At what point did the WWE championship lose it's prestige?

At what point did the WWE championship lose it's prestige?

Attached: Adobe_Post_20210717_1211440.2782482365539015-1-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 97.45K)

In your picture

2002 when Big Gold and Hunter absolutely mogged it to death and it got relegated to the B show with Carder

This. Once BMJ got the WWE title coupled with Evolution dominating Big Goldy for a while, Big Goldy became the more kino title.

When they put it on Punk, same for the big gold

When you learned that wrestling is a work and the titles are just props.

spinner belt. never recovered

for me it’s Miz

When they put the belt on this fat sack of shit maybe?

Attached: f44e211a05e6e77d4df480a160e0b4a7.jpg (640x640, 60.56K)

^
Definitely spinner belt.

>when Hogan held it for four years
>when raped bitch Diesel squashed Backlund for it
>when the brand split broke up the undisputed belt
>when the spinner joke belt was not retired the first time Cena lost it
>when the b-belt became a palette swap
>when the belt mark Triple Nose started sending out dozens of copies to sports teams

kek I can’t believe he beat the Warrior for the belt. fucking Sgt. Slaughter going over Ultimate Warrior is insane to me. Macho Man did interference but still what the fuck

The Miz 2010

Vince loves his wartime storylines

>At what point did the WWE championship lose it's prestige?
When they designed it to be a piece of merch. Most people say this is the spinner belt and they're right.

You mean when Triple Nose tanked the ratings and singlehandedly ended wrestling's biggest boom period? Fuck that. WWE could have saved themselves if they kept Lesnar and Taker on Raw and banished Triple Garbage to Smackdown with Cena, Show and the rest of the antidraws.

Bob Backlund beating Bret Hart in 1994. Bob Backlund. In 1994. What were they thinking? Even worse it was a transitional title reign to get the title on... KEVIN NASH. Wow.

CM Phil

That's funny because the ratings and buys node dived when Triple H was out with his torn quad, they gave him the big push on his return and Mania did great business then Hogan politicked to go over clean the next month and killed his momentum, that's really what the issue was

Bad take. This angle was based.

It was shit because it led to Diesel winning the title which he had no business anywhere near at any point in his career, and it led to the god-awful I Quit match which was and still is the all-time worst Wrestlemania match of all time that is actually a match, only eclipsed by sub-30 second squashes and Bret vs. Vince.

The spinner had soul.

Idk when they made multiples of them and started handing them to old men?

2005, when Cena turned it into that toy

Probably when the Miz won it. Even now it baffles me how in a roster with SOOO much talent a lifelong IC-title contender made it to the top. Not even a smark, the Miz just isn't easy to take seriously. At least with Triple H or Cena you could believe that they could be top dog, the Miz however was just embarrassing and really started the trend of midcarders getting pity-runs.

Money In The Bank. After the first two cash-ins it was a bunch of midcard geeks cashing in like Edge, looking weak, and dragging the title down to their level.

Miz did it to the WWE Title in 2010. Punk did it to the WHC in 2008.

Sheamus killed it

Miz was based though
The WM match vs Cena is criminaly underrated too. Well, up until the double count out. The Rock part was def cringe. Until then the action was good, the pace decent, the crowd good.