Memes aside, why has it been so cold since ~2019...

memes aside, why has it been so cold since ~2019? even before the pandemic discussion of it here was dead compared to /asp/ days.

Attached: New_Japan_Pro_Wrestling_Logo_2.svg.png (1200x1189, 246.35K)

its the single most stale major promotion. there is nothing left to say about it. its like watching reruns of a sitcom with the laugh track removed

Wouldnt say since then, more like since the pandemic

Because AEW was on the way and was easier to watch and discuss. Consolewar posting also skyrocketed dramatically and took over everything.

this
dynamite became the hot new thing to talk about on here, and a lot of those people had already lost interest with Kenny having left
then covid rolls around

a bunch of guys left for WWE and AEW

a third of the roster has been stuck overseas doing nothing on strong

thus nothing new is happening just rehashing

They need a bigger roster

Combination of this, bad booking, and the pandemic.

They have failed to make new stars. I'm sick of seeing the same 6 guys in all the main events of the major shows.

I don't even like them but Bill Ospreay and Jay White are new stars they're just never fucking in Japan

Attached: NJPW SOY.webm (720x405, 2.25M)

yeah, those guys had rockets strapped to their asses, but the key thing is they're kinda strapped for new Japanese heavyweight top guys
SANADA seems on the cusp of it but idk, and O-Khan is still on the way up
Shota will probably return sometime in then next year, but things just seem pretty dry

Not as cold as this thread you keep reposting

The people who started watching it did so because of Omega's hype, so when the elite left those people went with them. The Elite were the worst part of njpw anyway.

It fucking suuuuuucks that Jay's stuck in the US fucking about. He would have so much to do in Japan right now. I do think Narita is on his way back as well, maybe even before Shooter, so things are looking better than they have in a while on the graduation front. Kevin and Chris kept putting over the idea of someone "coming from the outside" to take care of House of Torture and I hope they have some reason speaking about it so hopefully.
Also, they should bring in the LA Dojo graduates because they're all too fucking good for Strong.

>adhom
why cant jamals take criticism?

who are these threads for? the people that you want to annoy, the people that used to watch njpw, watch aew now and are not annoyed by these threads. the people that do watch njpw now dont care about console wars and just wanna chill and post in the game threads with like 5 other people. they are also not annoyed by these threads. who is this for

>someone "coming from the outside" to take care of House of Torture
that can only be one man

Attached: Yoshitatsu.jpg (360x450, 25.7K)

Losing Kenny and then AEW starting cost them the majority of their foreign fans.

All the Meltzer smarks with Vince Derangement Syndrome were told that AEW is the new thing that's definitely going to kill WWE and this time it's real.

Kek, I feel the same way. There's the same three answers in every thread too.
>they left with kenny
>vince derangement syndrome schizobabble
>njpw is cooled off because of the pandemic but i still like it :)
Real answer: It's probably just for him so he gets a funny (You) farm for a bit. It's pointless but there tends to be a handful of sensible NJPW-bros in these threads which is why I show up.

gayew started and the obese smarks moved on