How exactly does crytocurrencies with infinite supply like Monero work?

How exactly does crytocurrencies with infinite supply like Monero work?
I can understand coins with limited supply having value. But won't infinite supply lead to inflation. One of the main selling points for cryptocurrencies is that they are not like the dollar. But won't inflation pretty much destroy it's value?

Attached: monero-1.jpg (1000x691, 411.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

moneroj.net/compinflation/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>How exactly does crytocurrencies with infinite supply like Monero work?
By providing incentive to miners to secure the network forever, pretty smart actually.

the inflation rate for monero is lower then bitcoins by a lot until 2024.

This
moneroj.net/compinflation/

yeah but what about after 2024? If Monero is to be the future currency, it should not be inflating any time in the forseeable future.

0xMR has a limited supply, among other improvements

Attached: 1645564321154.jpg (125x125, 3K)

But limited supply has it's own problems. And far bigger than unlimited supply ones imo

>ground level xmr fud
its disinflationary, look it up

Asymptotic inflation down to near 0% over time. Supply caps are effectively deflationary and don't encourage use as a currency.

>I can understand coins with limited supply having value
Bitcoin will have a functionally unlimited for you and every single person in this thread, because every one of us will be dead before Bitcoin hits the supply cap. The arguments are functionally meaningless as it's an academic question since (you) are only going to have an actual existence where Bitcoin never stops inflating. That being said, Bitcoin is likely to die (or be severely weakened) due to the collapse of mining once supply of new coins drops to nothing (or even close to it). Monero just has better theory for sustaining the network in perpetuity that isn't dependent on transaction fees (which drop precipitously whenever Bitcoin does not have full blocks).

>infinite supply like Monero
is your iq below 80? monero has a limited supply. right now 18,086,742 xmr

No, 0xMonero is mineable and it is secured by Ethereum’s hashrate.

Attached: 1645572925749.jpg (124x63, 1.55K)

Infinite supply over an infinite timeline. Otherwise the emission rate is fixed and predictable as opposed to the scary kind of inflation i.e. erratic and unpredictable.

Furthermore, Monero inflates at half the rate of gold and new supply is offset by consistent coin loss and confiscation, law enforcement permanently freezes all privacy coins found in seized wallets to prevent their use in criminal enterprise, effectively taking them out of circulation.

And lets not forget why tail emission exists in the first place: to keep fees low and miners mining when block rewards dry up.

Attached: zzKxlCS.png (303x148, 21.92K)

>the inflation rate for monero is lower then bitcoins by a lot until 2024.

Attached: 1639708368613.gif (220x275, 310.08K)

JUDENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I'm so tired of these infinite supply retards, bros.. Like, do they really think humanity and crypto will exist FOREVER? Some people just can't into math I guess

Gold held value for thousands of years despite new ore being dug.

USD has infinite supply. Also has value. Simple as.

Some inflation is not a problem. What's important for a usable currency is that the supply is predictable and stable, not that it has literally zero inflation.

crypto as well. thers like 18k different cryptos, imagines the amount in another 5 years.

XMR is the one true digital gold