Vintage Wine and Liquor Investing

Anyone know anything about investing in rare and vintage wines / liquors? Is it a lucrative business? How would one get started? Where would you buy and sell? Seems like a cool idea which no one talks about on here. Guessing it's mainly comprised of boomers?

Attached: 80094_1_xl.jpg (600x600, 57.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thewhiskyexchange.com/
whiskyshop.com/single-malt-scotch-whisky/distilleries/the-last-drop
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whiskey is the best investment. But its like anything from crypto to art you need to be able to buy knowing the demand will rise later so you have to know the market. Also takes years. A whiskey bought now for 100 bucks could be 5k in 10 years. Its a nice inflation hedge. Personaly i would drink it before it got valuable. Storage would be an issue too.

wine is extremely difficult to store correctly. listen to this user

Interesting. Where would you buy this kinda whiskey? And is it like vintage to begin with or are we talking about a fresh bottle of whiskey right off the shelf? I'm in Canada so I basically only have access to the LCBO here. Also, is there a special way of storing it? I know for wine you need to have like a cellar and there can't be any vibration and stuff like that. And yah dipping into your stash would probably be another issue lol.

Yah true. I know that there are places that will store it for you but I'm not sure if that would be worth it or not? I also wouldn't even know if I'm buying properly stored wine if I buy from random sellers

If you have a cave with climate controls and can buy and store rarish liquor do it. If you have any addiction problems like I do then don’t do it. This is like buying chainlink, you need to wait for it to mature. Also I think it’s a total gamble unless you can store 10000 bottles of different stuff. The micro whiskey you buy locally near you and age 59 years will not be worth anything even if it’s better than McDouchie 50yr aged scotch whiskey unless they hire a marketing team.

>This is like buying chainlink, you need to wait for it to mature

Attached: 1448393098759.gif (200x150, 1.39M)

vintage bourbon and whisky are good investments because the upper 1% will pay anything for them

So.. buy quality whiskey from regions where the climate will kill production?

*changing climate

Buy a chartreuse from before 1929. It will likely be worth hundreds of thousands in a decade.

Literally troll ferrarichat and buy the shit their billoonaire hipsters "discover"

Why before 1929? What's specially about that year?

I don't have the resources to store the booze but can't I just pay someone to do it for me? Like there are places that do this no? And yah, buying the right stuff would be the biggest challenge I think. I don't have too much of a drinking problem, I mean, even if I want to drink I could always just drink some beer or whatever

Where do I buy them though? It seems like a classy business to be in lol

What is this? I just googled it and it looks weird

> a French herbal liqueur available in green and yellow versions that differ in taste and alcohol content.[1] The liqueur has been made by the Carthusian Monks since 1737 according to the instructions set out in a manuscript given to them by François Annibal d'Estrées in 1605. It was named after the monks' Grande Chartreuse monastery, located in the Chartreuse Mountains in the general region of Grenoble in France. The liqueur is produced in their distillery in nearby Aiguenoire. It is composed of distilled alcohol aged with 130 herbs, plants and flowers.

if you dont know anything you shouldnt buy anything. wait until you learn. youll have to track down releases of special release or limited batch runs that are desirable, from popular or desirable distilleries. they might do something like release a limited batch that was aged in some very expensive wines barrels, or something like that.

also just dont bother the market is not really too great. rare wine used to be a really hot market about 10 years ago but its rife with fraud now because technology and knowledge these days makes it easy to duplicate everything from the wine itself to the labels and bottles and everyone is spooked.

I was thinking of doing this a few years ago with Rothschilds wine from France, but the wine can get fucked out in shipping so it’s a huge risk. Not even factoring storage/ counterfeits

Well thats the million dollar question..u need to know the Whiskey market. But generaly rarity/quality equals value. Even cheap good whiskey can rise in value it seems once it becomes rare to get. I assume buying rare limited bottlings are good. I guess its about predicting the future. Japanese Whiskeys often pump in value recently. Kavalan I know is a new star in asian Whiskey. If i bought a ton now I would buy stuff that wins whiskey awards and try to buy a ton of them and sit in them 5-10 years. Kavalan is a good brand. Maybe rich Chinese will pay a ton for rare bottles it in a decade. Whiskey keeps up with inflation i imagine at very least.

thewhiskyexchange.com/

i knew the literal jooz who run this. it's quite likely fake, they kept mentioning how it was "all about the advertising" etc
whiskyshop.com/single-malt-scotch-whisky/distilleries/the-last-drop

>fools
>suckers
>money
>easily parted

Attached: Screenshot_20220219-073212.png (720x1440, 214.13K)

>Storage would be an issue too.
and proving it's actually that old, rather than just a cask filled with blends of whatever is cheapest in the supermarket

Crypto, art, antiques, cars, really anything that needs specialized knowledge can be where the rich are preyed upon..

Honestly though if you got millions why not throw money around on luxury rare items. Im not quite there but I would buy a bottle of whiskey for 2k if it was good stuff. You are buying exclusive experiences. Better than wasting money on designer clothes

despite this looking kind of like the Scottish highlands etc and that being used a lot in the branding, these guys and their shop are in london. and like pretty much everyone in london, they never really went any further north in the UK than the ring road. which is another reason i find the "we've got contacts in the Hebrides" idea doubtful.

The labels i think are the guarantee and lot numbers I imagine. Buy from a company that has a good reputation. Forgery when money is involvef is real for sure