For the boomers: what made the NWO so popular?

Were they actually good?

Attached: 165-1655793_nwo-wrestling.jpg (1080x1078, 126.85K)

no

this desu
I have no idea why people loved that shit

It was a bunch of self marks with the book.

>fat virgin smark opinions

>he didn’t watch the monday night wars in real time
This board is 36+

Bunch of lame faggots trying to pretend like they're teenagers and not men in their 40s

At entertaining? Yes. Do you think wrestling was popular because of workrate? No. It was because of great characters.

>Bunch of lame faggots trying to pretend like they're teenagers and not men in their 40s

Attached: 01-bullet-club-reunion-at-aew-dynamite-new-years-smash-night-one-1-6-2021_0.jpg (1284x722, 189.36K)

I'd genuinely just watch the cruiserweights then turn it off. I couldn't take the cringe.

wow you've been a virgin smark faggot for like 25 years huh user

Yeah but the NWO had viewers and drew lots of money

That's why you're still watching and the millions who used to watch tuned out

You can keep seething about it but it's true, the NWO, if you actually sit down and try to watch it was objectively terrible.

I don't watch modern wrestling. I'm a catch style workrate smark. My wrestling doesn't exist anymore.

why would I seethe about you choosing flippy manlets over having sex?

Do you think panties get soaked by the nwo t-shirt stuck to your bitchtits?

>I'm a catch style workrate smark
lmao what a virgin

They were interesting at first, but once the roster started to bloat and every ending was NWO beat down it got old

They got over like crazy because it was a perfect storm. You had Hogan turning heel, you had 6'10 of raped bitch in Kevin Nash as a heater, you had Scott Hall who was both a great talker and worker. The Outsiders were legitimately a great tag team with excellent chemistry both in the ring and in promos. You had an inter-promotional invasion that was one of the only good worked shoot angles ever.

Eventually they did wear out their welcome but this was really cutting edge shit when they first started. Plus their beatdowns and similar stuff legitimately looked like they were kicking someones ass. There wasn't the hokey shit like the Four Horseman used to do, there wasn't any "lol i maced u with hair spray, u blind now" angles like with the Freebirds. You had big ass dudes smashing people up with baseball bats and kicking the shit out of them.

>You had Hogan turning heel... (proceeds to blather on about other shit that doesn't matter)

WCW got a clue and realised people wanted antiheros around that time.

>a faction of old men constantly shitting everything up and rather burning the company down than letting go of their positions to the next generation
Boomees like them because they're literally them

>it's my mom's fault that I'm a showerless NEET redditfag smark
grow up pussy

That description only fits Hogan. Hall and Nash were both still in their primes. Nash even debuted only 6 years prior to his first appearance on Nitro. As for Hogan, despite being in his mid 40s and having had a 10 year run on top of the card already, he was still the biggest star in wrestling and turning heel was mega-dimes.