Any intelligent investor - regardless of age - should have no less than 25% of their portfolio in bonds

>any intelligent investor - regardless of age - should have no less than 25% of their portfolio in bonds
Is this true? I always thought bonds were shit that grandmas bought because they are afraid of risk.

Attached: 1ab40c20-4114-11ea-97cf-9076d9d2bec3 (1).jpg (735x476, 57.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

treasurydirect.gov/indiv/indiv.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You are guaranteed a loss of purchasing power with bonds today.

no. this is 2022 the intelligent investor is 80% in bitcoin.

how can I buy bounds or equivalents while in France? any tips? for fixed yield investments in general? afaik there are none

Can't you just purchase American bonds?

You’re better off buying a nice bong and some Skywalker OG, my dude.

how do you do it?

He's born in 1894. Government bonds aren't what they used to be because QE + no gold standard + low rates + globalization.

His Mr. Market analogy is kino, i'll admit.

It was true- about a hunnerd years ago

What should I do with my money when I sell during the bull market?

Buying bonds mean you trust the government. You do trust the government don’t you?

Attached: 945A2472-C5A1-4E1F-93CB-7B753C29289E.jpg (828x440, 245.24K)

I tried doing that.
And I lost more with a bond etf than holding Coca Cola.

>Mr. Market
Any Forums is literally Mr. Market.

>Mr. Market analogy
elaborate

Bonds made sense when they payed out 12-24% a year (while stocks only average around 10% a year).

Now, there is no point in investing in a highly risky asset for only 2% interest (when inflation is 3x higher than that). Bond are highly risky when interest rates are likely to go up and inflation is rising as well.

Keep in mind the perception that bonds are a hedge came from the past 2-3 decades of continuously declining interest rates (which drive bond prices up).

Instead, what you should do is sell naked puts (preferably on margin) on UUP and VIX, which have the same intended effects as buying bonds in a high interest rate environment.

Look into yieldnodes. They give around 10% a month, and are pretty legit (at least compared to DeFi etc)

Also look into selling puts on value stocks. You get income from theta decay, and the worst that can happen is you are forced to buy an income producing asset for higher than its current market price (but a lower price than it is now).

Value stocks like KO are the new "bonds" in low interest rate environments. The only people who should care about bonds are banks and people who trade options on bond etfs/.

Modern monetary theory was a mistake.

Bonds are like converting crypto to a stable coin. You don't have the violatility of stocks so when you retire your money is there to use. Could you imagine retiring during a recession and losing half the value of your portfolio?

A bond fund like vanguard VBTLX or directly
treasurydirect.gov/indiv/indiv.htm

I'm in the UK so I have some NS&I premium bonds. I haven't looked at other types of bonds.

you get an under 2% return on a 10-year treasury bond right now. The CPI is something like 8% on the year (which is a low end inflation estimate). Do the math.

bonds of emerging economies sure but no american bonds or any other developed nation
you can literally look at charts to see that this advice is bad