So was X pac heat/go away heat a real thing?

Did people really find pac so annoying they'd change the channel till he was gone? Or is it just made up smark bs?
Are there any other examples of wrestlers having go away heat?

Attached: xpac_promo_grn.jpg (478x600, 88.7K)

It was real, people stopped giving a shit about him after the Kane tag team, and by the time X factor rolled around people were beyond not giving a shit, a new form of apathy that only Del Rio has managed to recapture

>Did people really find pac so annoying
Yes
>they'd change the channel till he was gone?
No, well maybe. Look at X-Pac segment's ratings during the Monday night wars.

>Are there any other examples of wrestlers having go away heat?
Early 2000s Triple H

Fans definitely hated him. I distinctly remember fans heaping shit on him during a match at the time of the invasion; he was the babyface and they were just pouring scorn on him.

The Big show had go away heat.

Rollins, Zayn, and Cody Rhodes have go away heat with me. I went to Raw last month and it was the first Rollins segment I'd seen in three years because there's no fast forward IRL.

>crowds were chanting "X-Pac Sucks" during shows he wasn't even on

(You) tell me

I never knew about X-Pac heat until years later but I never had a problem with him either so maybe I just blocked it out since I was a little mark.

When did he get "Go away" heart and when did people stop?

Only when he was an annoying heel and doing nothing after DX. But even then he never really had full go away heat, people just werent that interested. X-Pac was pretty popular in DX in 98 and 99 before he turned heel on Kane. He's actually a bad example of "X-Pac heat" because it barely applies to him outside of one lame spell after DX. X Factor had some heat but of course you'll have heat when youre stood next to Prince Albert (one of the gayest looking wrestlers in history), your theme sounds gay, and you have gay purple lights in your entrance

Pac was over with DX but he was always the small, scrappy runt of the pack who was nothing without the others. His singles and tag runs were disastrous, he was nothing without the stable.

Anyways, Bianca Belair has the same kind of heat with me. I tend to find an excuse to leave and do something else whenever she's on stream, I can't stomach her at all.

You watch WWE in 2022?

>"Go away" heart
You're thinking of Triple H

Attached: 1642284307041.jpg (1140x641, 177.82K)

KWAB

the reign of terror made me stop watching E altogether. I don't regret it. last night was the first time I've watched RAW in forever it and it was fucking dogshit.

fef

>You watch WWE in 2022?
Mostly I shitpost with the baked crew, but yes, part of that involves watching RAW every week.

There is a clever psychological trick that psychopaths use call transference. When -or before- they are accused of wrongdoing, they accuse someone next to them of the same wrongdoing. By accusing someone close to you, it makes the same accusation leveled against you seem like overspill from your accusation and less serious.

Short version: triple H created the term xpac heat so that he could transfer the very real go away heat he had onto the fallguy standing next to him.

Nice try X-Pac. You killed Joanie by the way

Well played

x-pac was in a weird place for awhile where he was still doing all the DX stuff even though the stable had long broken up. theme song, entrance, look, name. even road dogg and billy gunn had moved beyond it, but not x-pac

not what "transference" refers to but okay