Barbell Strategy

Does anybody here invest like Taleb recommends? Would it work for building wealth or is it more about not losing everything in the case an unfortunate event?

Attached: 4FB75F7A-2856-45F9-B72C-DE514501366D.jpg (1024x768, 24.34K)

i am 100% in a single cryptocurrency
am i doing it right?

how do i lift this unbalanced barbell?

That's the joke, the only thing you can do is hold it

Why doesn't hyper-aggressive have more plates? It's riskier than the nonsense on the left

T bar row. Place the light end in a corner and grip the heavy end right below the weight and pull towards your chest

Interesting Bump. What does the nothing in here part signify?

my portfolio:
7 figures in avax and link
10 oz silver
10 oz gold
am i doing it right lol

It’s a waste to take moderate risk
He is a fan of storing your bags in the equivalent of stable coins and putting smaller moonshot bags in high risk high reward scenarios

Basically investing Taleb’s way you bleed against inflation until something changes and you get a moon rocket from high risk or betting against the market.

Basically, you invest most of you money in super safe asset, and the rest in super risky. Nothing gets put in medium risk assets (I don't really know what s medium risk assets is desu). But if you think of it in terms of crypto (a hyper risky asset), you'd invest 90% in BTC and ether or whatever he recommends, And 10% in moon shorts or less safe coins.

It’ll save you from going all in and having the market turn against you, doesn’t even take a black swan just your hypothesis not panning out. All the fiat bashing for one should make you want a good stack of it, when women and trannies who came late to crypto say “fiat is dead” and “muh inflation”, you want to be ready for the contrarian scenario, deflation.
If a black swan comes, do you really think all the crypto shills, the sjws and the wannabe-corpos who keep preaching “sell your fiat (and buy my shitty nft/defi/governance/memecoin) will come out as the financial elite because they turned their nose up at the dollar?
Would not be surprised if the next big event, maybe a leverage implosion in various markets, results in staggering losses for normies in crypto who buy nfts and crap pnd’s. Essentially a trickling down of reality

What a terrible „strategy“. I mean I know this guy is a lunatic, no wonder he would advocate something this dumb

Yes

This is what people used to do until they actually looked at the data and realized that having the majority of your portfolio in stocks gives objectively better returns. Holding low risk assets is just a hedge against shit hitting the fan

And everybody invests in index funds nowadays. They are take a lot of unknown risks for medium returns.

i prefer the hammer strategy
all-in crypto.
it's the safest play anyway, not that retards would understand.

in reality what happens is your high risk stuff quickly goes to zero and your cash slowly goes to zero

I don't listen to a word that guy says

coomer arms

Attached: DS3481HF11.jpg (1144x1512, 165.37K)

well i do barbell strategy with crypto.
95% in btc / 5% dog coins

THIS i forgot to add that, everything that is not cash or metal and is called “moderate/low risk” people have no fucking idea what the risk is. Indexes, bitcoin, everything is underpinned with leverage, i personally try to stay 75% cash and pm’s mostly cash. It let’s you sleep at night since you don’t calculate the cost of food and gas with btc or link or d0b0, and lets you focus on making more cash to put into investments since you’re not worrying about “can I pay for this if that happens”.

This is being called an everything bubble for a reason, near everything is inflating. At the same time, everyone thinks their sector won’t dump once the whole bubble pops. Now I see people saying housing will never crash again, this time it’s different. I’d only say such a thing if I was overexposed to real estate/crypto/stocks, as in I bought a house I could barely afford in 2021 and am hoping/coping.
I got into the barbell because I did a derivatives trade once with my own money that blew up spectacularly and wiped me out some years back. Leaked news followed by a halt followed by the occ exercising some of my hedges “accidentally” but froze the proceeds from the exercise to reverse it, which meant I didn’t have the cash or the stock unfrozen to balance things out next morning. It was a complete nightmare that could have been avoided had I made the trade a quarter of it’s size and kept a shit ton of cash on hand.
Sometimes do you have to almost all in especially when you are poor but have some steady income. I came back by buying crypto heavy at the end of 2018, buying call options on spy during the covid crash, etc.

Youre better off getting a landmine attachment vs fucking up your wall and trim scraping and gnashing a barbell against it over and over

Attached: Screenshot_20220403-075907_Gallery.jpg (2514x894, 1.27M)

>you’re missing the 1619 Project
ngmi