Why do young social media users constantly whine that they have it worse than boomers when this is plainly untrue based...

Why do young social media users constantly whine that they have it worse than boomers when this is plainly untrue based on economic data? They often point to media like Mad Men that depicts the ~10% richest people and pretend that was how the average American lived, when in reality people had less living space per person, it was much rarer for a family to own two cars, air conditioning was a luxury (people slept on the grass or on shaded balconies instead), and so on. Have social justice movements resulted in everyone wanting to feel like a victim so that they can justify all their failures by external factors? It's pathetic.

Attached: fredgraph.png (358x286, 20.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indeed.com/career/lifeguard/salaries/
dol.gov/agencies/whd/minimum-wage/history/chart
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how about you lick my ass

>99% of people get 10 bucks
>1% of people get 10,000,000 bucks
>therefore the average person is getting 100009 bucks
fucking die lol

Attached: 1500761173938.jpg (1024x537, 51.57K)

And the Rockefeller family had things worse because none of them owned Tesla cars, am I rite?

Nice whine, but if you exclude people like managers and CEOs the trend still holds true. (Note that the graph is of earnings and the OP is total compensation. The latter has grown more.)

Attached: fredgraph (1).png (1168x470, 49.12K)

The simplest reason is this: normies don't understand inflation and keep begging for expanded social programs.

Is that adjusted for inflation? What about the cost of living vs average income?

Attached: Boomers Wages inflation.jpg (1967x1564, 340.77K)

So I'm getting 15% of what I should be according to your chart?

When you adjust for inflation, wages have gone down since the 50’s-70’s
Nixon taking us off the gold standard in 73?
Is when charts usually peak
Most blame that now for the inflation in the 70’s
Kissinger convincing opec to raise oil prices effected a lot too
Boomers have pissed away a huge lead America had.

Attached: FD916B97-D7B1-4CBB-B6EE-C564668F18FB.jpg (768x458, 43K)

Yes, obviously, compared to today's richest people like Jeff Bezos. Since Rockefeller's time, the standard of living has risen across all percentiles of the wealth distribution, so the average American is better off and the richest Americans are better off too.

Show me your dimond hands.
Show me that guy on Utube who couldn't sell dimonds at market, and begged his viewers to by his dimonds at deep discount and no one died so he vanished from the utube.

>compared to today's richest people like Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos is not the average American...

>Quitcher belly achin' son, you got all these fancy gizmos and all I had was a black an' white TV that pa was always hoggin'

This may or may not be an exact quote that reflects the intended sentiment of this chart.

>what is inflation

If you're the son of a construction business owner, you can bet your ass you wouldn't be doing "unskilled labor" by the time you're 14. Getting paid $20 per hour for construction carpentry is not absurd at all. 16 year olds make $20 to 30 an hour being lifeguards at beaches and country clubs, as well as swim instructors.

>Is that adjusted for inflation?
Yes, you have it in the chart title. "Real" means it's adjusted for inflation, "compensation" means it's wages plus benefits, "hourly" means it's divided per the number of hours worked.
>What about the cost of living
You said the same thing twice. Inflation *is* tracked using a basket of goods representing the cost of living for the average American.

That's the beauty of it, once you're in the 50% tax bracket you can never take more than a 50% loss on any speculation due to illiquidity. Just donate it for the deduction. Preferably to an organization you control so you retain access and control of the item.

If you're still only buying and selling you are playing checkers while they play chess.

Sauce on your chart?

Do you think the Fed cares about this chart or the one of wages.
look kid.
You are a kid.
Not bad but just a little ignorant on the fed.
Kids blow up buildings not old boomers.
So fed tends to to warp the mind of kids not bomers.

In any event its kids that the fed fears, its you.
When you understand that you can gain 40millon with a bullet in a day.
The fed runs and dies while the kid with the gun gains everything that the bank ever had.

Yes, these old boomer would rather live a day then die even at the cost of 40 million paper notes.
Just think of what they will do when you take Nuclear weapons for your own.
Yes you Will own Nuclear weapons, the quesions is what you do with them.

>16 year olds make $20 to 30 an hour being lifeguards at beaches and country clubs, as well as swim instructors.
Are you sure about that?
indeed.com/career/lifeguard/salaries/

That was posted in 2017 before the runaway inflation and labor crunch. Also cut the bullshit.

Attached: Screenshot_20220218-135036.png (720x1560, 120.92K)

I don't know what your chart is supposed to represent, it looks like the work of a high-schooler and has not enough information to interpret it. Anyway, this:
>wages have gone down since the 50’s-70’s
is a lie from places like the EPI which specifically chose calculations to support their left-wing point of view rather than be representative. Total compensation has been going up steadily since WW2; before the '70s it tended to go into wages and now the increases mostly go into benefits because that's tax-advantageous. Of course, the media usually skips this part because it's not as good for generating outrage.

>Compensation has gone up at a steady rate from 1950-2020
>The USD has lost 90% of its purchasing power since 1971
8/8

Please reread my post, this time with comprehension.

>16 year olds make $20 to 30 an hour being lifeguards at beaches and country clubs,
I'm 18 and I make $13 (minimum wage) lifeguarding. I fucking wish I was paid $20 an hour

The chart is already adjusted for inflation. It says right at the top, you illiterate fucks.

(((Benefits)))

There was a time when the everyman could afford to have a doctor travel to his home to do a diagnosis.

Since the 1950’s
Americans have had to send their wives to work, pay rising medical and college costs even inflation adjusted
We’ve seen industry leave and key sectors for computer security go to hostile countries
Politicians have sold us out as a country to Israel and China and every smart American knows it
Some are to afraid to say it and I have nothing against the people of those countries but thief intelligence and corporate structure pay and blackmail these guys to do anything
They change the definition on inflation every few years
the orange line on the pic I posted is wages in terms of inflation
Here’s another chart that says wages haven’t risen
This one from the fed
They can slice it a million ways and cherry pick studies to agree but everyone knows your full of shit
Families were able to keep the mom at home and buy a wagon, corvette plus a house on a good factory salary in the 50’s and 60’s
The elite decided poor dumb ducks are easier to control and have been sabotaging our country ever since

It's a seasonal part time job. Skewed because those lifeguards are making 20 an hour and working only a portion of the year. This comes out to "$24000 a year"

>when this is plainly untrue based on economic data?
Retard midwit.
Baby boomers own 57% of all the nation's wealth. Top 1% owns 38.5% of all the nation's wealth. When baby boomers had a median age of 35, they owned 21% of all the nation's wealth. Millennials of the same median age? 3%. They literally had 7x of the wealth compared to millennials (with less effort too i.e. not needing a degree for middle class jobs). Population of both generations are about the same so even though it's not a per capita stat, it's the next best thing.
The way this society is structured is to siphon money from the masses into the hands of the elites. Most people don't know how to zoom out and look at the macro so they continue to vomit out propaganda talking points like "just pull yourself from your bootstraps" as if that will magically change systematic issues.

LMAO no. My nephew is a lifeguard.

Post pay stub.

you're so obviously bullshitting right now it's not even a meme

Minimum wage by year and wages adjusted to 2020 values (Graph by Jeff Nilsson, data provided by U.S. Department of Labor)

dol.gov/agencies/whd/minimum-wage/history/chart
Total compensation has been increasing but not as fast as wages, for most
CEO’s have seen huge growth
Especially certain sectors like medical
Most others haven’t seen that growth

i get 31 leafbucks to sweep up sawdust in a mill but theres deductions and shit so it really only works out to 22.25 after tax.

in 1971 the average house cost 2x the average yearly wage
right now the average houses costs well over 5x the average yearly wage
that's all that matters.

Midwit cope. I'm talking about income, not wealth.

Like that's any better, retard. Wealth stats > income stats
Income is important to obtain wealth hence wealth >

>Total compensation has been increasing but not as fast as wages, for most
It's literally the reverse. You are completely misunderstanding my point, and I don't know why you even mention CEOs when TC and wages track the same people.

>They change the definition on inflation every few years
Another cope. The graph is done with the same definition of inflation for its range.

That must be why millennials have 7x the wealth of boomers at the same median age of 35. Oh wait.. kek
Boomers also had more unions and less barrier to entries fyi (aka not needing college degrees and years of experience for entry level jobs).

>Families were able to keep the mom at home and buy a wagon, corvette plus a house on a good factory salary in the 50’s and 60’s
This is literally an example of the dumb stuff I'm talking about that people are repeating. The purchasing power of the typical family then was far lower than today, especially since women didn't work.

>The purchasing power of the typical family then was far lower than today,
that must be why they had 7x the wealth as millennials at the same median age. Kek. You live in a cope bubble.

Ok, does anyone have an actual answer instead of more zoomer whining with cherry-picked data?

Yes. The graph I posted addresses purchasing power directly. The statistics you're using for your dumb copes are more reflective of personal choices like buying vs renting.

>cherry picked
>looking at WEALTH stats of an ENTIRE POPULATION
LOOOL fucking hell. This is super cope

>The statistics you're using for your dumb copes are more reflective of personal choices like buying vs renting.
No. You ASSUME the extreme discrepancy is because "millennials spend more consuming than boomers do" which is not at all what your stats address

There is no income.
Income is a boomer concept where they had compete control and public trust.

Boomers no longer have public trust or law.
Now what.
DEATH.
You think every badge is going to die for your profit.
Welcome do reality where you die and cops laugh at you dieing.
Cops walk over your dead body and smile, joke and chuckle.
You get nothing and like it.

>real
that means discounted for inflation. their inflation calculations are a lie. read into some of the adjustments they perform to massage the numbers. they'll adjust the price of cars downward, for example, because modern cars come with 10 speed transmissions and touch screen infotainment systems. they claim these represent quality improvements, and so they can adjust the price downward to normalize for quality. it deliberately ignores THE INCREASE IN PRICE, especially when you consider these """quality improvements"""" are unavoidable scams. that is, i can no longer buy a car with a 5 speed automation transmission and without an infotainment systems for $3000 cheaper.