Say someone offers you a job that pays 800k a year with health benefits and 30 days paid vacation

Say someone offers you a job that pays 800k a year with health benefits and 30 days paid vacation.

the job is simple. you will work from 9am to 5pm with an hour break for lunch at 12. let's say commute is about 30 minutes. you sit in a sterile, white room with flourescent lighting, and in the center of that room is a desk, a chair, and this terminal. the only thing the terminal is capable of is displaying a timer which counts down from 10. at the end of the 10 seconds, you just have to push a button on the keyboard that resets the timer.

Not pushing the button will cause the computer to sound an alarm, and you will be fired. you are not allowed to have anything in the room other than the clothes on you. all personal belongings will be checked in at security before you enter the room.

the terminal also has no other function other than what it was meant to do, which means no alt-tabbing out to reddit.

you will be allowed 1 hour for lunch at which time you can leave to the cafeteria eat or at any local restaurant nearby.

do you take this job?

Attached: terminal.jpg (1080x720, 93.13K)

Yes.

800k a year isn't even that much, kys.

I do it for a year to have enough to start a business and invest and help set my family up. time beyond that would destroy your soul.

I feel like I've seen >pic somewhere before

>build servo motor that pushes the button every ten seconds
>fuck around on Any Forums all day

Yeah sure I still get paid

itt niggers that can't read

That's tough. I think I would treat it like a prison sentence and do it for like a year then invest and let my "real" life begin.

Sounds soulcrushing but i’d give it a crack

Attached: 73852CE4-1392-478C-8781-EDF459008A8C.jpg (1260x710, 121.23K)

maybe for a year

no.

Attached: 1622095137667.jpg (251x201, 9.36K)

You've just described driving a modern train.

$400 an hour? $3200 a day? Hell yeh in a heart beat. That's a crazy amount of money.

Yeah, among other things if I ever get sick of it all I have to do is not hit the button.

Is it necessary to use my finger to push the button? May I use my penis?

So I can I do it for only a year or two? Is there some contract? Are the payments bi-weekly? Can I just get gacked on adderall, or do they drug test? There’s so many angles to this I would opt in quite easily but only for a few years. Especially if I can take all of the money and put it away and then retire in less than 5 years. Fuck what any other user says

How long is the window of time I have to press the button? Seems like I would take the job and just get fired on like day 2. Whatever, easy $3k I guess?

>Say someone offers you a job
>job
no thanks

>at the end of the 10 seconds, you just have to push a button on the keyboard that resets the timer.
>
>Not pushing the button will cause the computer to sound an alarm, and you will be fired.
What kind of a time buffer am I given? This is obviously an impossible job if I literally have to push the button at precisely 10.00000000000000 seconds

i take it for 3 years then fuck off

I tell the company that I can develop an improvement that guarantees zero downtime for their system and it will only cost them 2.2 million dollars. Then I will build the servo motor from , but also attach 96 hours of backup battery to this 40 watt servo, just in case. I also offer maintenance on the device for the low, low fee of 140k a year for retainer.

yes. ill just jerk off and day dream all day while spamming the button.

I dont think you could do it for more than a couple of years. A year is soul destroying but I would make a game of it to see what type of effect it might have on my mental health. But two years with that salary and you're in a pretty good position - could buy a nice little business with it or something.