How do low income people afford to live in metropolitan areas when even shitty studios now go for $1500-2000+?

How do low income people afford to live in metropolitan areas when even shitty studios now go for $1500-2000+?

Attached: 1646698060993.png (641x355, 211.33K)

If there's rent control they may have started renting before rents increased. Either that or roommates, or parent's money.

Stop being poor faggit

debts
government gibs
more than 2 people are paying the bills

I lived in nyc and you can find apartments with roommates for 800-1500/mo. Everyone just works all the time that’s literally it. You either have a good job or roommates but either way you’re always working.

I’m going for a bigger city that’s still laidback

SRO Hotel room, $500/mo in SF, shower and poddy down the hall (free electricity)

Multiple people to a room, if it's a house, multiple people share a single house or apartment, use public transport rather than own a car or walk to work, etc.

Jeets and jungle Asians will often pack 8 or 9 people into a two bedroom apartment by stacking 3 people into a room and putting a bed or two in the hallway and living room.

Kek I wish there was more shit like this when I was younger I did not give a fuck at all

Also people in the city dont consoom we don’t have gaming pcs, a bunch of consoles, or sit in front of tvs that’s only for poor minorities. There’s free fireworks every friday, trains going everywhere, boardwalks and beaches, rides, you have a group of friends.

You have more free time in a small town but there’s literally nothing to do.

>You have more free time in a small town but there’s literally nothing you can afford.

FTFY

That’s how I lived for the first few years after college. Had tons of money to invest and get a head start, but practically every day was suffering

holy fuck this is peak cope posting

I know your feels mate, I'm still in the thick of it. Share a house with another dude who's a bit of a degen but it is what it is, y'know... it's at least a four bedroom house so there's a decent bit of space and I'm saving about $3k/month so maybe a few more years of this lifestyle and there'll hopefully be enough in the ol' asset base to draw some decent supplemental income from or enough to put down a good 40% or so on a house.

Suffering builds character. We're all vindicated and rewarded later on if we choose the hard road now. Dropping all your income on rent and worthless luxuries might bring a temporary sort of happiness but ten years down the track you're left right where you started.

Checked, with tents.

Attached: GettyImages_1215182349.jpg (1200x800, 254.65K)

>work from home aka be smart
>have higher purchasing power than city rats

Most poor workers live like an hour out of town, if not more, either with family or with room mates. They use public transport to get to work, so usually have to be out of the door 2 hours before their shifts.

It's honestly a pretty grim life. Most of them only intended to work those jobs temporarily and just get trapped there because their careers never took off, only to then get squeezed by cost of living increases. With no savings and no time they just tread water for their entire lives, usually until health problems make them basically unemployable.

I was born in a small town and had to move to a big city to get out. If you don’t like video games or have autism it’s fucking hell.

>nothing to do
>I’m an npc without personality and I my my entertainment comes solely from others

This. I lived in this pain for the half of my 20’s. It’s absolute shit but it’s worth it down the road

So instead of having fun I should just.. sit inside alone and not be an npc?

I got a new job that pays 240k
just learn to code

Know yourself. Think more in free time. Develop hobbies, if you’re extroverted then find things to do with others. You should be able to cope living on your own, otherwise you’ll be in deep shit when shtf

I literally got headaches from loneliness in my small town daily. I will kill myself before I go back and if anyone tries to take me back I’ll take them with me

Fuck that prison

Attached: FDF46843-5D36-4863-88EA-5BE6DD416F0D.jpg (800x450, 39.57K)