Travelling with these?

Has anyone ever tried to enter a south american country with a bunch of these?
Should I prepare to get robbed? What could happen?

Attached: 1619708710099.jpg (375x375, 34.62K)

>entering a South American country.
Yes, prepare to get robbed, then sacrificed.

yes but the question is, at the airport, or later on?

They'll probably make you pay whatever customs fees, and then one of the workers will tip off their cousin to rob you after you're through. Prepare to get robbed twice.

yeah probably but I am willing to gamble, has anyone in this board whom ever tried it?
I'm not going to stay at the airpoirt/country I arrive. I'm ready to cross borders more than once in a bus filled with chickens if it need be

I pondered the eventuality, what if you throw them into the cargo bags?
Those don't get checked, you risk losing them completely but you could try splitting them to minimize the chance of losing everything...
Or what about the option of trying to mail them to yourself? Again, risk of loss, but not that great.

Customs is done after we get our cargo bags. It means they could be X-rayed at the country of arrival. Or the departure airport could share some notice about their contents with the arrival country. Idk maybe I'm paranoid.

If I put in the carry-on bag, the maximum that would happen is that I would have to justify it to the random officer at the backpack x-ray/inspection station. Which honestly I think would be much easier and less likely that they would tag my carry-on bag somehow.

btw
>Those don't get checked
yes they do, at least in the US, they have always opened and checked my bags and left a letter inside saying they checked it for some reason

The thing is, they scan the shit out of carry-ons, and it's less likely to pass metals off as collector coins (and you're implying ingot formats)
My experience with cargo luggage is you submit it before carry-on xrays and pick it up/pull it thru customs at the exit, where they mostly rubberstamp you and stare you down to see if you sweat/look shifty.
Let me put it this way, you can pass a lot of illegal foodstuffs in cargo baggage so long as it's not open cheese emanating ungodly smells.

>yes they do, at least in the US,
Hmm US is more thorough than most.

You'd be better off trying to sneak in gold or platinum.

thanks user, but they do xray the shit out of cargo as well. I don't know, the department of agriculture once opened one of my checked luggages
if I try to leave my country with ingots, I have the receipts and whatnot to prove they are mine. so I was thinking this could be less stressful. If I leave them in the checked cargo, I was thinking maybe the destination airpoirt would also check them in xray upon arrival (never happens with carry-on luggage), even if in the us.
platinum I don't know, but I thought about gold. I could just put a few in my wallet together with the normal coins.

also I'm not trying to sneak anything
I just dont want to get mugged at arrival, either by their governments or the cousins of the officers working that day

Just carry gold, much smaller & more discrete, put some 1/4 oz coins up your butt.

Or better yet, memorize crypto wallet seed phrase.

for crypto I would be at mercy of their local exchanges afterwards
the limit I could enter there in cash or goods without declaring anything something ridiculous like 2k usd
gold would be a better option indeed but not sure I want to put it in my butt

I often purchase silver from the US and have it brought back to El Salvador by friends that travel often. If they can bring it here you can definitely take it to south america

Just charter a boat ride back. Do not pay with criminal cops at customs

thanks user do you know if they check-in or carry-on ?

>not sure I want to put it in my butt
What are you, gay?

had some stories of friends being framed for some stuff when riding those boats

Yeah BTC literally fixes this

yes

always carry on luggage, I don't trust airport staff to not open my bag and casually "lose" my coins.

Peel back the insoles of your shoes and glue some 1/10 oz gold coins into it.

why are you smuggling precious metals into south america

why not just put in the change box with a bunch of random coins and keys nobody will notice

or you can do your autistic shit that makes you feel like a retarded james bond. your choice, whatever.

because silver is worth the same everywhere?