Kadena centralized via ASIC miners?

So KDA cannot effectively be mined with CPU/GPU, only with ASIC. I looked online and the only ASIC maker is Goldshell, most likely operating in China.

Even if Kadena scales as well as it's claimed and that its Pact programmable language is better adapted for smart contract development compared to Solidity, isn't it cause of concern that KDA can only be mined with an ASIC from a single company operating in China?

Attached: chinks.png (2736x1824, 1006.5K)

>isn't it cause of concern that KDA can only be mined with an ASIC from a single company operating in China?
Probably, but most people here don't actually care about decentralization or potential points of failure because anything that requires thinking more than 6 months ahead is for losers

I will say though to play devil's advocate that if it starts looking like KDA would be getting more real adoption a decent amount of ASIC manufacturers would probably start to shift production which would result in more producers for KDA ASIC miners (but it probably would still be centralized in China and surrounding regions)

Just looked at Bitcoin ASIC miners and the 3 most popular ASIC manufacturers are in China. They are Bitmain, Canaan and MicroBT. I guess there is no way around it. What was the reason for Kadena targetting ASIC miners though? Originally Satoshi aimed for CPU mining, but he didn't have the benefit of hindsight, yet Kadena does and it chose ASIC-friendly cryptographic algorithm. Why?

Attached: photo_2022-01-18_21-27-53.jpg (750x573, 24.23K)

You do realize that other miner manufacturers will come into play, rr..rrr..right?

I mean fuck me do people enjoy wearing blinders? Because that’s what you’re doing right now.

no such thing as cpu-only mining, unless regularly changing algo such as monero (which reduce confidence in security)
everything consolidates eventually
decentralization is a spectrum, not something to reach
kadena icp

Attached: 1648237845942.jpg (400x400, 32.43K)

Off-topic: Where do you hold your KDA? I wonder if I should move it off exchanges. By the way, I wasn't fudding my own bags. It just came to me that only Goldshell makes the miners so I wondered what the connection was between Goldshell and Kadena LLC. Seemed a bit sus

Attached: 17aa484b520a96167baf5f3f4627cca3.jpg (512x384, 22.87K)

offline wallet or hardware keys

How do I create one?

Whether or not the team is colluding with ASIC miner manufacturer or not (probably not since KDA team is well aware of future audits + their link to the SEC) the fundamentals of the project are unmatched. It’s literally a waiting game for the eventual mass adoption of the blockchain

Don’t be naive to the fact that the rich always find a way to increase their stake, but that’s okay. As long as it’s a POW network, any and all FUD regarding dECentralization can be dismissed

>It’s literally a waiting game for the eventual mass adoption of the blockchain
There will be a day for actually well-designed blockchains that are made for real-world usage and get adopted by major corps and governments, but I doubt it'll be KDA

It’s called development for a reason.
No network is perfect on genesis.
Kadena is damn close though. I don’t know about you but I’d rather take my chances on a built network, than a magical one in the future.

Also make yourself aware of Kuro…

>yet Kadena does and it chose ASIC-friendly cryptographic algorithm. Why?
ASIC resistance is an unsolved research problem, that we believe will be non-solvable in practice. I know there are some "counter examples" currently BUT they aren't valuable enough mining-wise to have the right motivation. Moreover, ASICs are good long-term as they can't be repurposed for other coins. So, therein is the question: If you are going to get ASIC-ed, do you want something hard that takes a while/fight getting ASIC-ed or something that's easy to ASIC optimally?
An ASIC that comes out that you can't replicate is a real problem. Part of what the community support treasury is for navigating this problem. A major worry for an ASIC tape-out's investment is: will you hit the market on time and get the share of coins you expect to get? We can de-risk that aspect with a partnership easily in that we will happily partner with anyone who wants to fund a community/open ASIC tape-out, and back this partnership with a lot of coins. So long as anyone can buy one and there is no funny business, we see this as a milestone in Kadena's growth.

Attached: asiiccc.png (609x173, 20.36K)

>install os (gnu + linux)
>install chainweaver
>go offline (and never connect that computer or drive again)
>clear memory / reboot
>generate keys
to make tx: import objects with non-backdoored usb storages (or paper) on offline computer, sign transaction, export same way and broadcast to mempool
maybe missing simpler ways
or just buy a ledger

Attached: 9012b3999dd82210da6e68a70367d20d.jpg (300x250, 12.05K)

Coinmetro. I don't trust any wallet besides chainweaver but I think it's annoying to use.
>but I doubt it'll be KDA
There literally is no other L1 on the market that makes sense, name just one, a single one.

icp will be more valuable than bakadena

Attached: 1647808490110.jpg (370x320, 14.26K)

Post reasoning.

Attached: BABEchan.png (400x400, 12.9K)

Didn't Ledger leak customer info? Imagine masked men barging into your abode at 3 AM because Ledger leaked customer addresses into the wrong hands.

Attached: 1647137717086.jpg (1440x1800, 553.81K)

Chia? Has the low electricity usage for the 'green' factor as to not scare away corps looking to avoid bad press, has been very careful in how they conduct business as to not be labels an unregistered security, has a real business model for the dev team to bring in revenue (be a Redhat-like entity to help corps and governments incorporate their tech), like KDA has a smart contract language aiming to not be total unsecure trash like Solidity, and has methods of getting governments 'in' on their blockchain even in a small way like their working with the World Bank on carbon credit verification through the chain (though they've gotta pass the final test phase which is going on right now)

>be bakadena
>invest trillions in asic, none in eco-system growth
>dilute own investors into chinese electric bills and worthless hardware
>98% of transactions in network is mev, actual creativity is a barely noticeable
>premise of division between governance and consensus turns out provably false and deluded
>double down on flawed account protocol to pretend being different than competitors
>be dfinitely
>invest trillions in perpetual self-reinforcing eco-system
>comfy metaverse and kemonomimi avatars
>intelligent inflation
>didnt cm leak info
>didnt coinbase leak info
>didnt Any Forums leak info
>didnt [os name] leak info
>didnt g-d leak info

Attached: i_am_trash.jpg (377x539, 33.53K)

>Chia
Easily attacked by any one of many companies that have large data centers with lots of storage capacity.
Furthermore, it has absolutely and utterly no fucking way to scale. Nothing you have stated means anything, literally anything. It has no way to shard the chain, it's always going to be a 50 tps meme network which will need rollups and other L2 fuckery - Which makes this just as bad as Ethereum

I never know if really high IQ bait or serious

Attached: 1575022169556.png (2551x2576, 538.7K)