How to cope?

I often think about this guys, but back in 2010 in university I gave a presentation on bitcoin. It was about a virtual currency that had increased in 900% (or some large number) in a short period of time. It was like 17 cents or some shit at the time.

I knew what bitcoin was and the dark web, which was largely where it was used at the time on the OG silk road, but being in college and valuing 20 dollars as a weekend's 4 loko binge and also fearing I would be hacked by obtaining bitcoin, I avoided purchasing any.

I tell myself that I would have just sold it when I doubled or tripled my money as I didn't understand its potential at that time, but who knows - maybe I would have forgotten about my wallet and private key and could access it today.

How would you guys cope since I am a wagie (but in a OK position financially, just nowhere near where I would have been had I bought $20 of bitcoin)

Attached: yeahok.gif (200x200, 2.9M)

So what price did you end up buying bitcoin at

you would have sold it. I remember it reaching a hundred and thinking it was insanely overvalued. Hindsight is 20/20. How about the people who missed out on Google, Amazon, Netflix, Etc? Just

you can't think like this OP. even at that time, bitcoin seemed like some really obscure dark web shit. think about everything you didn't invest in that you never heard of again.

funny that you mention this because I did a presentation at work about Tesla for some random assignment, because I really thought Tesla was 'the next big thing'. This was in 2015 and I looked up the share price just now and it was like $30. But ultimately if I really thought it was going to be big, I would have invested in it and you would have done the same with bitcoin.

You also would probably have taken profits and sold after like a 10x, easy to say now that you would have held.

anything bought before 2012 would have been lost
your wallet would have been wiped and irrecoverable, along with the whole exchange

you can fantasize about what-ifs if you want but it's retarded to dwell on it. that same what-if applies to literally everybody who was on the internet back then. if you're going to reset the boundary to include yourself, you'd have to assume everyone else in your position hits that threshold too and would have bought in. you'd have a completely different timeline.
moreover early adoption would have had more incentive to be hacked as value would have risen a lot earlier. even if it's not above a dollar, just the news of people losing thousands of dollars in a BTC hack in 2011 or 2012 would have soured the public taste for crypto and there'd be a lot more resistance to re-adopting it in the post 2015-era.

it's completely pointless
there's nothing to even "cope" about

based. have a (Uoy)

Attached: 1637574245325.gif (252x253, 825.43K)

You'd lose it with Mt.Gox like 99% of old-school Bitcoin hodlers

You can't like that this, user. You can only learn and move forward and do better next time. It's okay. Very likely that everyone here "heard about" bitcoin reeeeaaally early on and "almost" bought a bunch. I know I fall into that category. But I didn't buy any because I was young and found it difficult to do.

But what if I did? Would I have held through 2017/2018? Probably not. Hell, the only reason I considered getting any bitcoin was because I learned about silkroad through Any Forums and encyclopedia dramatica, and because I was an edgy teen I wanted to share this info with my friends.

We only have the certainty of the present and the path we took to arrive here. You cannot know what your life would be like if you bought btc in 2011, you could be dead for all we know. The only thing now is to give your future the best possible outcome by using the knowledge you have gained and applying it (along with a little luck). And I don't mean this in a "pull up your boostraps" sort of way -- some things are hard to overcome. I'm just talking about the things we can directly influence.

fucking big brain.

i bought 5 mdma pills with about 6 bitcoin. what an expensive trip

Lol yeah. I look back and see some Bitcoin I bought at $400 even and regret that I used it for anabolics or whatever it was at the time.

FPBP

FUCKING LMAO
OP STILL HAS NO BTC

Everyone has a story like this.

I still have my college paper that I wrote about Bitcoin back in 2013 where I said it was the future of money. Did I buy any? No, I was a broke ass college student. First time I bought any crypto was ETH at $300 and I thought that was insanely overpriced.

lmao imagine thinking everyone held it on an exchange

haha. i heard about bitcoin in 2012 and immediately bought in. then i started a business accepting bitcoin.

then i heard about the ETH ico and immediately put 1 BTC in to it.

sucks to be you

Your story is a dime a dozen. Everybody could have bought Bitcoin when they first heard of it. It's about having convication and hodl though these FUD and emotional rollercoaster. HODLING bitcoin is NOT easy. The only strategy that works long term is NEVER SELLING. Only sell when you want to exchange it for something.

I kick myself over it more for why I didn't than that I didn't, if that makes sense. I have really low self-esteem, even though I was tested to be gifted as a kid. My aptitudes are more in reading/writing/logics than pure maths. After I got tested as a kid, my parents would repeat it to me all the time, this imbalance, as some kind of caution. Eventually I internalized that I am stupid with maths and anything technical. I remember looking at Bitcoin in 2011, thinking it was an interesting idea, and opting out specifically because I assumed, without every trying, that I wouldn't be able to figure it out. Ten years later, I've missed out on countless things for similar reasons. I really gotta' fix this shit, I'm getting old.

Attached: readytowrite.jpg (588x588, 27.54K)

I remember watching a documentary on BTC in 2012 and then remember googling the price and was like ‘Fuck that I’m not paying $200 for some fake money’. Boy was I wrong. Tbf most of us would have sold it when it did a 5x

We would have sold. Those who made it did so because they traded this volatile asset correctly over the years. Those who made it by holding are those who left their btc in a hardware wallet and forgot about it for 10 years

I don't get fantazising about things you didn't buy. It'd be another story if some btc passed through your wallet and you've actually sold, but even then, why keep fixating in the past?

You could've bought ether at the ico, or avalanche or solana. In reality, you don't need to go back in time, just focus on your level of competence, scout projects and get in early for quality stuff.

In my case I was in uni but spent most of the time fucking girls and in classes, started reading in around 2013-14, buying small amounts since 2017, and finally having some luck in 2019.

Just have about 1m semi liquid (staking) and 600k or 800k in nfts at floor value. Manage to get into avax and some other shit. Not made it yet, but comfy.

There is lots of infrastracture issues that aren't resolved yet where there is a chance.

>few btc on localbitcoin for a few shitty dexampheptemine 10mg pills and the rest went to the feds.

Attached: 1597352667600.jpg (960x1411, 275.53K)