Saas, ecommerce, defi tool devs, MEV hackers

I'm a moderately good coder that doesn't want to wage. Anyone here had any success in building projects that they can live off?

Is there a single person on this board who is actually a businessman?

Attached: 1646877557150.jpg (2122x3000, 789.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pionex.com/blog/pionex-arbitrage-bot/
youtube.com/watch?v=M576WGiDBdQ
youtube.com/channel/UCY0xL8V6NzzFcwzHCgB8orQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

my friend made a bot that prints money off from pancakeswap's prediction market

I saw the thread about that here it was amazing. I've made this thread multiple times OP and no one every answers

--E-commerce

You just find a manufacturer through Alibaba of a particular item and then create your own brand. Use targeted marketing on Facebook to sell it. They have ridiculous conversion rates on certain niches like fitness based items.

Also 3-D printing is interested as well and I knew someone making an extra $1000/month with it. Idk how well it scales though.

--Arbitrage Bots

This is my favorite idea but I don't have the ability to code just understand what the logic/steps necessary to do it. Basically you have $10,000. You buy $5,000 worth of BTC and go short with the other $5000. On perpetual futures swaps funding fees are paid out every 1,4, or 8 hours depending on the protocol. There are almost always more longs than shorts and thus the longs pay the shorts the funding fee. Basically you are just extracting the funding fee while staying delta neutral IE your value doesn't change because you are short and long at the same time. You compound those daily gains and it adds up. If shorts have to pay longs which happens occasionally you just close the position and wait or look for a different asset which has a positive funding for shorts. Just going between LINK, ETH, and BTC should be enough. I need a bot to automate all of this though and I don't understand how. Also you could make it even more profitable by making the long leveraged on various futures DEXes because many don't charge a funding fee just an open and close contract fee.

The bot would be communicating between all the various margin swaps like Drift, Gains, GMX, Perp etc

There are other things too like Crabada its ridiculous I have a crab army making me money kek

Hello fellow crabada chad, nice to see one in the wild :)

honestly I've made more money just trading and buying crypto stuff than I have ever made from writing code... if someone has this kind of edge it will be a closely guarded secret

How much are you making right now? I have 2 teams about to buy a 3rd probably

The key is automating things for value that aren't trading based or subject to volatility.

snibsnib, me third

I am making a RPG and plan to sell it on steam but it's more of a hobby project since I left my job as a machine learning tech lead (it was bs). I enjoy the creative aspects of it.

I have a had a friend suggest the same thing to me, what you describe. I have seen some articles written on it, how confident are you that this actually works? Anytime I see an arbitrage in the wild I have to wonder if its because no one has attempted it or that it never works in practice.

The arbitrage is based on funding fee. Funding fees are based on a future value thus it will always exist unless the spread between longs and shorts becomes incredibly small. I.E the more people doing it smaller the yields obviously.

If you want to learn more about it read the article below. Pionex is an exchange that will automate the strategy for you for a fee of course. They also make it hard to compound the strategy on their UI which is the whole point and necessary so you have to have your own bot. 03-.09% daily compounded is doable and quite ridiculous.

I wanted to do it with a bot using decentralized exchanges though and not any CEXes if possible however Binance does have the best futures funding fee set up for this strategy. They pay out every 8 hours which is better than every 1 hour. Also some exchanges both CEX and DEX won't pay out your funding fee immediately and hold it as unrealized funding fee until you close your position which also fucks the strategy. You'd have to research each exchange. The strategy is legit though as you are just holding the positions and there isn't much trading unless you want to rebalance the accounts 50/50 daily BTC/Short BTC. You need to research more about perpetual futures and margin trading in crypto

pionex.com/blog/pionex-arbitrage-bot/

Again you can't just use Pionex because they make it difficult to compound daily with their fees

Also more volatile crypto allow for higher funding fees. LINK is a solid example. It would be more profitable than BTC here and still have decent volume to ensure you can close the position when needed. With smartcontracts you can guarantee the positions close at the same time for the same price or the transaction reverts. The more volatile the asset you are arbing though I suppose the higher the likelihood your bot fails to function correctly but your bot isn't really doing much unless the funding fees go negative for shorts then it close the position

>Is there a single person on this board who is actually a businessman?
LMFAO

how do you have such an interested in this kind of thing, I am an autistic coder and like development, but i cant bring myself to researching the ways that you can arbitrage these kinds of things.
I guess im asking why dont you learn do code(in b4 learn to code meme)

my genetics scream for this woman.

i have a trading bot. it does so so. i feel it's close to being a money printing machine, basically using some rudimentary AI to watch charts and predict best moves. missing an edge though. there are many ways to train it so its possible i just havent found the right configuration.

I am trying but its hard to know where to even start. Right now I have been slowing watching this video below that Chainlink put out about smart contracts and I ordered the book Mastering Ethereum recently as well. If you have any solid resources to get started as a walk through let me know. I understand how to dictate the logic and steps necessary to do the arbitrage but I don't understand how to code and also don't know exactly how much experience is required to develop the type of strategy I'm suggesting. Would I be able to slap this together in 6 months of learning or need 5 years I simply just don't know.

I don't have to work anymore from crypto and DEFI but I'm always trying to find more income streams so I can retire my parents and sister, and then open a business as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=M576WGiDBdQ

This is the coding video I meant to post.

>Anytime I see an arbitrage in the wild I have to wonder if its because no one has attempted it or that it never works in practice.

Also Sam Bankman talks about how he was clearing 1 Million a day for a while when BTC was priced $1000 more on a Japanese exchange than US exchanges. The arb was so easy they were even doing it manually if I remember correctly. He boasted about 20 Million earned in 20 days kek. That is a different strategy than I'm suggesting but still its a type of arbitrage nonetheless.

i have been coding for ages so its kinda werid to tell people how to learn because to do etherum dev you need to learn a few connecting software, like javascript and the the basics of the whole front end backend web dev pipeline.
You need to be able to set up a server write node.js then write front end web dev on top of normal js coding.

I made a simple pixel purchasing thing and got bored of it because I started making money just by buying crypto.

I learnt from this guy, he has some long form vids of start to finish in like a 5 hour video

youtube.com/channel/UCY0xL8V6NzzFcwzHCgB8orQ

How did you start it?! Are you using anything special under the hood? ML, neural networks, reinforcement learning?

That is a man

Do I even need to understand front end/UI work for a bot that submits smart contract transactions on the back end? Basically if I have a bot that is balancing 2 positions for me it would work. This would probably be real easy to do on Binance or Kucoin as

1) They pay out the funding fees at 8 hour intervals
2) They have tons of friendly API plugins
3) It would be doing both sides of the transaction on one exchange which would be more efficient

If I did it decentralized it would be balancing a position between the Drift margin DEX on Solana and Gains margin DEX on Polygon network. You go long on Gains and short on Drift. Drift does weird shit with the funding fee and its once an hour. The bot would probably have to be on a CEX but it would still be really profitable.

You need to look at the API for each exchange. They let you place orders by calling functions in their API in your code