The Rock wasn't a bad in ring talent at all. I liked his Samoan Drop, his DDT, and especially his Belly to Belly

The Rock wasn't a bad in ring talent at all. I liked his Samoan Drop, his DDT, and especially his Belly to Belly.

Attached: Overhead Belly to Belly Suplex.gif (280x158, 818.98K)

Rock was always great in ring

That flying forearm kip up and flowing ddt into kip up were great spots in their own right. Could do both as face and heel and got the perfect reaction for both as well. Rock was a great worker

I always thought the Rock was a good worker. Always liked the look of his worked punches and how he pinched them off into slaps so they actually looked impactful.

He's severely underrated because a lot of people in the business look down on him as a part-timer who didn't pay his dues for long enough. His career was ultimately pretty short and I think a lot of lifelong wrestlers are bitter and resentful of his success.

I think people look at the Rock's career in reverse. They see him a success in Hollywood and think that he didn't care about wrestling and only used it to elevate himself when really it was the opposite
There's a reason why he's trying to find space for yet another comeback despite not needing it at all: true wrestlers can just never quit as long as their body lets them continue

i agree but that belly to belly wasnt good, it looks more like the other guy going for a somersault move and the rock dodging it
ddt, samoan drop and strikes were great

Rock’s exploding line out of the corner is fucking great.

How about his Shitshooter?

He was athletic but didn't know how to tell a story like the old time greats

The "Rock sucks in the ring" meme has always been lame. He's one of the most entertaining guys to watch especially for those that don't like actually watching wrestling matches. His move set was fun and he's very smooth like Randy Orton.

Rock was okay in the ring.
Not great but not a shitter either.

Rock was great in-ring worker.
Only seething marks of cold stone steve autism propagated that Rock was bad in the ring.

Rock was great. Only smelly workrate marks who unironically care about womens wrestling and not their looks say otherwise.

This. You wanna talk about bad in ring? Look no further than ol stone cold.
>muh punch
>muh lou thesz
>muh mudhole stomp
>muh walk it dry
>muh stunner
>that finish works for me brother

"Shartshooter" was RIGHT there dude...

Rock had good workrate though?

When Austin gave a shit he can work a great mtach, like vs Bret at WM13. Once he became a bigger star he didn't need to put on matches like that to get over.

Workratefags don't actually know what workrate is.

Sure. Fact of the matter is that Rock, Austin and that generation would all come themselves workrate guys; they were proud of that fact. JR has talked about Austin wanting to move away from slow, boring rest hold based wrestling from Hogan's era, which is part of the reason he hated Hogan coming in

the rock being a '6/10' is a meme because he gets 10s everywhere else, they HAVE to reel him in somehow.

The Rock IN-RING, is more of a 10 doing the people's elbow with the crowd on their feet than any of those flippy jabronis.

Stone Colds best matches are better than Rocks.

You are right,
Why weren't you there for me?

I actually think Bret carried the shit out of Stone Cold in Wrestlemania 13, and I am a huge Stone Cold mark.