Why is being lazy so stigmatized?

yes im lazy of course i am work sucks ass you would have to be mentally ill to want to work so why is it so transgressive to admit this obvious fact?

Attached: 1568502457401.jpg (705x1000, 566.97K)

Because it's not about working for someone else it's about working for yourself in the long run and ideally contributing to society in a meaningful, impactful way. Sure the normal 9-5 will not achieve this. Neither will being lazy. If you wouldn't find it rewarding or fulfilling by any means to find a way to benefit society in some way or shape because it sounds like work to you than by all means continue on your current path

>Because it's not about working for someone else it's about working for yourself in the long run and ideally contributing to society in a meaningful, impactful way. Sure the normal 9-5 will not achieve this. Neither will being lazy. If you wouldn't find it rewarding or fulfilling by any means to find a way to benefit society in some way or shape because it sounds like work to you than by all means continue on your current path
many lazy people, including myself, would love to do that, but unfortunately it's difficult. most things most people enjoy doing that would benefit others are very unprofitable and can't sustain a living wage

People put in a lot of effort and work just to keep you alive.

Attached: 1624632053793.jpg (175x165, 9.59K)

sex with cartoon

Attached: 1624223145.jpg (607x341, 32.89K)

no they dont namefag kun and i dont care even if they do
im a neet now but i dont get neetbux and ive worked almost everyone is lazy they just pretend they arent and float around at work for the sake of being at work

I'm not really sure why but it's real. You either get seen as a loser or like some weirdo.
I think normals actually do enjoy being busy with stuff all the time so having free time sounds absurd to them. That's my theory at least!

Attached: lolibaba.jpg (962x1114, 455.62K)

Read Ride the Tiger, by Julius Evola.
We live in a society which values speed and frenetic behaviour, above everything. Being calm is not a option, you need to be neurotic and hysterical every time.

You are retarded.

In the past people owned farms, had trades, were merchants on ships. I would say even the great lords were expected to be genuine leaders and generals. In the modern era work is for someone else's sake namely the seething boomers and boomer wannabes who need their 401ks to pump. This is why they get so upset when you do something like trade crypto or learn some menial skills to get a remote job to avoid -this shit-.

It is becuase the average normalfag isn't going to do anything intelligent or productive if they have freetime. Why would they read a book, learn a language, learn to install air conditioners, learn to code etc. just to elevate themselves? If they have too much free time, they don't know what to do. Every boomer who is retired or planning to retire always has some 'free' job like driving around other boomers to the hospital or working at the holocaust museum for free set up. They cannot imagine an existence where they do not slave and get pissed when you tell them they have literally destroyed society so I'm going to take the path of least wear and tear on my body and mind which means doing jobs I want to do or see as immediately useful to me.

Lame excuse anime poster
You can become a security guard or door 2 door salesmen

Both jobs that are not kiked, very Little impact by Managers or Boss. results oriented or lack thereof and not that faggy inbetween where the whole office is “one big family”

Because even if you don’t need to work, you should work to create beauty in the world.
Extreme selfishness is the route of why being lazy is a bad thing, of course if you have no morals and don’t care that you’re a selfish leech then why do you care if people don’t like it when you do that?

>If they have too much free time, they don't know what to do.
i know this is true but it isnt like they actively want to work either
normalfags are lazy they might like being told what to do but most of them dont work hard
admitting this fact is just forbidden though

cucks

wtf are you even talking about dumbass
>sit there being a security guard all day its so great!
uhh no ill just do what i want i made money so i could retire not be a door to door salesman pushing handheld vacuums on boomers

I've hated myself for a long time because I am lazy. I just don't like to work. I never had any interest in being a striver, climbing the corporate ladder, starting a business, or putting in any effort beyond what's necessary to live a comfortable life. That's just how I feel and I don't see the rewards of being a striver to be worth the pain of effort and loss of leisure time. But I also feel like being a lazy sack of shit makes me a bad contemptable person, and that not living up to your full potential and doing the best or trying your hardest at everything is a characteristic that should be looked down on. And since that's my nature I look down on myself. This contradiction between what I think I should do and what I truly prefer to do creates a lot of misery.

I've quit working entirely now that I have mad crypto gains. I should be happy that I'm free to pursue whatever enjoyment I want in life but the shame I feel from being a lazy bum makes me unable to get any pleasure from it.

Work is pretty great if it's for yourself or something like building a ramp for your elderly mom

these posts are insane. Are you hearing yourselves? It's like you presuppose the value of work and then berate OP without answering the central question.
is right. Modern work is basically a scam. There is nothing inherently noble in being a slave.

wagmi bro. I'm the same as you but I think it helps to set goals and fantasize about how cool it would be once i learn X thing. It can be hard to do stuff on your own tho so consider joining an archery club or whatever.

>I don't see the rewards of being a striver to be worth the pain of effort and loss of leisure time
this is exactly how i feel
i dont care about whatever meaningless status people ascribe to jobs and i value time more than money, once i have enough to live
i dont feel any shame because of it
working was me "living up to my full potential" it was boring, shit, and largely a waste of time and certainly it didnt develop me beyond teaching me very specific skills that are now essentially useless
i did however totally stop reading and properly exercising and even cooking when i worked

>wasnt me "living up to my full potential"
whoopsies
yeah but moreover work was just crap i dont enjoy it why is that so bad to admit why does everyone pretend to be so industrious? why are people shamed for not working even if they arent on gibes?

>contributing to society in a meaningful, impactful way

why? The minute you're born you're told the world owes you nothing and nobody is coming to help you

>47577995
teach me please. what to invest

true and good point

Attached: 1613333670475.png (982x1024, 1.6M)

Stigma exists to discourage behavior that makes you less useful to other people. Properly calibrated, it's healthy social regulation.

Being lazy makes you less useful, so it's discouraged. The opposite extreme *also* makes you less useful in the long run, because it's associated with burnout and poor teamwork and neglect in non-career areas of life - so that's discouraged too.

Stigma isn't *usually* bad, especially when it's in line with more traditional values that are battle-tested across centuries of human activity. Deal with it.

Attached: 1645076193808.gif (320x389, 1.91M)

why should i be useful to you or anyone else?

Because it means you take more than you give back to the community. It's pretty much impossible to be lazy as an adult without also being a leech.

Based
You're a dumbass, reread what he wrote.