DCA is retarded

I get paid once every 2 weeks.

2 weeks ago Bitcoin was like $38k

Now its $47.5k and I get paid today.

So now DCA today will be 25% more expensive, why should I DCA today 25% higher than 2 weeks ago? Why shouldn't I just wait for a drop to do my DCA, why should I blindly just DCA today when BTC is up 25% from my last DCA buy 2 weeks ago?

Attached: 653ztm9yjtg31.jpg (559x423, 14.78K)

You’re doing it wrong.
Sell as it comes up. Buy as it goes DOWN.

I acoomulating. DCAing in and DCAing out seems like an absolute nightmare for tax implications.

There is a bot on Kucoin that allows you to do this even with leverage I believe.

DCA every day?

Just accoomulate and stake it somewhere. If you really feel like BTC is too high, get a shitcoin that isn't exactly 1:1 with BTC, but that you still trust. My next money will go into Algorand for example. Or, if there really isn't a good option, get a stable to stake or invest into something else.

safely?
just getting into the magic of KuCoin

Because you dont know when its gonna be "low" again and will definitly miss it, DCA works because time in the market > timing the market

Pretty sure, yeah futures grid then you create a long grid I've used it before on $1000 and I made like $50 in a couple days based soley off the arbitrage not taking into account pure profit off of btc going potentially up.

I'll take the bait. user, in this case you want to dynamically adjust your DCA amount according to the market. Eventually, if the cost of your asset is "too high" to buy, you'd begin to dynamically DCA out of the market--otherwise known as "selling".

Yeah in theory this is smart but if you start taking it out too soon or too fast you will miss out on potential gains. This is why in Bob Loukas outline he said he'd always keep one btc, which he probably already sold but still.

I'm personally not doing any of that shit and have a set price I'm going to sell all my assets. If it doesn't happen I'm going to LDAR in Portland.

I set money aside and buy when I think it’s cheap.
I try to keep a few $k in cash around

Well yeah, me too, but it's still fun to mess with occasionally and theorize. I just have a stack in some alt and day trade my mining gains.

OP days like today just skip buying. Consider it taking profit.

That's exactly how I DCA. I do a swinger's entry ie. on a drop and then just hodl.

how bout finding an undervalued asset first

because you're to retarded to time the market. most people are, but only few are aware of it.

You DCA pink wojacks. Only when you see them spammed on biz and the entire catalogue is filled with them.

Go look up "time in the market beats timing the market"
its mathematically proven DCA is for retards

Have 4 times you buy
>2 set times each on the 15 of each month and the 30/31 of each month (or whenever you get paid if it's biweekly/semimonthly)
>Stick to this schedule no matter the current price of the token
>Then, set aside two pools of cash that you can use to make a purchase at any time between your two set buy dates on the 15 and 31
>If you think it's low, use your petty cash fund to purchase, but leave the semimonthly fund untouched

Now you have a consistent buy time, but also have money set aside to buy in between should the time arise. Just play within your limit.

the fact it took someone so long to say this is very concerning. biz is fucking retarded.

because the "high" today will be well below a dip 18 months from now

just acoomulate and stop worrying