Thinking about becoming an ETH maxi

Any ETH maxis here? Is it stress free owning something you know will eventually come back?

Attached: EB7919C7-D543-423B-ADE7-4F7400B12501.jpg (2227x1484, 88.18K)

What do you mean eventually come back? It was $170 2 years ago.

ethereum maximalism is the enlightment of crypto education. the future of blockchains will be multi-chain (in the sense of rollups) but never be cross-chain (in the sense of bridges) ethereum will inevitably take over 90% of the market share at some point.

Attached: 1641549743449.jpg (750x421, 31.24K)

Sidechains are insecure. They have to sacrifice things to try to compete with ether. L2's will give it the flexibility to do just about anything. It's going to be the network governments use to roll out their cbdcs. If anybody's looking to make a swift alternative l2's on ethereum are the way to go.

Rollups seem like a huge step towards making alt L1s much less appealing. Any opinion on BTC vs ETH for a long term hold?

Side chains are a great way to get your stack up. Are you really in it for the tech?

it's always good to have some BTC because it likes to fuck over all other cryptos and do a run on its own, but the PoW FUD will soon get to a point where bitcoin will be in serious trouble. the EU is even talking about a ban, and although unlikely to be realized, it still shows the push back PoW chains are about to get.

Rollups and becoming PoS will make ETH much “greener”, right? I forget about the energy outrage sometimes.

>becoming an ETH maxi
have fun being associated with the bald cringelord and those Bankless weasels

Attached: cringe.jpg (1280x720, 95.49K)

yes exactly, the merge in June will change the consensus mechanism in ethereum to PoS, from that moment on the energy consumption is minimal.

Join me and become BCH maxi instead. Bitcoin Cash has a huge potential for gains.

Attached: Bitcoin_Cash.png (788x788, 9.59K)

Already have a stack and I haven't seen really any decent projects that can compete. I'll just have to wait for the bubble and see what happens.
I think L2s would be more appealing to governments though because it gives them more control without sacrificing security.

Which layer 2 coin?

No we are down a lot and the gas fees even piss me even

Thank you

You would make your own. And run it on your own hardware.

Yeah I never really appreciated it until tonight just how smart the ethereum team has been. Never compromising on their two biggest values, decentralization and security. When you consider l2's and l3's, having the strongest possible base layer is ultimately going to be the most desirable. I am so glad I stuffed my bags when it was under $200.

And roll ups and zero proofs or are those the same thing?

Its stress free to know it has a usecase.

I have 500 eth as my retirement plan, when eth 2 is live it should bring me in 30-40 eth a year to live off.

Do you stake it now or are you waiting for eth 2?

Very nice. I only have 70 with one stake but I do have a plan. All goes right after the bubble pops I'll end up with about 300.