Tony Khan Initially Wanted to Use OC as Just a Manager

>In the production meeting, the first year, and JR, not under his breath said something about how stupid the whole thing was. I said, in front of everyone because Jim called me out in front of the whole room, 'Jim, this is getting over and doing ratings every single time. We've barely scratched the surface of what the guy can do and he's actually a really good wrestler. Give him a chance and talk to him because he's a very intelligent wrestling person once you get to know him. We've barely scratched the surface, trust me.' A lot of people might not like it, but frankly, he's become one of our big stars. That's the best example of someone exceeding what I thought they could do coming in. I thought he would be a manager, mostly, coming in.

>I get that some people don't like it, but it's net positive. It's like making a profit. Sometimes you spend money, but you have to bring in more than you spend. He is a big-net positive. There might be people that don't like him, but more people turn the TV on and click on his videos because of him. With every wrestler, there are pros and cons, but it's about what they do on the net for the company. This guy is a huge net asset and brings in a lot of people. Once I realized how gifted he actually is, I had no idea Orange Cassidy was actually Fire Ant when I first met him. Once I realized that was the same guy and he actually is a great pro wrestler, I came up with the idea, 'let's hide that for six to eight months and not show anyone all the stuff you can do until the first Revolution and that's where you make your big debut in your first real match and where you show people you can really wrestle. Don't do anything until then.' It worked really well and we have a lot of big stars, but that's one person that always moves the needle for us.

Attached: 1584577240903.png (1122x633, 1.23M)

>I didn't get it, what really clicked to me the first time was when he talked to me about the kicks. I asked him, 'what is the deal with that? It's the weakest offense.' He said, 'It's not an offense' and he explained what it is and I realized, 'it's like a taunt?' 'Yeah, exactly.' That explained the psychology of everything. Then he told me that there is only one person dumb enough to ever sell the kicks. I kept telling them not to. You're not supposed to. It's not offense. When you realize nobody ever sold it in the history of AEW because it's not meant to be sold, it opens up the mind.

JR would have hager as champion if he had his way

>It's like making a profit
how would he know?

Cassidy is based but the guy needs to slow down occasionally. His gimmick as a slacker isn't very effective if he wrestles a lot.

This is the one thing Cornette droids don't understand. They think people actually sell those kicks.

>There might be people that don't like him, but more people turn the TV on and click on his videos because of him
Just because your one million sycophants like him, it doesn't mean he is helping your show. Stupid shit like OC is exactly why the program is garbage

marks, ring, etc

He should be out on the street

Him screaming at Statlander to get up that first time always gets me.

He's a ratings draw

>Then he told me that there is only one person dumb enough to ever sell the kicks.
who?

kek
Tony the "analytics" guy doesn't know how to use his own data. Suppose the following are facts:
>1. OC segments increase viewership by an average of 50,000.
>2. There are 1 million fans who would watch AEW except for OC being on the show
Tony's "analytics" tell him to keep pushing OC, and completely ignore fact #2, so he loses out on a million fans.

>>I get that some people don't like it, but it's net positive. It's like making a profit. Sometimes you spend money, but you have to bring in more than you spend. He is a big-net positive. There might be people that don't like him, but more people turn the TV on and click on his videos because of him. With every wrestler, there are pros and cons, but it's about what they do on the net for the company. This guy is a huge net asset and brings in a lot of people.
Big LOL

Joey Janela

Came here to say this kek

50k is nothing anyway. In the nielsen system its like 1 or 2 nielsen box owners changing the channel lol. Thats why people are retarded for arguing over minor fluctuations in quarter hours on here. 50k may as well be random. Adding "50k" viewers isnt being a ratings draw. It's nothing

This, I fucking hate the ratings retardation

Standing there, waiting for him to complete them, is just as bad. They're not new anymore, everyone knows his gimmick, at the first sign of him walking up to you he should be immediately given a headbutt.

>Standing there, waiting for him to complete them, is just as bad.
What would a Dynamite Kid or Chris Benoit do to OC? Beat the fuck out of him so bad he'd quit wrestling. I miss enforcers and bullies so much.

That logic could be applied to a lot of things in wrestling though.
>Don't swing at Cena after he hits you with the shoulder tackles
>Don't walk up to Flair when he's on his knees groveling

fuck JR

You can tell Tony doesn't even believe his own bullshit, because if he did he'd make OC champ.

You're assuming that there's a million who are turned off by him but that's not the case. It's just the vocal minority faggots like you who are just a subset of a subset of a subset of fans. Fans>internet fans>smarks>anti-smarks.

Yawn. Sitting/lying on the ground, passively letting a heel pretend to hyperextend a body part for heat, is just as bad (or worse since they're supposedly being injured instead of just taunted). And all the worthless old idiots who hate Orange Cassidy generally favor that type of wrestling.