There are people out here who got burned by college / university that fucked them with meme degrees

>There are people out here who got burned by college / university that fucked them with meme degrees.

Okay bruhs, tell me who got you and how bad.
I'll start.

>accounting
Shit pay and bad hours, literally a junk degree on par with history

Attached: Pepe.png (400x400, 161.91K)

>philosophy
>went into software qa after graduating instead
meh

howd you even do that

Probably from a country that lacks IT people.

>mechanical engineering
>100k starting salary excluding bonus + car
>work 5 hours per week at home
>get flown around to exotic locations and treated like royalty
>asked for insights to philosophical and geopolitical topics regularly by people due to extensive knowledge
>inbox full of men who want to be you and women who want to be with you due to your gravitas

that's a pretty big bait.

>'Visual Communication'
My parents bribed me to go to uni. I just wanted to work. Got the degree. It's useless. 90% of people don't work in the field. I would be anyway without it.

cope.
mech chads can back me up.

This is cruel

how does an accounting job manage to have bad hours? It's literally numbers that aren't going anywhere and if you're smart you can probably automate 90% of your work.

>environmental science
>naturally gravitate towards the highest paying gig out here despite wanting to fuck off and hang out in nature
>$100k starting, but have to do a bunch of higher level Zoom meeting bullshit
>everyone except me is functionally retarded
>immediately grow tired of it in less than a year
>repeatedly respected for "doing good work," directors and a bunch of people who make way more than me know who I am
>threaten to leave unless they give me a higher salary and place me into a position where I'm fucking off and looking at nature again
>they're panicking
>they're actually considering my insane demands
everything seems to be working out okay I guess. Thought I'd be condemned to cage wagieing.

Attached: download.gif (500x288, 816.88K)

>>environmental science
yoo is this a difficult degree deadass never even considered science before

bullshit OP. Just work 5 years to get your CPA (including the 2k yearly membership fee). Also boost your hours to 70 a week, you lazy fuck. You'll be earning good money!

Depends on your school, your hardest classes at worst would probably be gen eds, org chem, calculus, etc. if your uni requires it for the degree.

The actual degree type classes are kinda DIY. At least at my school it was like, "if you want to try, then you can go as far as you're willing and the profs are here for your benefit." But if you want to smoke weed and coast through to a degree that's available as well.

Overall, not the best degree to have if you're not a go getter. Most people that get this degree end up slaving away for some consulting firm at a shit wage. The people that are successful with wish they got a specialty degree, something in IT (still environmental focused in utilization), or engineering/geology. I'll give it a 6/10.

>paying for education
what kinda backwards shithole country is this?

Attached: hide tha pain.jpg (1200x600, 327.21K)

>high school had a trade program
>almost take electronics but take criminal justice last second instead
>go to college for criminal justice after
>realize its retarded quit waste money and time
>I could have gone to trade school for electronics for free and gone to a second trade school for a 2nd degree in the time I wasted
>the electronics classes were all laid back with bros listening to music hanging out all day
>I just got tons of paperwork and homework the entire time with a class full of hyper normies
>could have started off making $25/hr whenever I wanted at least
>have been neet ever since

Attached: 70ACEC52-CF0E-41A3-9A72-86A1766EC0AB.jpg (720x707, 108.52K)

Science in general is tough in terms of career. The degree is as hard as you are willing to work. If you don't work for it you'll fail but it's absolutely doable by anyone who is willing to put in the work.

Electrical Engineering
College makes me want to kill myself everyday
Will be worth it in 14 months when I graduate.

Every stem major thinks people in environmental science are retards. It is probably the easiest major there is.

I graduated with chemistry and biochemistry, worked in a lab for $25/hr and switched to an IT job. I don’t like either but I’m able to save more money in IT

The worst part about sciences, is that you only get to become a lab cuck with a bachelors. You need your PhD to do anything and that's what pushed me from physics to engineering.

>Nurse
>2-4 yr degree took me 5-6yrs instead, fml
>I make like $75-80k/yr now

College is good if you want to study a profession, but is it very easy to fuck up if you don't know what you are doing. You don't need some fancy university. Community/local college is fine desu

Yeah engineering seemed to be the way to go. I think academics is bullshit and I have no interest in getting my PHD so I can be pigeonholed into one small subset of a subject the rest of my life. I’m still waiting for Ivy League professors to publish research that actually affects the market.