Big life change

I'm moving to LA from Virginia to work on my indie game for a couple of years. I have 300k cash. Also have 20k link and 4.2 BTC that I'll leave alone until my game is finished.

Is this a bad idea?

Attached: la.jpg (1000x637, 773.76K)

Middle class whites are moving out.

I'm going to be renting with roommates or a studio and will be mostly working at a coworking space.

Lived in the suburbs all my life, want to move somewhere new and meet people

You should talk more about how you’re going to make your business profitable instead of saying how you intend on holding some coins like a queer

It's a long development process so it won't be released for at least 3 years. So no income until then unless I decide to do some side programming gigs

Yes fucking awful idea

Why

At this point major coastal cities are only affordable for the upper class and people willing to live in public housing.

>ed in the suburbs all my life, want to move somewhere new and meet people

I hope you're well connected before you go here

So you could work from any place and you decide to do it in an expensive one. Why?

LA is about to become a south african crime ridden shithole in about 2 years once were in the depths of a depression
>inb4 it's already like that
You have no idea how much worse things will get

Good luck. All that money will be going to rent. All my friends are moving out because they can't afford to live there anymore. We all grew up there. It sucks but it is what it is. Heed my warning. Don't.

idk why Virginia m8. I'm in CA and would choose between NV, AZ, or WA if you want to get out of here. Nevada is my choice and I will likely be moving once I graduate. Lower state taxes, lower cost of living if you know what suburb-type areas to live near. Similar to your idea, it's more economic day-to-day living outside of California to pursue online/mobile business ventures

The Soros funded D.A. is making sure it happens

Yes they plan to make LA and NY uninhabitable so they can buy cheap properties and in ten years crack down on crime and pump their bags

Yes go to Miami or Acapulco or someplace with crypto connections and make a p2e indie game

you will have a good time but you should go knowing that it's an 80 sq. mi. shithole. even hip areas like the "good" parts of hollywood, woodland hills, long beach, huntington, santa ana (which i guess isn't LA, but LA wishes it was) are kind of run down. people imagine it's a big glorious city but it's actually a big poor brown homeless infested sprawl with tiny pockets of wealth and class interspersed throughout.
also if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of LA, you have to go far to escape because everything to the east until palm springs is basically increasingly poor LA sprawl commuter communities, to the south is LA redux until the mexican border, and to the north you have to drive several hours before you get somewhere that isn't a desert wasteland or coastal LA sprawl. i fucking hate LA but people who aren't from southern california tend to love it.

you always know these threads are fake from the gay stock photo they use

Hope for your sake you aren’t moving to NOVA.

>I'm moving to LA from Virginia to work on my indie game for a couple of years.
wtf stop stealing my idea, I'm also an aspiring Californian indie gamedev moving to the South

300k easily buys a house in western Virginia and a few years' worth of taxes/utilities

why cant you make your game in another cheap place? everyone is leaving California...you dont wanna move there.

I used to live in Virginia/ Hampton Roads area and yeah 300k would you get you a nice house. move out to the country and you can get same for 150 to 180k.

Seriously, Austin, Raleigh, Orlando, Dallas, Vegas have decent tech areas

yeah why would you piss away rent money surrounded by niggers and faggots and faggot niggers? You wanna do standups with wagies? You're probably a closet faggot.