How did you find a passion?

How the fuck do i find a job? I guess i got a useless meme degree but im extremely personable and attractive, 6,1 white male.
I had an internship during college and after i landed a job at one of the largest firms in NYC. Nearly 10+ years of work history now, but i can't find another fucking job. WTF did i do wrong?

My gf is actually going to dump me if I don't find something where im able to halfway LARP as successful (my job is depressing me and she is more successful in her career) ..My job is just dead-end grunt work i was basically taken advantage of. I like reading the success stories of fellow anons who actually work hard and accomplish things. It gives me hope/

Attached: inthefeels.jpg (852x480, 27.29K)

bump

You know almost everyone here is bullshitting right? If you actually work at some large company in NYC you’re probably doing better than 90% or more of posters here

so wtf did i do wrong m8

I have no clue what field you’re in and what kind of job you’re looking for
If your gf is bothered by it she’s a cunt

Think about moving to a different city. More opportunity if you cast a bigger net. Maybe also think about doing some volunteer work to give you personal satisfaction that your work doesn't. If your girl is treating you like that you might think about leaving her.

I don't consider myself to have made it yet. But I have a comfy gov job doing something I love, it's ridiculously hard to get fired and I'm only 30. Me and my wife make enough to save and we're going to have a baby soon.

I am working at a cruise control job until chainlink price catches up with reality.... then my real life will start.

Attached: 1516247195606.jpg (1322x1000, 54.37K)

howd you get the gov job mate? PLs spoonfeed me, gov jobs is what im shooting for now and its really fucking confusing and hard/ different than normal jobs.

2 more weeks fren.

Apply to as many places as possible haha. Dont be afraid to follow up with the agencies you apply for. If you can get a hold of someone related to the job. It helps a lot, because they have a lot of applicants to sort through.

Applying to many places also helps you be in the right place at the right time. I just happened to apply to my current place without realizing they needed someone with my skill set.

You're going to make it, user! Visualize it every day as detailed as possible!

indeed just two more weeks, 9 months until i buy a house in pallmia

Attached: 1516264208810.jpg (480x388, 36.25K)

any info on your job you're willing to give me?Im guessing its tech or programming?
Howd you land it? Do you have a nice degree or lengthy experience? Did you know somebody? sorry for glowing.

based how many linkies you got? i think i might be able to make it with 1000-10000

>but im extremely personable and attractive, 6,1
No one cares how you think about yourself. There’s a lot of attractive charismatic people and you’re probably the only one whose thought this about yourself

Stop looking at other people and their ''careers''. It will destroy you. Also your GF seems toxic as hell and a one way ticket to burnout city. What do YOU want to do in life. Even if its working as a zookeeper. Why not? It's your life. Too short for all the bullshit.

Attached: tinyhouse.jpg (563x751, 75.48K)

Also why don't you get a degree into something you like? Here in europe you will even see people at the age of +55 going back to uni etc to switch careers. Is that impossible in the US?

thats not impossible but the older you get the more cost prohibitive it is for most peple since a lot of the scholarships and financial aid are reserved for people without degrees or younger people just out of highschool. if you already have a degree in a field you dont like its going to be impossible to get federal financial aid to get another degree in a field you like

also the older people get the more financial pressure they are under as they get families and responsibilities so its not easy to just start new degrees. but its not impossible either, if you work hard theres ways around it like night school and schools for working adults that happen on weekends and stuff.

No worries for glowing user, I trust you.

It's a research type job. I have a PhD in a science subject that is adjacent to my current position. They probably could've found someone more qualified than me but I was able to speak confidently about the stuff they asked me about in the interviews and the tech they were working with. I didn't have any connections haha, but I think the current labor shortage may have helped me?

If your looking for inspiration; before this position I was teaching at a second rate college and was honestly miserable because I felt I'd never get tenure and feel comfy. I decided to look into industry/ gov work and I'm really happy I did. Gotta push through the rough patches to get to the nice places

First of all, did your gf really say that? If so, ditch the bitch.
I would take everything people say about their careers on biz with a grain of salt. Most people aren't chad thundercock executives or neets like they claim they are. Most are average Joes with nothing better to do than to shitpost here.

Attached: 1645068276669.gif (498x280, 428.08K)

>10+ years of work history in a large New York firm
>Can't find a job
I don't believe you. What exactly do you do? I have about 3 years work experience in a large financial firm and could easily summarize my expertise in a few sentences, well enough that I'm absolutely certain I could land a job at a similar experience level in any competing firms. SO what do you do?

Im already in debt for a meme degree cant fathom going bakc and being even deeper in the hole. Maybe i could go grad school and get my PHD like this user
im stuck with a bachelors and currently in a place where i need to go to more school or find a niche career field to LARP in for a while.

Hmm yes I forgot about the crazy costs you guys have over there. Sucks. We pay like 900 euros each year for uni. Ofcourse funded by tax money but still..