Be real with me bros, just how much of a disadvantage am I putting myself at if I refuse to create a LinkedIn profile...

Be real with me bros, just how much of a disadvantage am I putting myself at if I refuse to create a LinkedIn profile? I also have no other social media

Attached: Linkedin-Logo-1280x800.png (1280x800, 28.65K)

huge disadvantage, tantamount to not having a facebook profile in 2014. 'weirdo' and your resume goes in the trash. you WILL make a linkedin and you WILL be happy

it only takes about an hour to make a profile and then you don't have to touch it again for a year. Just do it.

I've never created a Facebook, I'm a pretty private person ._.

My friend was showing me his LinkedIn and the feed was more nauseating than anything I've seen on Facebook. It was just Boomer memes (why are these on there anyways?)with a huge amount of ass kissing towards employers. Saw so many people writing essays about how their entire lives have led to this moment where they work for X company.

Doesn’t matter too much.
Made a profile in 2013 and updated it around 2017 and still got job offers from it.
The one thing you will be missing is certain opportunities since recruiters use it, so it’s worth putting an hour or so to set one up and then just update it every few months.

>Boomer memes
Wait i thought Linkedin was only for job stuff is it facebook 2v.0 ?

its not like you have to actually spend time on linkedin. you can just put your resume and not spend time on the website, and this is completely fine for recruiting/hiring purposes

only really necessary if you're in a professional field and you're trying to network. you can reach potential new employers this way, and you know they will be at least half decent employers if they have a try-hard linkedin page.

if you are a software developer, you'll definitely need it for changing jobs and getting 30%+ raises. all the thots are in there looking for muh programming dick, I don't post shit though.

I put mine on hibernate ever since I got a job. Once I feel like switching jobs I'll just reactivate it, buy 500 connects so algos show my profile to recruiters, and wait to get spammed with job offers. If you don't have at least 2+ years of experience then its fucking useless though.

I have a bad habit of ghosting friends every couple of years and then moving away somewhere else and starting over after I get out of my isolation phase.

I don't have LinkedIn or any social media because then it might be a little awkward to reconnect with everyone. I hate the internet sometimes. I don't get why I can't be friends with someone and we can both remember that time fondly and leave it in the past. Now you're "friends" for life with the internet and I'm terrified of any commitment

It used to be Linkdin before it got Mandela effected.

Honestly, it's pretty crazy, but ive been seeing more and more jobs in my field (marketing) require it when applying to jobs. It's the most soulless, disgusting, pos site ive ever been on. I really want to start trolling on there once i make it and posting stupid things like "today i saw a hobo asking for change. I asked him what he wanted to do for a living and he said 'be the change in the world.' I immediately hired him for a lower-level position, and today, he is the VP of communications.

People would believe it too

I don't have any social media for the same reason but I forced myself to make a Linkedin so I can find a job. I don't want any of my old loser friends to find me on there, see that I have a cushy job, and start trying to cozy up to me again though.

I had a candidate reach out to me looking for a new position after a gap in his employment. He was not the traditional candidate, and most would have passed on him, but being the #angel recruiter that I am, I decided to speak to him on the phone.
The conversation that transpired was #inspirational. I learned that he had been helping an old lady cross the street and got hit by a car. While he was laying on the street, a 100lb vulture swooped up and he had to use his fire-breathing abilities to fight the vulture off. He was dropped 50 ft from the air and sustained multiple injuries. This explained his gap in employment.
If it wasn't for my ability to #adapt and give all candidates from all walks of life a chance, this individual would not have been able to find fulfilling employment. Luckily we were able to match him with a fantastic #startup firm as an AP clerk. This is why I love my job.
#GiveEveryoneAChance #DreamJob #PleaseSendMeAMessageForFantasticOpportunitiesLikeThis

it's a 2 way street
you'll lose a lot of opportunities
but those will be at companies with HR cunts who scour social media including KikedIn

So it will make getting a job harder, but in the end it might be a better company, but pay competitiveness may suffer.

Attached: 1631382198136.jpg (655x729, 345.53K)

this is the kind of shit that I want to post on LinkedIn. Unironically this isnt far off base from the absolute shit I see on there. I hate normies so fucking much. People that use their jobs as a part of their identity are the worst.

Clue!

Chud.

pro move is to make a linkedin and tailor it to your needs such as filling it in with details when seeking a job in a specific industry and then reduce info once you're in the job

also i recommend unfollowing everyone using a script so that you're not scrolling boomer fb type posts on linkedin

This I basically use it as a resume