I'm watching old WCW matches and holy fuck is this guy unbearable. Why do people like him again...

I'm watching old WCW matches and holy fuck is this guy unbearable. Why do people like him again? He's unironically worse than Michael Cole.

Attached: 0521_schiavone_brollins_oneuseonly.jpg (900x1006, 104.66K)

he works for gAyEW

Nostalgia. He's one of the woat commentators, ruined wcw shows and ruins aew ppvs.

Nostalgia and he seems like a really good guy these days. Bobby Heenan didn’t get along with him during WCW but apparently they reconciled later

Smarks didn't even like him back then

He actually got better when he retired and came back in MLW. In the Nitro era he was just kind of going through the motions and wasn't as good.

He was a bootlicking bitch afraid to speak his mind, never loved the business and always left the buildig as soon as he could.

After listening to WHW i started hating the guy who i liked as a kid

Cole is directly fed lines from Vince and Shiavone was directly fed lines by Bischoff and Russo

>IF THE JACKKNIFE WAS INDEED PART OF THIS MATCH'S DESIGN, THEN... WHAT ARE THEY GONNA DO? IMPROVISE?!

Jesse Ventura could occasionally carry him when they were commentating WWF together. But yeah, he's awful. Don't know how he was able to work Nitro during such a boom period.

>In the Nitro era he was just kind of going through the motions and wasn't as good.
this is such a bogus excuse people use for how bad the commentators in wcw were back then. people say the same for heenan. both those guys sucked for more years than they were ever good!

Tony was always based. It’s called being jaded and doing a half assed job, nothing more American than that.

>Why do people like him again?
Because he joined AEW. Smarks used to absolutely hate Schiavone. Meltzer buried him every week in WON. Weirdly, he doesn't do that anymore.

Tony is pretty open about how much he hated the atmosphere in WCW for the last few years he was there.

Apparently he knew the product was dogshit and he was caught between being fed lines by Bischoff/Russo and trying to come off as invested. Odds he's bullshitting are there but his commentary from back then does sound exactly like someone bored trying to fake enthusiasm.

he was carried by heenan

I’ve been watching wcw lately and I don’t think he’s BAD but he’s definitely the weaker commentator. I would say bischoff was more like michael cole. Larry zbyszko is pretty funny and so is heenan and dusty but only unintentionally. Tenay is just there much like schiavone but sounded more into it

He was based and gave wcw an air of sportlike legitimacy. Always got the mood set and made you look forward to the main event that night and upcoming locations of nitros.

The only people who don’t like him are disgruntled manlet balding heenan simps who act as though tony and Bobby didn’t reconcile later on.

Heenan also gave a GOAT hall of fame speech later on. Your work environment 100% affects your performance and the WCW crew had to call a lot of shit. Similarly, Michael Cole commentated the NXT UK show he did without all the NPCVince-isms

>both those guys sucked for more years than they were ever good!
this applies to so many people in wrestling to be fair. probably to all of wrestling itself to be honest

This is currently his redemption arc, but honestly he was such a piece of shit announcer that he could ruin Bobby The Brain Heenan's jokes.