This series is pure YouTube kino. One of the only wrestling YouTube channels that isn’t annoying smark bullshit

This series is pure YouTube kino. One of the only wrestling YouTube channels that isn’t annoying smark bullshit.

Attached: 7BF2CEB0-681E-4494-8064-909B527B6137.jpg (500x500, 43.75K)

Gave way too much positivity to those WWF shows in 1996. There was nothing positive about them.

I think its more a case of the wcw shows just being worse. Wcw was overrated as all fuck.

WCW 96 mogged WWF in terms of quality and the ratings reflected it.

i like that new royal pro wrestling 3do review he did, i can't get the fucking "the underdice morgan" out of my head, it's like The Ultimate Rockwarrior Jim

This doesn't mean wcw was good. Idk, i think the wwf had some good shows in 1996 but I also just have a natural bias because thats what i grew up with. Wcw just wasnt my thing.

wrestlingbios, WSI, Markyd, simple as.

WCW was killing WWF in wins until recently. 97 was a top five year in their history outside of the gang warz shit being so prominent, so they’ll definitely overtake Nitro soon and possibly never look back.

I like dave knows wrestling.

Does he still occasionally go on random Meltzer rants?

I don’t recall him ever doing that but it’s been a while since I’ve watched the earlier stuff. I think he’s really coming into his own as a personality without it becoming annoying. The running jokes are pretty good and none of it has worn out its welcome. My only complaint is that he talks slow as hell so I watch the videos in 1.5-2x speed.

When the show's were practically tied with wins by the start of 1997 you knew this guy was a WWF fanboy.

this and ring of the hawk for me desu

Attached: jVZ5JebJ_400x400.jpg (400x400, 29K)

I'll admit it's kino.

WCW was ahead by like 15 at one point. The show just got bad pretty quick. It was never as good as smarks (who weren’t even around at the time and just parrot shit they hear) would have you believe. Raw was leaps and bounds consistently better by late 96 and never looked back. The NWO were huge but look at the weekly TV. Hogan, Nash and Hall barely wrestled on Nitro. Most of it was boring bullshit from Kevin Sullivan/Dungeon of Doom, Glacier vs Mortis and Wrath, and the dimeless Horsemen (Mongo and Jarrett).

Wrestlemania ONLY for News
Whatculture ONLY for show recaps
Everything else is either smark bullshit, an old ass channel with 100 subs or the guy that makes TNA shit that is actually cool to watch from time to time

checking this out rn and yes it is KINO

RAW was pretty fucking bad in 1996-1997 too, a lot of nobodies around and weird angles
WCW had so many stars it was insane, WWF had like four or five

if you care enough to make hours long video on youtube talking wrestling from 20 years ago you are a smark

>see OP thread
>decides to do a quick search
>click on first video
>immediately some scouser accent fag speaks
>X out
why is it always these fucking wanker brits that dominate wrestling essay type videos?

WCW had a lot of FUTURE stars. Eddie, Jericho, Rey, Benoit etc. were all having great matches, but much like today only the smarks cared and they weren't getting great crowd reactions and were typically curtain jerkers. All of the established stars were present on weekly TV, but were rarely featured in matches. Booker and Steiner were still tag team guys. Sting mostly showed up and pointed his bat. Flair was a Nitro mainstay in the beginning but by late 96 was just cutting the same promo every week during the Jarrett/Mongo shit and building up programs with a washed up Piper.
Another noticeable thing in hindsight was how split the NWO was. Hogan/Rodman, Macho and Nash/Hall/Syxx might as well have been three separate factions. It didn't take long for them to not seem like a cohesive group. The only real superstar that got built up and wrestled often during that time was DDP.