Be honest

Be honest.

The dramatic vlog series documenting his training, being at an elite gym for two years straight, his steely gaze, his confident stance, the handshake refusal, his solid physique..

In that moment, you really believed he had a chance.

Attached: 1617532672136.jpg (1200x800, 107.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/r26T_jPgUGM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, but it was more that I had never seen a Mickey gall fight so I didn't know what sort of can they could have dug up had they wanted punk to look strong.

I loved this time on /asp/. So many lols.

I wasn’t an MMA fan back then

He was facing a can so yeah I thought he could win.

Only faglords deny a handshake to a person they have no beef with
I used to like Punk but this made me shoot hate him. He probably watched tons of ufc weigh-in clips and thought this looked cool

youtu.be/r26T_jPgUGM

Attached: e9896e73507a586483ac9be57052e759.jpg (392x594, 33.41K)

Nah, but I really thought he was going to beat the other guy.

Haha, the comments that his speech was a rehearsed victory speech and he used it anyway seem accurate. After the fight he told Gall "don't let anybody tell you you don't deserve to be here, you do deserve to be here", which at the time seemed exactly the same like he'd planned those words as his winning comments

The irony is he could have beaten Jackson but his confidence was so shot to pieces that he turned up having already lost. He looked like shit. He looked like he hadn't slept in 48 hours. He had a haircut that kept falling into his own eyeballs. When he got taken down first time you could see the "here we go again" look on his face immediately and he started almost crying.

>I look forward to proving them wrong, but to me, it’s not super far-fetched to be like, ‘You know what? What if I put three or four wins together? Who’s to say I don’t get a title shot?

the speech is him referring to how everyone told him it was a bad idea and he didnt listen because he believed in himself. he should have listened.

I hated this faggot before it was cool.

kek

>had they wanted punk to look strong.
they didn't want him to look strong though. mma had just gone through a period where several pro wrestlers came in and dominated. they needed a pro wrestler to get completely clowned.

The fuck was Phil thinking with that shitty haircut?

Honestly, no I didn’t. I say that as the biggest CM Punk fan in 2011.

>his steely gaze, his confident stance, the handshake refusal, his solid physique..
>his solid physique..
>his solid physique..

Attached: 1d22131211b85889a87d54a5f6f255b7_md.jpg (728x567, 63.89K)

Yes I did see the fights and that is easy to say in hindsight. But at the time, just as realistically, they may have fed him cans because they knew he would sell pov buys.

I think it was cope because he knew he was gonna lose. "Look how little I care: I didn't even get my hair cut for this fight."

they gave him a total shitter in his 2nd fight once they realised how bad he was. and he still looked terrible. they could not have given him anybody worse unless they gave him a random dude off the street. dana wanted to maintsin some illusion of quality so they gave him a journalist with a little bit of boxing experience or whatever. the fact punk scored a takedown on mike jackson in that 2nd fight tells you how shit mike jackson is

>they may have fed him cans because they knew he would sell pov buys.
They did feed him cans you stupid faggot. That was how bad Punk was. Mike Jackson the nigga that tickled him wasn't a UFC fighter by any stretch of the imagination. He was literally a fucking can. any other fighter would have heemed him within seconds. And Gall? His record is 7-4, and that includes wins over Punk and Jackson you stupid faggot.