Staking is a scam. Change my mind

Staking means you lose control of your crypto for a long period of time and if the price crashes you're a dead man. This is like playing roulette and it's a huge risk. Why would I want to do this?

Attached: 1645323460093.jpg (976x850, 229.41K)

This. Was going to stake my ATOM but didn’t know it had a 21 day unlocking period

think about it like this. If you have a holder mindset, there's no point in not staking. By staking, at least you get more of the coin

Good profits in bull market, but those coins aren't trendy anymore. It's my personal opinion

I only stake in shit like GMX and Precog cuz I get fees directly.

all multi year lock ups are literal suicide

There's no point trying to change the mind of a mumu. Those that have benefited from staking know its use. I've grown my SYLO, PKR considerably through staking. I at some point staked my DKT and was rewarded with a rare NFT, but staking DKT at this time is closed. I'm looking forward to staking going live again so I can stake this DKT bag I have just laying here.

>fuck yeah when you hold lank ffs
dyor on api3 and their staking, don't be a schizo

Attached: fest.jpg (229x221, 13.44K)

Yeah I was thinking we better come up with new fud before staking drops too

If you're gonna Hold something, you might as well Stake it and earn some yield. It's not as if you are Locking it.

the dump will fud itself

Because you believe in the future of the crypto. If you've done enough research to actually buy an asset, you should be confident enough to just hold through ups and downs.

See: XCM, KDA.

Because I am not selling for at least ten years so I might as well increase my wealth. You would have to be retarded not to be staking. The trick is to stake good coins on solid platforms and avoid the scams of which there are many.

Nah that wont fly when its actually released

thawing period is designed to prevent manipulation, what, are you staking a scam coin in the first place? been there, done that, back when you could trade for dollars on uni

Principle is the same if you had Fiat in a bank account.
you can have a little bit better control( ownership) if your coin can be staked from Hardware ( i.e. Ledger)
Daily Payment is great.

21 day for ATOM ( or 28 day for CRONOS) is abortive, but par for the course.
I agree with user's statement:
>f you have a holder mindset, there's no point in not staking.....at least you get more of the coin

BNB is 7 day ( i know I am a shill)
If you are a tax cuck, you can offset losses via the HIFO method of reporting Gains.

Attached: 1612998246117.png (476x465, 296.26K)

That's the whole point. That's the major risk with staking. There are the benefits too. It's up to you to access the risks and benefits and see if it suits you. Personally, I'm not a fan of APY staking pools. I prefer staking programs with airdrops benefits like the ones Railgun had. Stakers got airdrops of new tokens with new market cap. Price fall or not, the reward is good enough. Staking ain't scam. You just have to be care where and what you stake

I stake because I know what a retard like me is capable of when number goes down

What I can say is that staking is evolving. I especially like the fact that metaverse projects are adding a new style to it. Staking an NFT to get a character and access to play a game is fantastic. Looks more like adding utility to staking structure. Big ups to Sidus heroes and others for coming up such design

Seems you don't actually know what staking entails. I won't convince you but soon you would understand better. I'm currently enjoying the metastaking program of holoride where I stake my RIDE and earn more. The phase 2 staking is coming out soon!

It's less like that and more like you're buying risk as an asset. You're not holding a sound asset like bitcoin, you're holding poker chips. You'll never use a poker chip as a medium of exchange, you're just hoping that the risk pays off.

Depends anyway. Spool is yet to be launched but it's likely going to be a very good one for DeFi users because deposits automatically go through multiple yield generators in a non-custodial manner, hence managing the risks that are involved with making deposits generally. In the case of the Spool, according to the docs, you will set the conditions and yield farming strategy that suits you best. If it's flexible enough, then you've got no problem since staking or locking will all be according to your terms and since the yield are generated automatically, you can pull out anytime after the period you set. Not yet launched but you should probably check it out

Attached: 253637483.png (984x1029, 621.76K)