Is learning how to fly a plane or helicopter a worthy investment?

not for being a pilot, just as general life skill

Attached: p05xwtk0.jpg (1920x1080, 198.31K)

Yes, just imagine during a SHTF scenario
>give us one reason why we shouldn't kill you
>i can fly a plane
you'll be a necessity

Considering that an investment mean you'll get your money back, NO
In fact aviation is probably one of the most expensive hobbies out there

first aid is more practical

No, just fly because you enjoy it it’s not an investment. Well it can be an investment in your general happiness and confidence.

Its pretty expensive both in startup and running costs, not doing anything with it as a side business would be stupid unless you have millions already

Its pretty kino i guess though, especially in non cucked countries where you may land and start on your own property as you please

Not unless you plan on making drug runs over the Mexican border

first aid is also easy as fuck to learn

i thought about changing careers to flying but it's an absolute joke unless you can afford the training and endure at least 2-3 years of shit pay. nd this is supposedly the best the industry has been for a decade or more.

training from nothing is $50-100k depending on how and where you do it. most people work as flying instructors for a few years to gain hours/experience. they make like $20-40k a year, unironically. then you hopefully get a job at a regional airline for several years. you might make $50-70k. and then you HOPEFULLY (and with luck) you can get into a major airline and grind your way up there. i believe major airlines start at $80-100k.

in general they say it takes like 5-8 years to hit $100k/year salary. but once you advance a bit at a major airline you can make serious money. captains average like a quarter million, i believe. and i've also read that right now, very senior captains in major airlines who want to work hard can make absurd amounts of money, like $500-750k a year. but of course they (FAA) force you to retire at age 65.

to add to this, i've heard that rotary wing pays considerably less since the market for rotary wing flight is (comparatively) much smaller.

Pretty much sums it up right there. Can be worthwhile if you've done your research and conducted a good cost/benefit analysis.

t. Regional pilot on the civilian side, rotary pilot on the military side

anyone can learn first fucking aid takes some real IQ points to fly a damn plane though

Attached: anon.png (900x524, 9.81K)

my cope is to (hopefully) join a gliding club this summer.

based, pls post comfy flying pics if possible

You don’t always have to go CFI, could do crop dusting or surveying. I want to go this route too but you need a lot of capital (£10k, minimum, just for PPL. Before you can even get paid for flying which requires extra training). Take a discovery flight at your local flight school, see if you like it

no, you can learn in the military get paid for it and get better experience. Many of the major commercial pilots were in the military, and the guy I know who did all the schooling and every thing has just got shitty lower paying bush pilot jobs.

Don't really have any from fixed wing that wouldn't doxx me, so have some comfy helocast.

Attached: IMG-20210923-WA0000.jpg (1334x750, 104.04K)

Attached: IMG-20210924-WA0038.jpg (2048x1536, 336.39K)

unfathomably based

Attached: IMG-20210924-WA0050.jpg (2048x1536, 172.51K)

If you’re really indecisive it might actually help assuming you get good instruction which is not guaranteed at all.
t rotorcraft pilot

Sometimes the nightmares and asspain leading up to being able to do this stuff is worth it. Rarely, but it does happen. The most important part is figuring out what you actually want, and not deceiving yourself. The rest is subordinate to that.

Attached: IMG-20210924-WA0056.jpg (2048x1536, 365.58K)

Based magic carpet rider good luck on your next flight