Has Any Forums updated the reading list since 2015? This list isn't just outdated...

Has Any Forums updated the reading list since 2015? This list isn't just outdated, but it's also got lots of trash that's not worth reading.

Let's create a better book list now that we're smarter and better-looking.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (1345x1450, 955.01K)

bump

Crypto destroyed all of these books

What are some books you would recommend, then?

Intelligent Investor is great. Common stocks and uncommon profits also has good ideas but I just skimmed it. Frankly if you're a crypto investor most of what you need to succeed won't be found in books because of how nascent this market is an how rapidly evolving it is.

None. By all means read them however. But the actual useful information in 99% of these can be boiled down to blog post/you tube video at most.

yep, only pseuds will disagree

I've actually heard terrible things about the Intelligent Investor. The main thing I hear about it is that it doesn't tell you anything you don't already know, so I've always avoided it. What do you think?

C'mon. I get that blogs/YouTube videos can give you lots of information in a fraction of the time, but books can give you unique information in a way that's different from how you get it from watching a video. Besides, most videos nowadays are just, "Work 16 hours a day! That's all it takes!"

Go back zoomer
Good stuff about a balanced portfolio that protects from lots of world events.
Psueds are people who watch a video and think they got the same learning as they could from a book.

Most stock books are useless since they don't start from the premise that all stock markets are rigged. That doesnt mean you cant win with stocks, but the wins you make are those they will allow you to have. Id argue that financial history books/resources are important because they teach how to start thinking and ask the right questions, namely "how is this party screwing me over and what is his goals/ how is it achieving it? is right about crypto destroying all of this. Economics and understanding how how system works is worth it but you will soon come to realize we're living in funny money times. More knowledge and effort only brought me more questions/ decision making issues, especially nowadays. Hope this helps

at the end of the day, the real redpill is having/starting a business because the value of money and its derived investments are only the goods and services it can buy you. If you provide them, you have the power.

I have these two OP but lots of cross overs

Attached: 4578567865.jpg (2845x1682, 1.62M)

Best thread, bump

Attached: 76537654745.jpg (2104x1708, 372.9K)

>the millionaire next door is probably not
Honestly, it completely shifted how I viewed wealth. Something to keep in mind is that these books aren't just for the business owners with 20+ years of experience. It's also for the people who are just starting out and still learning what money is.

>Think and Grow Rich
That books not nearly as good as other people hype it up to be

I'd say this is a great list for learning anything you want to

Attached: Learn_how_to_Learn.png (1280x720, 693.5K)

I actually have Deep Work in my room. Just finishing another one before I get started on it. Glad to know I found one I'll enjoy.

I'm done with Deep Work and Atomic Habits, and I'm onto Make It Stick. Atomic Habits is a way easier read compared to the other two but I've enjoy all 3 see far

Capital - Karl Marx

If people insist on going down this route find influential speakers/ trainers in your area of interest (sales/marketing etc) and pirate their courses they charge for. A lot of these newer books are just marketing for the author’s $1000 3 hour online seminar. These people never seem to run out of ‘new’ information.

I think you can still find value from their early works (i.e. Robert Kiyosaki and Brian Tracy)

Nice, saved

Attached: 3376235.jpg (266x451, 52.08K)

Brain Tracy’s best book was Eat that frog. You could summarise that book in 20 pages and nothing of value would be lost. Many of these books are meant to entertain. At worse you are just reading fiction.