Don't spend more than you earn

>Don't spend more than you earn
>Set up a 401k when you get a real job

Why does this need to be a class?

Attached: Screenshot_20220322-183327-965.png (876x356, 110.15K)

Because Americans are retarded

>401gay

Literally for this very reason.

underage cannon fodder to pump the markets

I get free money from my employer twice a month why wouldn't I take it?

because americans are bombarded with advertisements trying to get them to buy products and services they don't need. it's literally ingrained in the culture at this point, think super bowl commercials.

>don't give (((them))) more than (((they))) give you
>set a 401kike when you get a (((real))) job

Attached: 1.png (1092x2172, 2.3M)

>financial literacy

Knowing what APR means and being able to fill out a check is not going to cure the lack of understanding in investment risks and asset allocation

Do people still use checks?

It's not just Americans literally average Joe everywhere doesn't know shit about finance

401k matching is literally and unironically free money

You're actually a poorfag if you can't comfortably hit your 401k match and not have enough to MAKE SICK GAINS ON CRYPTO WHICH WILL NEVER STOP.

It’s unfortunate, but true. You don’t make a good wage unless you make well into the 100k mark, given how much it takes to max your roth

Check these digits

I spend 10% of my paycheck on buying company stock at a discount and sell them off twice a year. Easy 15% return on investment and up to 30% if I buy at a dip and the stock is up when it's sell time

If you're able to generate more than 2x returns on your own then it's a waste.
Honestly though I would do it just for the sake of diversifying my funds.

Doing a 2x is not actually very common, so probably not the best idea. I have to ask though: a 2x on what timeline? In a year? A decade? 401k is for decades after all

Buying crypto during bear market cycles will give you far better than a 2x. Obviously there is a lot more risk involved and getting a 2x with 0 risk through 401k isn't a terrible idea.
Timeline, like you said it's for as long as you're contributing to your 401k, so consistently getting more than 2x on your trading account each year would beat those returns.

My 401k doesn't shit itself when ever china says they're banning crypto for the 5th time in a given month

Because when confronted with the absurdity that ~80% of humanity is unfit for modern life, the easiest response is to blame and/or look to the government. This is not the moral response or the effective response. It is merely a refuge from the cruel reality.

came here to post this as an amerilard.

well said. personal responsibility. and efforts like in florida are trying to make people responsible again.

Waste of time, like all modern education. They should be learning a classical curriculum: the trivium; grammar, logic and rhetoric, as well as the quadrivium: arithmetic, geometry, music and astronomy, and then Greek and Latin. Everything else is outside the purview of a youthful education and should be reserved for a technical school or college training program as an adult