/oe/ - Overemployed General

Overemployed is a community of professionals looking to work two (or more) remote jobs, earn extra income, and achieve financial freedom. Be free from office politics and layoffs.

Discuss progress on achieving multiple jobs, share tech setups, resume and interview tips.

Attached: Discord_soMvVcX13C.png (870x964, 690.87K)

Hello Sir

Attached: callcenter.jpg (474x315, 30.77K)

Currently working J1 and J2 ($100k total), letting recruiters contact me for a potential J3. Couple interviews in the pipeline, looking to land a DevOps position to really boost my earnings over $200k.

how would I go about explaining why I'm looking for a new job with my current role only being at 6months? I like this idea but I'm scared the second job will be a lot less chill than my current job, also dunno if they will try to contact my employers now (I'm a contracted worker).

like I said its a good idea but the execution might be the hardest part

Do not work software dev for a bank, your coworkers will all be Pajeets

Lie about the time if you have to. The worst is that you'll get turned down and just do other interviews. The point is to have stability through quantity, with the least amount of work for the most amount of pay. Never give them contact info for current employer(s), or fake the phone numbers.
I won't pretend this is 100% morally fine, but it is the reality of modern corporations to massively take advantage of workers; there is no loyalty, and you are doing this for you, your family, and your children if you have any.

My interest is piqued. Maybe I could do two crappy low intensity online chat/customer service jobs at the same time? Those sound incredibly easy and accessible.

morality goes out the window for corporations lol. I like my current job a lot so they would take precedent, I do get offers all the time from recruiters still. It's certainly tempting and I'm all for gaming the system

Do what you can. Ideally, the best OE jobs have little interaction with anyone. My J1 is a call center job and it blows. As soon as I get a J3 DevOps, I'm going to just do as little as possible for J1. When I get let go I'll find another position to replace it.

Recruiter
>No sorry for that this is remote opportunity and they gives you some perks and benefits as well with $40.86 an hour.
Me
>How much is [Agency] going to bill the client per hour?
R
>This kind of information we dont have.
Me
>I will proceed with this opportunity for $44 an hour. If that is not acceptable, then I kindly decline.

Attached: 0aa9df2d9bafdb61ed4f2d9e916a4486.jpg (736x590, 35.31K)

Thanks. What is it even possible for me to get anyway? I work as a QC tech at a machine shop rn so I do have some experience with data entry.

Most doing OE are in IT, specifically as developers or engineers. You could probably start off doing tech support roles, but quickly try to learn some software development and then apply for those kinds of positions. Head over to Any Forums if you want to learn to code. You can also check out educative.io

Damn son, I am already fucking exhausted working 2 software dev jobs at the same time, can't imagine what it's like doing 5. Unless they are really low effort.

>really low effort
Yes, that is the key. The way to do this is to basically try to land many jobs and just cruise, or filter them out during the interview process.

Based

I tried this for a week (gave 2 weeks notice a week too late just to try it) and it was hard. If you're gonna do this you definitely need two jobs that have minimal meetings, or one of them needs to have next to none.

What are some jobs that are WFH easy but good pay? That I could do with a regular WFH? Also is this against the law or could potentially get sued

I can't speak from personal experience, but apparently some software development jobs are very minimal effort. Currently my J2 is low effort tech support, but no calls, only email with occasional remote screen share. My J1 is mid effort call center that I am looking to replace after I get a comfy J3 devops position.
>Also is this against the law
Not in the US, don't know about other countries.

non programing wfh jobs bros? theres a ton of marketing jobs but idk how to get them. will do anything lmao

interested in this too. am too retard to program after trying multiple times trying to learn.

Attached: 1644339585589.png (1024x1024, 894.12K)

Okay, what kinds of jobs can be easily done remotely with barely no skills? I don't mind freelancing.

I can think of transcription, translation (if you speak 2 languages or more) and nothing else. Anything I've missed?

Camming for lonely men in their 60's with access to the internet and a retirement fund

based thread

this is everywhere. every company I have devved for is just pasty white dudes and pajeets. i dont mind the jeets though, they are all bad devs in the exact same way it makes me look good.

uuhhh... no thanks, I'd rather put in screws in a factory desu

What are the best certs for remote work? Currently have a mech eng degree.

it's all a LARP.