A feud so bad and mishandled it instantly cooled off the momentum WWF had for the last two years and so much fans no...

>A feud so bad and mishandled it instantly cooled off the momentum WWF had for the last two years and so much fans no longer cared no more by the time Austin returned
Fuck Triple H!

Attached: Rock-Paul 2000.png (1341x953, 2.46M)

business was great. it always makes me laugh how people try to rebook this period when it did huge numbers and was a great success. smarks are so arrogant they try to fantasy rebook one of the hottest periods ever just because they have a hate boner for triple h. wtf did you want them to do? just put the belt on the rock and do nothing for 6 months until stone cold comes back? that would have been very exciting

>business was great. it always makes me laugh how people try to rebook this period when it did huge numbers and was a great success. smarks are so arrogant they try to fantasy rebook one of the hottest periods ever just because they have a hate boner for triple h. wtf did you want them to do? just put the belt on the rock and do nothing for 6 months until stone cold comes back? that would have been very exciting

Attached: Pauls only fan.jpg (1512x847, 78.44K)

Holy fuck ya boilin

The Rock was a boring catchphrase vending machine. The heel can only get boos, and HHH did that, the face has to actually sell tickets, and Rock couldn't.

>Triple H couldn't draw with one of the biggest movie stars of the century

Attached: 1643153945724.png (394x388, 195.66K)

Back then he was just the guy who made scorpion king, hardly a movie star, his career was sub roddy piper at that point

It did annoy me how Gaytch made sure to get the better of this feud even if Rock ended it with the belt.

>Gaytch retaining at WM
I don't have a problem with this, I understand why, Big Show had a guaranteed main event, best to get it out of the way, but he was too much of a shitter for a triple threat, so might as well make it a 4+4 corner overbooked kino shitfest. Rock gaining the title has to be done in better circumstances so yeah keep that for Backlash. Also Austin's appearance would have been so dimished in that clusterfuck, so even more reason to keep it for Backlash.

>Backlash
based

>Judgment Day
Here's where it fell off a cliff, and it's because of Gaytch. Despite being the heel, despite going over at WM, despite only losing it to the babyface at the next ppv with the most based dual babyface moment of all time, you just know he was still fucking BOILING at having to give it up to Rocky. you know he wanted it back straight away as a way to undermine/dimish that backlash moment. To paint Rock's capture of it as a fluke. I mean come on dude its fucking fake. Not to him though. Brings HBGay in. Makes it an ironman match. And of course he aint gonna lose the 2nd ever ironman match, after HBGay won the 1st. Great match, very entertaining in all honesty, wth HBGay and then Bikercarder. But...the wrong fucking finish. It made no sense. He just had to get that belt back straight away.

>KOTR
And the worst of all. Finally he lets go so Rock can have the only half credible 'run' as champ of his whole career, being the top fucking babyface and giga-over. BUT.....he still wouldnt lie down for Rock to put him over again. So he gets this contrived stupid 6 man tag match made instead, and Vince is the one who takes the pin because Gaytch was seething too much at the idea. It's just pathetic.

It warms my heart to know that no matter how many fake fights they booked themselves to win, Bret and Rock will always be more famous, beloved and respected than Shawn and Gaytch.

You are shoot retarded if you think HHH vs the Rock wasn't dimes. During this feud, they legit sold over 10,000 tickets 10 times in a row which they have never done before or since. HHH was fucking kino until the quad injury.

Mumei cute

>Big Show had a guaranteed main event, best to get it out of the way
They should've held off on acknowledging that Rock touched the ground at Royal Rumble 2000. Have Rock go over Gaytch in a singles match at WM 2000. Then, the day after Wrestlemania, have Big Show reveal the tape and demand a match with Rock at Backlash

he had a guaranteed Wrestlemania main event in his contract when he signed for WWF (yes vince is retarded)

>>Backlash
>based
>I don't have a problem with this, I understand why
Reserving a singles match between the two top guys and the return of the biggest star in the company as guest referee/enforcer for a B pay-per-view over what is supposed to be your flagship PPV of the year (WretleMania) is still retarded to me imo.
>Big Show had a guaranteed main event
Another retarded booking decision. There's absolutely no reason Rock shouldn't have went over in that bullshit No Way Out match and eliminated him from the picture completely.

The Rock was leaving Big Show wasn't

Same reason they screwed Hart over

>The Rock was leaving
This was 2000 though, not 2001.

>Another retarded booking decision
not a booking decision, it was a shoot legal business obligation. When he joined from WCW he demanded a guaranted WM main event in the contract. Vince gave it to him. So it was something that had to be done at some point. Better to get it out of the way sooner rather than later when he would get older and fatter and worse in the ring, and his star would get even dimmer. With Austin out, it was the perfect time to do a clusterfuck overbooked main event and just stick him in it (and eliminate him first in like 4 minutes lol).

>When he joined from WCW he demanded a guaranted WM main event in the contract
If that's true, I would've told him to go fuck himself like the mark he is.

The writing was on the wall, with Austin leaving he had no reason to stay and be booked below the Pauls or anyone really.

Attached: fundamentals.jpg (1131x761, 167.97K)

this was all vinces fault. hes supposed to protect his big stars and instead he was catering to his shitty son in law. I cant believe it took decades and the nxt/aew debacle to remove hhh from any influence.

>YA SEE VI-, I MEAN, DAD-UH
>I GOT A BETTER PLAN-UH
>UH-CHECK THIS OUT

>call NXT ppvs TAKEOVERS
>show gets moved to Tuesdays, you get removed as head, all your wrestlers buried, and end up in the hospital
what did HHH mean by this?

>fans no longer cared no more by the time Austin returned
No, ESL, that isn't what happened. Vince was a retard and took the money to go to TNN, instead of staying with the established USA Network

>it’s 2000
>wresting is still in its height
>every weekly show is worth watching
>your parents order every ppv for you
>the PPVs still feel fresh even 3-5 years into that talent group
>playing wm2000, no mercy, and Smackdown 2

I miss it bros. It was pure kino and we were too young to know that was as good as it was going to get.

Based. Fuck Gaytch. I'm glad everything he loved and worked for with NXT fell apart, he deserves it.