RATING THE GREATS - KURT ANGLE

PROMOS 9/10 - He isnt mentioned much with the greats but the guy was an amazing promo. For someone so green he was just a natural. Very well spoken guy and he knew how time the crowd. Had goofy exagerated mannerisms as well and played the cheesy, milque toast, american hero gimmick to a tee. He was amazing at playing a plucky, upbeat, white guy foolish type dude that could come off as a pompous jackass. Just really funny shit. Oh its true. His catchphrases were great as well with the three Is. Intensity, Integrity, and Intelligence. He seems like kind of a goofball irl and he was never afraid to gaga or make himself look stupid. I awlays thought backlund as his manager would have been giga dimes. As good as he was, his more serious promos were harder to buy because he was so good at playing a cornball for comedic relief. I never thought his babyface promos were near as good as his heel stuff either. Regardless, its incredible too me what a natural he was....just a duck in water. His recent stuff doesnt look as great. I guess all the booze or drugs, or maybe concussions just melted his brain.

Attached: bec5ffd8a38959af15d32b5a3878c04b_crop_exact.jpg (1085x722, 365.84K)

IN RING 10/10 - I mean this is pretty obvious. Again another category where even extremely green the guy was just a natural. Just being an olympic level athlete your guaranteed to be pretty good at any athletic endeavor including pro wrestling. But angle reached the absolute pinnacle of amatuer wrestling and he did it with A BROKEN FREAKING NECK! There wasnt any possible way he wouldnt become one of the greatest in ring performers ever. Pretty good seller but the guy was a bump machine. I like his side arm punch too and he can throw it like a machine gun. Angle was just fast as fuck. Even faster than benoit. Suplex machine as well obviously and could ragdoll way larger guys like triple h. He was very crisp, everything looked good and had a good snap to it. He was pretty stiff and hurt his fare share of guys. He was always injury prone though. Amatuer wrestling takes it toll and angle had a host of injuries long before pro wrestling. The wwf road schedule and a lifetime on the gear doesnt help either. I think he has scott steiner syndrome, but to an even higher degree.....He was so athletic, fast and strong that it ripped his whole frame apart. He also took crazy bumps and risks, and all these factors led to a painkiller addiction that would kill a normal person many times over. Im betting angle has been in alot of pain for a very long time.

1/10 didn't stop Steve Carrel from shooting the Incredible Hulk dead

LOOK - 8/10 - right around bret harts size at 6 ft. 230 - 240ish. I awlays consider this size to be average for a wrestler even though it isnt now. I always thought he had a weird build. He had smaller arms than the rest of his body which may have had something to do with nerve issues from his neck injury. He always had a good phsyique, but the guy had the neck of a clydesdale, huge legs, a turtle shell gut, and giant lats. Just built like a fucking wrestling machine which he was. I guess roids took his hair line quick and when he shaved his head he had a very turtle like look. His entrance music is pretty iconic now adays with him twirling around and the pyro and the u suck chants. the red white and blue singlet was obviously very fitting. He basically was a total chad and looked exactly like a picture perfect, blue eyed, cookie cutter, all american. He had more of a serious, mma fighter gimmick with the gum shield and the boxers robe in tna but I didnt like it as much. Also I saw him in TNA where he looked anorexic and 150 pounds. I guess because of percs or something I dont know but he loooked really fucking weird.

saw this posted before go outside

GIMMICK 8/10 - brought into the attitude era with very little experience. wwf caught lightning in a bottle with this dude. He may be the most talented wrestler to ever exist. Green as baby shit he was insanely good in ring, had great, natural charisma, a good look, and was an amazing promo and character. Just an absolute natural in every category. His gimmick as mentioned before was the olympic hero. A silly, sort of naive goofy white guy character that was extremely heelish in the attitude era. And angle played that character to a tee. He was such a good comic relief character, that is was harder to take him seriously despite the fact that he was a bad mother fucker irl. I also thought he was a great natural heel. He was a good babyface too...just not as good. Imo its harder to be a great babyface...He essentially destroyed his body and became a serious painkiller addict and became a liabilty for vince. He went to TNA and did some great stuff over there as well. Sort of short but amamzing career.

1. negative one for all the DUIs and painkiller stuff. He should have gotten help much earlier
2. negative one for getting cucked by double J and not beating his ass

OVERALL 33/40

just wrote it. im outside right now

kek

why

why not?

We already did angle why repost

all of his promos were heavily scripted but it worked well for him as he had a great memory and really good comic timing (before he became punch drunk)

I have never done angle. I just wrote it
1. macho man 36/40
2. ric flair 35/40
3. terry funk 35/40
4. steve austin 34/40
5. hulk hogan 34/40
6. the rock 34/40
7. dusty rhodes 34/40
8. stan hansen 34/40
9. bret hart 34/40
10.shawn michaels 33/40
11. kurt angle 33/40
12. brian pillman 33/40
13.chris jericho 33/40
14.jake roberts 33/40
15.Andre the giant 32/40
16.Roddy piper 32/40
17.sting 32/40
18.mick foley 32/40
19.Scott Hall 32/40
20.Sid 32/40
21.Mr. perfect 32/40
22.triple h 31/40
23.Chris Benoit 30/40
24.big van vader 30/40
25.the ultimate warrior 29/40
26.Scott steiner 29/40
27.Raven 29/40
28.DDP 27/40
29.kevin nash 26/40

10/10 looks wise I have given it to Andre because he looked like a real life monster. people argue this category constantly. I have also given it too Sid, warrior, and scott steiner as well and Im daring someone too argue that. I take comments in consideration and I will tweak but if I listened to everyone then everybodys favorite would be a 40/40

10/10 promo. I have only given this too jake roberts, flair, dusty, and pillman

10/10 in ring I have only given too bret, shawn, angle and benoit

Attached: Brian_Pillman.jpg (1200x675, 105.18K)

ya go outside, bad shit happens

nice.

post face

>IN RING 10/10
go back

How would you rate Rey Mysterio? Great and recognizable looks, 10/10 in ring performer with his time in WCW and ECW alone, but his promos would bring his overal rating to shit

i havent done him but his size probably wouldnt help either

NASH 92 KWAB

gottem

>I have also given it too Sid, warrior, and scott steiner as well and Im daring someone too argue that. I take comments in consideration and I will tweak but if I listened to everyone then everybodys favorite would be a 40/40
Sounds like your 10/10 look is just being big then. I like Scott Steiner but I think he looks like shit. I'd put guys like Shawn or Bret over him easily in terms of look

I try to use my best judgement. size isnt everything but it helps. I gave austin a 9/10 for looks I think. he is pretty average sized and has basic black trunks and boots. But he just had a "look". Its all just my opinion. this category is argued constantly

Attached: GettyImages-51092295.jpg (659x960, 551.06K)

I'd like to see you rate Booker T or Papa Shango, and also Bruno Sammartino

I gave foley a 7/10 even though he looked like absolute shit. As mankind he had ana amazing look .I try to be fair with it

Attached: MV5BZTY3MmQ0ZDMtMzM5Ny00YjY2LWJmMTItOWY2N2Q5NjEwZThjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3MTUyNTcx._V1_.jpg (642x722, 69.52K)

Honestly would be nice if you kept your reviews on an accessible website as well as posting them here, always a nice little read.

I try to rate guys from the era when I watched wrestling from late 80s to early 2000s. People have asked me to rate cody rhodes or bryan danielson but I havent seen too much of them. The only modern guy I have done is CM punk

I have thought about a site but I have been pretty busy lately...