I made a $100k unfixable mistake at work

How do I handle this? No one knows yet. Can't get into specifics, but basically by law and time constraints we will now be required to pay. If I had caught it earlier I could have at least challenged it. It's possible we would've still had to pay but now there's not even a chance of disputing it

Attached: 1646073877050.jpg (480x436, 27.91K)

Own up to it immediately

I remember I caused 5k worth of damage to a car once at work, I didn't give a fuck and you shouldn't either, unless it was intentional they can't make you pay shit so I'd say start looking for a new job and learn from this mistake

Blame it on a tranny

This. It will only get worse, and literally who cares? It isnt your money that was lost. Find a new job and it will just be a funny story

i work in accounting. i've seen my company waste millions on retarded ideas and strategies.

i look at from this perspective: you don't own the company, you're not a majority shareholder. beyond learning from your mistakes so you don't fuck up again, it literally doesn't matter. and if they fire you, you can always collect unemployment and get a new job.

This or would you rather be found out?

Don't worry about it, explain your mistake and if your company is cool, they'll understand. Shit happens. But I would start looking for another job, just in case.

find an intern to pin it on
>shitty but you gotta do what you gotta do

Just own up to it and stop being a pussy, number one rule I've learnt in business is people only get pissed off when you lie/try to hide shit.

I don't think I'll get fired. It's just a terrible embarrassing mistake, like I completely fucked up and have no excuse. My manager just told me two days ago that I'm doing a great job, and now this happens. I actually like this job too. I've been here for 4 years but only in this position for 6 months. It just sucks so bad.

Just turn off your screen lmao. Like just look away nigga lmao. Like just close your eyes nigger hahahahahahahaha

Attached: 1598477726510.jpg (700x700, 44.55K)

Unless you tell us what you did there's no way to know if you really did wrong or your company just has retarded business logic/systems without checks and balances. If a random employee can cause such a loss with a small oversight it's usually just the business' fault in the first place.

First thing is to remember your worth. Its very hard to find competent people. Try to come up with a way to make it look like you werent being negligent. For instance say you had a calendar reminder to deal with it but put it on the wrong month. If you just say you just werent paying attention you may get fired. If you say you made an error that is salvagable. Unless they think it is a pattern with you you probably wont lose your job. Obviously they cant legall make you pay for it. Shit happens bro. Use that politician spin and minimize the damage on you and your reputation

Pretend you got a better job and leave immediately

Blame it on a janny :^)

I had a really good construction mgmt career i quit in Sept but for 2 years before that i burned out and did the bare minimum. Hid or moved around money for any mistakes i made. Wouldnt blame others thats just bs. But you can always spin stuff.

I spoke with a coworker about it like 15 minutes ago and they were laughing at me and saying not to worry about it. They said the worst that will happen is if the file gets pulled for review I will get marked down.

Can you be more specific on the mistake? If its a government fine those are negotiable. If its a vendor payment late fee those are negotiable. I cant imagine any scenario in which a $100k time-based fee would come in that wasnt in some way negotiable. You may not be able to negotiate but your biss may. The longer you sit on this info the less chance there is that he can work on it. Figure a plan right now to cover your ass a bit and go tell him. Try not to cry. Its ok to be upset at yourself but do not cry

Hey, OP here, I'm at my home now, that's why I have a different ID. I accidently made a dick pick of my boss while sucking that man dry and sold it for 100k, but turns out it was a scam and they got the 100k from my account, what do I do

Not true

Take your soap box to a board where someone cares faggot