How much money should I be making at 25?

I'm a full stack .net dev making around 63k. This is the first company I've worked for and have only been here 1.5 years

Attached: 16630182.jpg (499x486, 200.6K)

at 25? Your net worth should be at least 6 figures. Aim for 7 figures by 30 if you don't want to be a total fucking loser.

Depends where you live, buddy. And what education you have. From my perspective, you're doing fine.

lol

Whereabouts do u live user? I'm the same age and make approx the same pay as you.

63k as a full stack dev???
What the absolute fuck, that's horrible pay in the US. You should be making 80-110k as a full stack dev at that age. Find a new job ASAP.

you will always be a fucking loser if you compare yourself to other people

dude. chill. you're doing great. i'm 25 and making 45-50k/yr in an entry level sales position.

the grass is always greener on the other side be grateful for your accomplishments and take it easy on yourself. buy yourself a nice dinner every once in a while

Not really man, depends on location. Some states getting 90-100k as a full stack is literally what a senior pay goes for

Although that is not to say you cannot make more. You can always make more.

Big city in the midwest
Not comparing just curious because I just started out and see other positions where I could make around 80. Been thinking about picking up a second position if it's also WFH

Do you have a cs degree from a rigorous school? Are you good at your job? How much experience did you have before that job? How much non work experience do you have (personal projects and other stuff)? Are you a fast learner with high intelligence?

You shouldn’t compare your worth as a person to someone else’s but you should definitely be comparing jobs and compensation otherwise it is very easy to be underpaid.

>25
>full stack

????

If you're good you should be able to land a $100k+ remote job EZ. They may want a couple more years of resume experience though, you can always wait a year and then shoot your shot.

Yes cs degree from a very good uni. Not ivy league but good. Decent at my job. No prior experience but after the first month I started working on projects from start to finish on my own

that's a pretty decent salary for your age. But I want you to listen to me fren, and listen closely. what matters most is not your salary. as a programmer, the salary will increase year by year all the way into your 40s. What you need to worry about is your net worth.

pay off your debts. get rid of credit card debt, car debt, etc. invest in 401k up to your employer match. start saving for down payment on a home. set yourself up to be truly rich, instead of just spending every dollar you make on payments

27 full stack making only 35K

Yes I'm a europoor

You're fine. Don't listen to the retards telling you that anything below 6 fig is poor.
This board is full of stinky poojeets, wagecuck larpers and children that have never worked a single day in their lives.

That's about where I was a .NET dev about 1.5 years after graduating college but that was back in 2012. I left about a year later for 90k job at a big tech company. You probably need to change employers to get a decent raise. That's always been true for me. Every time I changed employers I got at least a 20-60%. Just work hard and hone your skills for another year or two and if you aren't making at least 90-100k where you are now then go somewhere else. You usually need at least 3 years to not be looked at as a jr. dev.

How is your leetcode skills? And how good were you in school at taking tests? Listen if you want to make more money you can’t get trapped in .NET (unless it’s for a big tech company like Microsoft) a lot of people consider it boomer tech. You need to learn at least one of C++, python, or Java well for technical interviews and be extremely proficient at it. I personally use C++ for interviews because I used it in school a lot but I think python is probably the best of those for interviews. A lot of people think you need to work at a FAGMAN type company to make $100k+ with little to no experience but this isn’t true. However you might have to negotiate for it by getting multiple offers and using them as leverage (they may or may not ask for proof so do not lie if you cannot produce proof).

So what you should do is get good at interview and polish your resume and apply to everywhere and top companies especially Amazon since they are the easiest FAGMAN to get and they pay well. If you are able to get interviews and convert them to offers you are golden. Let’s say you don’t want to slave at Amazon but you get an offer there, you’ll be able to use it to get large but non tech focused company to pay significantly more and you won’t have to work anywhere near as hard.

It's an OK salary for a first programming job if you're in Bumfuck City and of average skill. It would be low in a place like SF, Seattle or Austin, or if you're the kind of programmer who learned C++ at 10 years old.