Mining Rigs

Im absolutely clueless when it comes to mining, but I recently bought a new GPU, and my old GPU, an RX580 8GB, is sitting in its box doing nothing. Is it worth me putting it to work in a mining rig? Or will I literally have more money in my pocket if I just sell it.

Attached: rfq9gldm33q81.jpg (2250x4000, 630.32K)

Yes

Kryptex and unMinable are two great options for mining as a nub. Both have unofficial discords to help you figure it out.

Kryptex is easier, but unMinable pays in a wider variety of coins.

Attached: 2022-03-30 at 15-10-59 unMineable.png (760x165, 10.11K)

A little bit late as earnings are like 1/4 than a year ago, but yes definitely you should.

I used to make .0001BTC with a single 1660Super, a year ago when I started, now I make .00007 with two of them, recently even less, ≈.00006-.00005

I use NiceHash Quickminer, it's stupidly easy to use, it does everything for you (optimizing so you don't waste energy and deteriorate your card, it overclocks memory speeds and under clocks clock speeds, and also undervolts) and also they automatically pay you in BTC which is the relevant coin you want to hold, removes hassle in fees and wallet transfers

Quickminer mines ETH with GPU, being it the most profitable coin, and pays you in BTC. Also allows you to mine XMR with CPU at the same time.

NiceHash Miner is a bit more advanced but still super easy to use, and you can mine basically every relevant mineable coin and get paid in BTC. That's your go to when ETH dies, but I hope they replace ETH in Quickminer with the next most profitable coin, I really like Quickminers
automatic optimization profiles

Electricity is getting extremely expensive. it almost doesnt even pay out even if you have decent mining setup.

i want to build one this summer and plan to get 6-8 cards. thinking a few 3080s and 3060 tis. What cards are the best bang for buck? I have a fren irl who has 2 6 card rigs and he'll help me. I've only ever built basic computers and may need some pointers. He's been mining eth for years.

Attached: 1549587747761.jpg (428x429, 24.34K)

Is mining monero worth it? Also do u think it’ll hit btc levels in the future

Mine Raven (RVN) coin. The KAPOW algorithm is very similar to Eth, but you can even use cards like a 1050ti and be successful.

Attached: 3424515134666.png (1077x963, 1.83M)

Well as long as it has at least 4GB of memory. Some 1050ti's did not. I realized after I posted this.

Attached: 199299664234245.png (488x671, 610.93K)

Is this profitable and how do u do it? What materials do I need (noob here) to get started

Whattomine.com

It makes a few cents per day and puts your CPU at a 100% load.
It's more like the thing you would mine on all the school computers without anyone knowing, or with lots of old/stolen if u a nigg cellphones, laptops, etc.

Electricity wise I think it's not even profitable, might be if you hodl the earnings till the next bullrun tho. Right now .000002 BTC per day won't cover the electricity expense or seem attractive, but who knows how much it'll be worth 5 years from now

The great thing about nicehash is getting paid in BTC, I don't really know what Monero would be capable of accomplishing price wise. It's not your go to ponzi that breaks ATH after ATH, but it has value because people actually use it for it's privacy

If you are going to GPU mine I don't really see much benefit mining Monero

Look for "Sebs FinTech Channel" on YouTube, everything you need to know about mining you find it there in an easy to understand way, he has lots of videos on ravencoin

too late for mining dude, maybe if you already have 1 card

user I know how to mine/use Linux at a sysadmin level but I do not have the scratch for a mining setup/electric costs.

hiveos if u wanna get in the nitty gritty or just use nanominer/xmrig(i prefer this one) with a tool like msi afterburner to underclock and set a temp limit on ur GPU.

Yeah, 8 GB RX580 cards were the best in terms of payout/cost ratio. Check redpandaminers old videos on how to adjust your ram timings and tune the GPU, will prolong card's life and lower electricity costs.

Don't listen to the retards bitching about electricity cost, ive been minning for nearly 3y and I pay around 0.20$/kwh never been mining at a loss.
Problem is 1 GPU wont get you anywhere and buying more wont might not be worth it at current prices

Also don't use nice hash, hiveOS is way better

Yes if you are going tu build a mining rig that won't do anything besides mining

Of OP has one ore two GPUs the smartest option is to use what he already has, like a personal computer and mine while being able to use the PC for work/browsing le Any Forums/wanking off