to sit in catering and be blamed for how shit smackdown is

This guy begging for relevancy as the "shit on everything aew does" guy

Do people unironically listen to this faggot?

No storylines does make it really easy for me to tune into AEW when there's a good match since there's not a whole lot of lore I have to understand

AEW had a story line with CM Punk vs MJF. MJF and Wardlow is the next storyline. What the fuck is Bischoff talking about?

>mindless whiteknighting for a different billionaire wrestling owner

He’s right on some points, but I think their fanbase cares more about the allure of potential dream matches with story taking a backseat. I don’t watch AEW but that is the impression I always got.

Eric really trying to get viewers for his podcast, eh

I don't even watch AEW that much but you have to be a special kind of retard to say they don't have any storytelling

A-Sloppers oozing itt

Besides that

>All the AEW faggots seething at Eric instead of pointing out examples of AEW storytelling
Console war faggots are literal NPCs

My favorite storyline was when Eric Bischoff was in charge of smackdown for like a week and people were saying that Fox loves him and that he knows exactly what the executives want to see and then he got shitcanned like a week later and hasn't worked in TV since. He rules.

Give me esoteric references over your top two stars having a main event match over who gets to host a talk show at Wrestlemania.

story telling across either company is a mad libs style, but WWEs is far more simplistic most of the time. That's not to say AEWs approach is Shakespeare or anything significantly more grandiose, but it's not apples to apples. Eric is just shit posting in real life to keep focus on himself. To suggest AEW doesn't build matches or feuds on a level similar to WWE on a basic level is disingenuous at best.

kek the trannies gonna seethe.

The main thing I see with WWE is over saturation of repeating matches between individuals and tag teams until each potential match outcome is satisfied and then a PPV happens. Along with the reduced rosters between both shows you see the same people over and over again, with recaps of the simple feuds being done very often. AEW mixes it up for more often, but at times you'll see some rematches in consecutive weeks. If the MFJ / Punk feud was going on in WWE they would have already had about 5 matches against each other by now.

He pretty acknowledged that

>“That’s going to satisfy the audience you already have.

He's saying that AEWtists are fine with that, but they won't ever see real growth like WCW had with the nWo angle

Explain how he's wrong

The burden of proof is in the pudding.