I'm not the usual AEW game schizo poster. I just seriously want to know why there's been no update about this game

I'm not the usual AEW game schizo poster. I just seriously want to know why there's been no update about this game.

Attached: omega-and-jericho-aew-game.png (1400x700, 740.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

operationsports.com/cody-rhodes-again-teases-aew-video-game-using-aki-engine/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Uh, because there's
NO
ORGANIC
DEMAND

>Long answer
Because trying to create a new videogame during a pandemic era, by hiring a company that handled the genre more than a decade ago and has since moved onto asian mobile gaming, and supplying a budget of $50 million which seems significant but is literally sometimes a 1/4th of what a modern AAA game will cost is a recipe for something to simply go into development hell or become vaporware
>Short answer:
Kenny Omega has no idea how or what it takes to make a videogame and based his business decisions on things he liked when he was 20 something years old. Tony Khan is a money mark and doesn't care, he just wants to keep Omega happy.

This sums it up. Kenny doesn't know what he's doing. Making video games is hard and requires people with management experience otherwise the employees just lollygag and do whatever. My advice to Kenny would be to ask Warner for help since they have their own game dev studios and leave this mobile game shitter in the dust.

Pretty much but he won't because he thinks saying AKI in 2022 is a great way to bring up nostalgia when all it actually does is make zoomers go "Huh?" and boomers who remember say "Wait what?". Asking WB for help would be a good idea. See if there is a younger dev team that wants to work on something like this and has the same range of inspiration Omega has. A team that hasn't broken out yet, but has created some quality smaller projects. WB might be interested considering they've recently made a Smash Styl Melee game, and have the MK license. They might want to add to their fighter/wrestling genre games.

do you think Omega is developing the game himself?

Obviously not, because he tabbed AKI. Not sure fi you're just going to blindly defend Omega here or you're asking a real question. Omega picking AKI to work on this title is already a stupid decision based on nostalgia. The AKI engine has already shown its age in the 2k games that it helped fuel for over a decade. And again they have moved onto other shit. Also Omega has the same sort of brain trauma that causes people to think Bungie has the exact same devs and team members it did when it created Halo. It's nonsense.

>AKI engine
>WWE 2k

Video games take time to make if you want it to be good, unlike yearly rehashes

Errr... They hired Yuke's. The company that made all the main WWE games between WWF SmackDown! (2000) and WWE 2K19 (2018).

They hired the director of No Mercy to act as a "consultant", that's it. Nothing more to do with Syn Sophia or AKI or whatever that nip company was called.

They’re working on it

Real Answer (I'm a dev): It takes 2-3 years to produce a AAA title in an established studio with a significant budget.
The AEW game is being developed by a new studio, during the pandemic, with a budget of $50 million. Its going to take even longer.
Just last week they provided an update on the game and had the crowd at Dark record a bunch of chants for it. It's not dead.
Be patient.

No but he’s in charge of it and is working with a company on the other side of the world solely for nostalgia reasons

They've done loads of updates about it and are already preparing another one

tony is getting conned by yukes and kenneth

>AKI engine
>WWE games

LOL

The last licensed wrestling game made with AKI engine was WWF No Mercy (2000) for Nintendo 64

Yuke's is a completely different firm

>Founded: 26 February 1993; 29 years ago
>new studio

Attached: Triples-1200x675.jpg (960x540, 48.86K)

And if they are working on the sound effects shouldn’t they be deep in development anyway? I would assume the base gameplay and character models would come first. Which did since darby and jungle boys reveals had just sound effects and no voice acting

Yes faggot. The 2k games at their core on based on a decades old Yuke engine which is basically a photocopied version of the AKI engine.

Games take long time to so, more so if they are working from the scratch. Company usually announce and show a game when is about 50% worked on, so they can start the advertising while having the hard work done.
AEW did bad by annoucing it at best at 10% of the work done, so is not suprising its taking a long ass time to show more stuff.
Also the pandemic makes everything hard to do so the work flow was delayed by a mile.
tl;dr Expect more stuff by E3 at best and a release date by 2023 at best to 2024 at worst.

>Nothing more to do with Syn Sophia or AKI or whatever that nip company was called.
>Cody Rhodes Again Teases AEW Video Game Using AKI Engine
>operationsports.com/cody-rhodes-again-teases-aew-video-game-using-aki-engine/
Uh huh....

The roster is going to be fucking huge if they keep signing people
And now there’s the possibility of the entirety of ring of honor being in tbe game too