Thorchain offers a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, prove me wrong

Atomic swaps and p2p (Bisq, Haveno, etc.) already do what Thorchain claims to do without introducing Yet Another Token.

Attached: THORCHAIN-1200x900.jpg (1200x900, 34.77K)

>bisq
Do you still have to put up some BTC?
>Haveno
is this live?
>Atomic swaps
Still clunky, Thorchain's solution is better (or it would be if the devs could make a secure protocol and network that didn't have outages)

I don't even like RUNE or have any faith in the team, but in general if I use Eth as I normally do, what options do I have if I want say actual BTC and not WBTC? Unwrapping it?
I honestly don't know, I just know that I can use Thorchain to do cross chain swaps. So if I had a need to do it, as of today based on my limited knowledge I'd probably just use Thorchain. I wouldn't be surprised if there are better options, I just happen to know Thorchain works if I don't want to use a CEX.

ThorChain doesn’t fucking work except for a few trading pairs.

You know you can swap any coin for any coin on Rubic right?

You need solutions that can handle a ton of transactions and a ton of volume. Atomic swaps, bisq, and p2p trades don't offer rates or liquidity comparable to centralized exchanges. Hence why thorchain is needed.

And you have to have a shitcoin as a middleman for every liquidity pool to make it unprofitable to be a bad actor. Given runes only purpose is thorchain, the second it's stolen or hacked, it's value goes to zero. That wouldn't be the case if Bitcoin backed all trading pairs.

In short, if RUNE's only purpose is to secure thorchain, then it's useless for an attacker to steal, since doing so would make RUNE worthless.

does anyone know why this has mooned so hard recently? is it because of the high yields on thorswap?

Attached: 1524708278993.png (396x396, 303.74K)

I mean there's tons of bridges between EVM chains and such, and I've done that tons of times. What interests me is moving between non-EVM chains or stuff like BTC in an at least somewhat trustless manner.
TC very well might not work. It would not surprise me at all given the history. But the idea of being able to move between non-complatible chains does interest me. I would like to have that option in general. Like I could definitely see myself wanting to go from ETH to BTC or XMR(TC didn't have XMR when I was into it, but it's a good example of what I would want).

Vague guess from me would be that it might be related to Do Kwon's big BTC acquisitions.
Does he use TC? No idea. But at least the idea that he might, or someone like him might in the future could be the reason.
LUNA and RUNE are in the 'Cosmos Ecosystem' after all.

BTC (not fucking wBTC) is not on Rubic and neither is DOGE (this has a high trading volume).

Yes, these completely incompatible chains are the interesting part imo.
Bridges are a dime a dozen now.

It is coming though lol, BTC bridge Q2 as well as other blockchain integrations like Terra and Cosmos. After that, what’s left?

>native BTC on Rubic
If that's so, hats off to all the rubic pubic believers, ygmi

Ive been LPing for almost a year now. Been through two hacks.
I tried to swap on thorswap. Works ok i guess, but swapping eth pairs cost ridiculous amounts of gas.

Attached: Screenshot_20220329-061646.jpg (1440x3040, 733.69K)

qp Qrdo will be your one stop shop soon enough, all protected behind dmpc tech. Going to invalidate slot of other projects.

check out this brainlet

it's all about liquidity

>token not needed
yes but that is how the team makes money, they dump tokens on investors/retail. That's the case for 99% of tokens lmao

So, why didn't you buy when it was under 4? Are you dumb? You know it's going to 40, right?

>biz never talks about RUNE
>start seeing threads when it does a 3x

Never change biz. Keep up those dogcoin and scam threads.

That's what I thought.

>>liquidity
can be improved. a couple of years ago atomic swaps were inconceivable.

Can someone tell me why THOR will not be overtaken by SIS

Solana is non evm and available in rubic