I did it for free - how do I profit from it?

github.com/WilsonBillkia/bane

I'm a security consultant / engineer with yards of blue chip experience and zero interest in sniffing any more assholes for a living. I'm interested in using this code base and maybe some other anons to build out some epic scale heterogenuous oracle networks?

It seems to me that with a bit of decent security engineering and a little SSH we can build all sorts of decent, web 3 compute?

(inb4 the code is shit - the public repo is super basic, my revised version has months more coding in it, does decent environment management, stitches together the right firewalling with iptables, fun stuff like that)

Attached: ass.jpg (600x501, 22.32K)

Brown hands detected

I use paper m8.

>let's make our own Chainlink so we won't be beholden to Sergey's betrayals

>>let's make our own Chainlink so we won't be beholden to Sergey's betrayals

No this is a semi public / semi trusted chainlink oracle network which can run as easily in cloud as bare metal. It's just the chainlink software, built from source, with containers replaced by ssh and ansible.

bamp

I don't think this was on the flight plan

Can you explain in some detail what i, a retard, could do with this to make an interesting site or service? I think i can make a few debian servers with wsl or some other hosting service, but that’s it. I wish i knew how to get started

>I don't think this was on the flight plan

Dr Pavelheer?
And this was on the flight plan, absolutely.

>Can you explain in some detail what i, a retard, could do with this to make an interesting site or service?
ok , retard I'll give it a go...

Chainlink infra is pretty basic. Essentially the nodes are either chainlink / External Adapter nodes, PostgreSQL databases, or blockchain on ramps like Ethereum / Polygon.

What you, a retard, can do is run the code on any spare compute you have that can fit one of the three roles above, I guess. Although you'd have to be a pretty trusting retard to do that right now.
However, what I, and some other non retards can also do, is engineer the code that builds each node to execute on a number of security requirements a semi trusted peer network would have - firewalling out any malicious traffic automatically, and building Intrusion Detection software into the nodes such that some assurance is given your compute won't get raped by the usual slime that hang around open ports and IP addresses in crypto?

Does that help at all?

I need three things I think:
1. Other experts to help me develop the ansible
2. Experts in smart contracts / DAO's to see about management techniques there
3. People with compute who want to run chainlink infra and who get paid a % of any fees the network generates.

Thanks for taking the time to explain some of this. How would you recommend one gets a bit more involved in this type of thing as a starter? I’m not stupid but I don’t really have any training in this area. All i have heard from people in the space before is “make a simple website”, which is fine i guess, but given the vast array of languages and tools and ide’s and so on available, it gives one decision paralysis. I just want to build some new skills in the spare time i have when i’m off work (which is kind of like software development thru use of git for collaboration and scripting the construction of models with python, workflows with yaml, and using another obscure language). Would like to somehow contribute a little, but do i really need to go back to a university for this? Seems a bit much when you really just need to learn a language and get started fleshing out parts of a codebase to have real world experience. I can get into conversations with others in the space who have real projects with millions in funding, but with nothing to prove myself with, it’s kind of looks like i’m just trying to be a hanger-on since i would only have after work and weekends to do anything.

Thanks again if you have anymore advice, that’d be cool. The repo’s instructions look pretty clear too

Hикoмy нe нyжнa этa хyйня, yжe тыcячy paз фopкaли чeйнлинк и тaщили нa биз. He зacиpaй кaтaлoг.

I see a few people have cloned it - let me know if that works? Like I say that repo is pretty creaky - the new stuff is private until I can review it for publication.
IIRC currently it still works - will build you as many chainlink nodes, database nodes or blockchain nodes as you can afford, it might crap out during building from source - but that step can be done by hand (make install) and the nodes thereafter can be considered idempotent because ansible becomes aware of the code installed.

>How would you recommend one gets a bit more involved in this type of thing as a starter?
You'd build linux boxes and make them manageable over SSH with static IP's - they would be managed by the code in the github more or less in the end, but it would start with me and others using the compute to serve the Oracle Network as a matter of day to day ops while building out the DAO.
Do you have a coding background? I need infrastructure as well. It just means providing SSH access to my management servers. Which is a big deal; a lot of trust... That's what I'm working on now - the intrusion detection / peace of mind for participants.

>Hикoмy нe нyжнa этa хyйня, yжe тыcячy paз фopкaли чeйнлинк и тaщили нa биз. He зacиpaй кaтaлoг.

translation: "No one needs this bullshit, the chainlink has been forked a thousand times and dragged to biz. Do not litter the catalog."

Put down the Krokodil Yuri, this isn't a fork of chainlink, it just uses chainlink oracles.

... but once you're onboarded into the network your equipment will be invisible to the outside world - the only risk you will face is from me and others on network. That's what the security engineering component delivers; display of the network at protocol level to ensure we don't onboard bad actors / can remove them. Also just fyi with this you definitely would want any hosts to be secure and well away from other systems you care about as a matter of security. But thats about it.

I'm an engineer, but i know more about programming than most engineers, i suppose. Some JS (D3), linux, java, YAML, C, most with python. Would getting a linode or something be workable? I don't exactly have spare computers sitting around, but it seems interesting, and hopefully security would be less of an issue there (not too expensive too).

>Would getting a linode or something be workable?

yep, linode, ec2, digital ocean is where I was aiming with this absolutely and your skillset sounds handy so if you have some bandwidth to supply I'd like to discuss - drop me a mail to [email protected] (same as on repo)

ta very much, i'll give it a go

Based

>Based

Thnx user.