ARE YOU TELLING ME YOU DONT HAVE A 401K THAT YOUR COMPANY MATCHES UP TO 3% FOR YOUR RETIREMENT IN 50 YEARS AND A HOUSE...

ARE YOU TELLING ME YOU DONT HAVE A 401K THAT YOUR COMPANY MATCHES UP TO 3% FOR YOUR RETIREMENT IN 50 YEARS AND A HOUSE THAT COSTS $800K SO YOU CAN BUILD EQUITY???? YOU'RE PISSING ME OFF CHUD

Attached: 1647323206459.gif (373x384, 2.39M)

I don’t even know what a 401k is

It's a popular British war game franchise. The setting is pretty fun and enjoyable if you avoid the tabletop game but the company is gay as fuck so probably has a slow death ahead of it.

i have one, and i have already earned more than my expected outcome after three years in crypto

I'll need to ask this question because I never understood 401k. I understand them fundamentally but from not for a "philosophical" standpoint? I'm not sure how to say that in text. Anyways, I never contributed to my 401k because I could actually direct were the money went. I saw the portfolio grow., but never knew what made it necessary grow. So, i stopped contributing to it and decided to learn how to invest. This is what led to getting into crypto in 2017 before the bull run. My value increased dramatically, but after the dip, I decide to really learn fundamentals and other shit. I learned so much from this. Then I got into commodities and energy companies. I was able to bring in a total of 5.9 million within 4 years. If I didn't stop contributing, I would have never learned. So, for me I find it very difficult to justify contributing to a 401k. Have I've become blind? Can user break it down for me? I'm just confused.

>. I was able to bring in a total of 5.9 million within 4 years.

But you don't know how it works...,

Yee

I think he has a whole life time to figure it out stress free

gem

I went to close my pension and pension contributions citing the cost of living currently (I wanted more to invest in crypto) and was given a 12% payrise to convince me not to lol

I doubt he actually made money, really sounds like a larp from a 14 y.o. or a grown man who googled 401k and included buzzwords

It's a bit OTT, prefer 301K myself.

My company does a matching 401k but I opted out because I don't really understand it and I dislike the custodial nature and vague promise that some guys you will never meet are managing your investments well. I've just spent that money stacking silver and XMR. I would rather be in charge of my own destiny investing in stuff I actually believe in, and if I end up broke then the fault lies with me.

Same I opted out and the niggers at T. Row price send me so much spam mail

Yeah. I don't understand why I would let someone else invest into shit for me when I could do it for myself. Unless, you can pick stocks and shit in you 401k. I just don't really know. That probably sounds retarded, but I am someone who liked to do everything my own so that I can really understand. When I stop contributing and used that money to invest, I found put that I'm really addicted to this shit. I kept searching for whys and hows. After 2017, I had to ask myself " What is the future for Crypto?" That whole thing led me down the path of Ecosystems. I went heavily into ATOM, ONE (when it was going for 0.004), and in 2020 into Solana and Kadena. But at the same time, I kept asking myself, why did BTC go to 20k? That's when I went down the rabbit hole. Reviewed monetary policy, fiscal policy, petrodollar, interest rates, gold/silver/oil/natural gas, money supply, fractional Reserve banking, and housing boom & crash. I feel as if I learned so much, but wanted to continue to learn more and more. I took risk with my money it has paid off. I guess what I'm trying to say is why would I contribute to a 401k and a person has the possibility to do better. I get it that I could be perfect timing and shit like that, but I've also felt as if I learned a very useful skill. I don't know. I hoping some user could deceiver my autistic thinking.

it's additional money from your company and at the end of the day, they are just adding it to an msci world index fund.

I did the same when I worked, hr kept reminding me to sign up for the 401k and I just told them I’m going to do my own thing and bought crypto. The way I understood it 401k is for brainlets and boomers.

You answered your own question as to why.

You are better than a vanguard target fund, and the reason people do it is because they don't want to understand why but they want to invest.
However nowadays with robo advisors there's becoming even less of a reason. Set up my girlfriend with a fidelity go investment account instead of a 401k and it's definitely performed significantly better than some boring target fund would. It occured to me just like it did with you as I see more of my own money going to my 401k which I feel like I'm only continuing to contribute to because I've already done it this long and I say it's okay I can just roll it into a Roth whenever I want what's the rush I'll go to HR and stop the contributions next time and yeah we know how that goes been saying that for months now.
But since my gf has never had one I figured it would be a good experiment to see what her savings would look like using a robo investor vs traditional and yeah it's left me questioning the whole point of a 401k in today's society besides for people who want a literally 100% hands off investment experience.

ITT people who think that money is locked up until retirement. If that's not a brainlet filter I don't know what is

You could have invested in crypto with your company's match. You had an opportunity for free money and lowering your taxes but you turned it down because you're retarded reddit-tier npcs. you all deserve to be poor

JEEZ! Try Avoteo, only you votes are needed.
>Presale 2 going on
>limited edition NFTs for grabs
>DEX listing soon
>40% bonus for buying $100+

How much does it cost in taxes to get paid in crypto lmao

>t. doesn't understand what I said